NEurope

Not bad points at all :)

There are occasions in latter episodes which suggest reasons for why that logic-feedback-loop isn't necessarily as straight-forward as that.

But also, I think the way flashforwards have been shown potentially denies us of full comprehension. We're lacking a context, and we don't have access to mosaic ourselves so we can't check everyone on the planet's flashforwards. Maybe there are people whose flashforward was a giant "Hey it's the flashforward party that we saw in our flashfoward!" party...

They've been very loose about specifically how the flashforwards were experienced consciously. Are you a spectator? A passenger? In the drivers seat? is it like a movie, or a video game, or like a mis-mash of images, tones, emotions, feelings?

I don't understand why the pregnant woman would know the sex of her child -- her flashforward was her having a scan. Maybe she was finding out then, or maybe she just asked not to know... :|

I do think it'll be interesting to see your rationality facing certain parts of this show :P

I don't understand why the pregnant woman would know the sex of her child -- her flashforward was her having a scan. Maybe she was finding out then, or maybe she just asked not to know... :|

Becauuuse: In her flashforward, she says "I want to know" and the nurse says "It's a girl".

But surely you wouldn't ask that, since you saw it in the FlashForward 6 months ago.

Ok, got you!

But! As I said; it's not clear precisely how people experienced the flashforwards. Ep.9 has a great example that essentially suggests that the flashforwards were hazy, and not entirely clear like actual right-now experience is.

Just... watch the rest before I accidentally say something spoilar! There's a good debate to be had about all this (when is there not, with time travel?) once you have more of the show to use as questions/answers.

(I'm not saying they've totally covered their asses with everything, and I'm not even saying that they will when the season's complete -- I'm fairly sure they won't because they'll want a second season. But I hear that the book opens with precisely describing how and what is going on, so if you really want to know then I'm sure there's answers out there)

I've only seen 2 episodes, but I want to raise an issue anyway, even if this may have been answered later on in the show or already asked a dozen times in this thread (I don't want to read back through, spoilars!)

In Shakespeare's FlashForward, he saw a world where the incident had obviously occurred, since he was investigating it. So why isn't everyone's FlashForward of them going: "omg, it's 10 o'clock, this is my FlashForward!" And why doesn't the pregnant woman already know the sex of the child?

This is totally gonna be the question that everyone who dosn't watch FF will ask. It is a good point nonetheless.

I already said what I suspect will happen a page or two back but anyway,

I think what has to happen for the whole thing to make sense is for them to become sort of unconcious and not in control of their actions over the 2 minutes 17 seconds of their flashforward. Thus it would carry out as they saw it and noone would react like 'omgs this is my flashforward innit!!'

You think they'll not be 'in control' when the April 23rd (or whenever) moment rolls around?! That's just silly!

Oh god, that was an awesome episode IMO. The best yet probably. It was very awesome. Quite...unpredictable ish.

That was cool!!!!!!!!!!

9/10 TBHBBQ.

Text me at about 8.15am and I might remember to bring it in for you!!

I don't want them yet (Thanks lol) I want to catch up on Dexter/The Prisoner first.

I don't want them yet (Thanks lol) I want to catch up on Dexter/The Prisoner first.

Madness...

Every episode of this show feels like a M Night Shyamalananananananananananan movie, I keep expecting him to pop up shouting "What a twist!"

Well I thought the new episodes were awesome. I love how its so coherent, and there is answers.

I have mega loved the last two cliff hangers.

This.

I think it's just still watching. I still find it very enjoyable, if pretty silly and such.

That said, I accidentally downloaded the wrong episode, the latest, and thus missed the one before it. Took a good half an hour to realize my mistake.

Just saw episode 15. Cliff hangers and turns galore. This is currently the only tv drama I'm still watching. Lost is dumb, never got into heroes. And Prison break stopped making sense once they got out of prison.

I think the long term hiatus knocked it off some people's radar, but I think it's worth catching up on.

I think the long term hiatus knocked it off some people's radar, but I think it's worth catching up on.

I'd definitely agree, its awesome, and theres actually a specific plot.

10 virtual cookies on the guys from Keiko's garage place killing Nicole for her 'taking' Bryce from her.

Last couple of episode have been pretty interesting. Glad to see it's picking up.

This programme makes me want to engage in a five knuckle shuffle. right there. right then. even when I watch with my mum. mind blowing.

Does anyone else think she's bluffing to weed out Merry from LotR as a bad guy or is she ACTUALLY a bad guy? Can't wait to see how they play it all out.

Nah I think she's the real deal evil. I assume/presume/speculate now of course that her FlashForward is bull shit, and we'll find out her real one soon...en...ough....OH GOD SHE KILLS DMITRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait no...thats not right./ Well she might kill him, but obviously her Flashforward cannot be of her killing him.

Nah I think she's the real deal evil. I assume/presume/speculate now of course that her FlashForward is bull shit, and we'll find out her real one soon...en...ough....OH GOD SHE KILLS DMITRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait no...thats not right./ Well she might kill him, but obviously her Flashforward cannot be of her killing him.

Nah, I'm guessing the CIA guy is going to kill dimitri, the way he was holding the gun when Charlie asked what he saw, he just says "His Job"and he twists the gun a little bit.

That guy is the one outside of the house that the little girl overhears saying that Mark is dead, so his flashforward would be that.

This episode was full of ridiculousness. My least favourite part was when they looked into a chess tournament and then the times between moves and decided that the times were related to morse code. Like anyone would ever go down that avenue of thought.