N-Europe

Nick Griffin to appear on Question Time - 22nd October 2009

Nicktendo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I watched this live and loved every minute. What a fucking idiot. I wholly support a verbal lynching of someone so despicable and racist. The only thing he's right about is that human beings shouldn't be treated equally; that is, people like him should be treated just like how he was on the show.

What a prick he truely was.

The homophobic comments were my fav. Militant homosexuals teaching in our schools!! I mean come on Nick really?

The audience provided the best questions and comments. I must admit I was disappointed in the way the program went in a way. It was always going to be lynch mob style towards Griffin but the topics that were covered we already knew about... I would have much preferred questions regarding stuff like education, employment, environment, the economy etc to have been asked and to have seen what he had to say about BNP policies on them to which we could have LOL'd even more.

The best question of the night in my opinion was the chap who asked Jack Straw if the failings of the current Government have lead to the rise in BNP support. Straw just kept dodging the real answer and going off an tangent on the question which I think proved a point. Would have loved more stuff like that than the whole lynch mob thing even though it was enjoyable to watch.

Thought it was pretty disappointing the only person who I thought came out of it good was Greer who is an utter genius.

"I have some books for you to read Nick.

You should be scared of letting other races into your organization!

Nick do you agree with me? Yes! Good!"

In my view the guy who called Nick a Dick should have been stopped asking questions. Also all 3 politicians were going for applause rather than addressing issues. Straw was the best of the 3 I reckon but I would say that I vote Labour!

It was a lynch mob rather than a serious discussion like I said Greer was the only one who imo acted like an adult including the audience.

I did thank this post, but I'd like to point out I didn't like Straw for his Uhhming and Aaahing, I think I mentioned it earlier but when you get a person doing shit like that compared to a person who is(albeit no matter how ridiculously) giving you straight and convicted answers, a tiny part of you will side with the person who isn't fucking around with bullshitting you. Tbh, Griffin did do that stuff a bit from the half I saw(i've still only seen the second half of the programme lol) but there was something a bit more...resolute(?) about him? Iono. Having said that, the conservative woman was pretty straight talking for the bit that I saw, and the black lady(:o) from the museum of something spoke quite bloody sensibly as well indeed, though they seemed to have more...snidy undertones?

What a prick he truely was.

The homophobic comments were my fav. Militant homosexuals teaching in our schools!! I mean come on Nick really?

The audience provided the best questions and comments. I must admit I was disappointed in the way the program went in a way. It was always going to be lynch mob style towards Griffin but the topics that were covered we already knew about... I would have much preferred questions regarding stuff like education, employment, environment, the economy etc to have been asked and to have seen what he had to say about BNP policies on them to which we could have LOL'd even more.

The best question of the night in my opinion was the chap who asked Jack Straw if the failings of the current Government have lead to the rise in BNP support. Straw just kept dodging the real answer and going off an tangent on the question which I think proved a point. Would have loved more stuff like that than the whole lynch mob thing even though it was enjoyable to watch.

My mate said similar, like...ask him about global warming and see what he has to say for himself, like actual issues about real things and not just race, the sort of issues a government should be tackling(tho I'm personally undecided on the masssive issue of 'global warming') but then I was imagining what his response would be;

'Well, if we send all the blacks home, the country might cool down, as it's well known that darker things ARE better radiators. Now that's not being racist, that's just scientific FACT. We'd combat global warming easier if they weren't here, as bad as it sounds, but you just can't argue with the facts and figures. It's science!'

As for him now brining a complaint against the BBC and shit, well damn, I wonder if it was his plan all along. It's both an oppurtunity to respout his pre-prepared(shh) bullshit all over in numerous news interviews, whilst getting more publicity and as it's a public body the case will most likely be widely covered, god forbid he wins such shit...it sort of gives a misplaced credence to his party. I speak on my own suspicions of people, but I'm pretty sure if he succeeds in that case, it'll make a few more people support him because he 'could succeed' elsewhere.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Or how about trying to say that there are no Indigenous Britons because we all come from Africa? Does that mean there are no Indigenous Americans or Aussies? :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as a British race. We haven't been isolated from Europe for 17,000 years either, didn't these people learn history at primary school? The fact that many call us Anglo Saxons is a good hint. This website for 4-11 year olds should help things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/anglosaxons/invasion/index.shtml

Edited by Pyxis

Yes and weren't Black people bought over to help build the great wall of Scotland fairly early on (whenever it was built, my history isn't very good but I remember this being discussed in a lecture I was in recently)?

I love that on some BBC article someone commented "yeah look at how in Australia and America the indigenous people are now marginalised, that's whats going to happen to us!" Yes...they were brutally murdered and tossed out by us (us = Caucasians in this sense).

There is no such thing as a British race. We haven't been isolated from Europe for 17,000 years either, didn't these people learn history at primary school? The fact that many call us Anglo Saxons is a good hint. This website for 4-11 year olds should help things:

You've completely missed the point there. Ultimately if you track everything back to pre-history then it is assumed that ALL humans come from Africa (because this is where the earliest known human remains were found). Bonnie made the point that there are no Indigenous British people because we ALL come from Africa in the first place. Under this logic there are no indigenous people anywhere EXCEPT Africa.

In addition to that, yes, I did learn History at Primary School. However, Primary School teaches bullshit. No surprise there really, the whole education system teaches bullshit, if there's a mistake in the National Curriculum then a whole generation take it as fact and then teach it to the next. On the subject of British ancestry you'll find DNA analysis attests that three quarters of Britons share a common ancestry with the hunter-gatherers who settled in Atlantic Europe during the Paleolithic era. In particular, Britons show a common genetic make-up with the Basque peoples, as high as 90% genetic make-up in Wales and as low as 66% in East Anglia. While there are large periods of foreign cultural influence in Britain these came from either small numbers of invading forces (Romans, Angles, Saxons, Normans, Norse) or small numbers of migrants settling here (Celts) and the blood of these people only contributes a small part of our genetic make-up. The assumptions of genocide and mass re-population came about during the 18th and 19th centuries, a period where we were rather ironically committing genocide and repopulating other parts of the world. The assumptions are based on bad evidence and misinterpretation of sources, rather than actual archaeological and scientific evidence.

Maybe you should spend less time reading BBC pages aimed at 4-11 year olds and start reading real books? It'll do you good ;)

Edited by McPhee

My favourite part of teh whole show was when dimbleby said something along the lines of "I don't want this whole show to be about teh BNP", despite the fact that he instigated teh whole thing by twisting the opening quote just to focus on them.

We've had this topic a while - and while we've argued in our own way, we can see that each party has carefully crafted their own debate ahead of the show, and with each question we see all sorts of attempts to steer the talk towards whatever territory the MP chooses.

The asian lady made a good point(ish), when she said to straw "you're not being honest" -- and I think this was very clever of her. She knew that everyone would be attacking Griffin, so took the chance to earn some bonus points for future debates. She was the most straight-forward talking, and while she slipped into the "well the audience liked that response, so i'll repeat it but using different words!" pattern herself, she did try to do more than simply attack griffin, and I respect her for that.

ENTER BIG POLITICAL RANT HERE SOMEDAY. CBA RIGHT NOW.

Oh I beg to differ.

M-spockA.jpg

There's this thing called 'cohesion', and you're not it.

Lol. I agree. As far as my feeble knowledge knows, the 'ancient brits' are pretty much teh welsh and the irish in 'nowaday' speel. I stick by my general life outlook and say 'people need to shut the fuck up about countries and borders. Fucking ignorant peons are bringing me down.

Maybe you should spend less time reading BBC pages aimed at 4-11 year olds and start reading real books? It'll do you good ;)

And as any good scientist should know, you shouldn't be resorting to books for the most up-to-date knowledge. Scientific journals, of course.

The most popular view currently is that we did indeed all come from Africa, which is why I can understand the point that was made. It makes little sense that people became so fixated with race.

I watched the show when it aired and enjoyed it. First of all I don't agree with the protestors who were against nick being on question time, I think it was a good thing that he was on tv.

From the show, overall, Nick was a complete political n00b but he did have a point on immigration everything else was just bs. He deserved the jeering and booing by the audience.

You know at the end of the day, BNP will probably gain a very small number of votes or lose a very small number of votes, question time will not have any major effect meaning that all this talk about the BNP is pretty exhausting, there is no way that the BNP will ever have any power to do anything significant.

...there is no way that the BNP will ever have any power to do anything significant.

This annoys me.

You're almost certainly right.

But you can't just presume such things and then take the attitude that it's not worth discussing.