NEurope

Mmn. The last ep of flashforward was excellent. I'd put money on Word of Mouth bringing ratings up again next week.

Agreed, it was awesome. The end stunned me, I thought they'd chicken out and string it along some more but no. Woah. Game changed.

SAAAAYYYYY WHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT??!!!

zomgwtfbbq i have no idea what the frig is happening!!?! :hmm:

I thought he had her "remains" analysed for DNA or whatever

Yeah this shit just got real yo. I think we're in agreeance that was a fantastic episode. Well it was great and the ending was good.

It had a really interesting balance between flashforwards being true and of course the epic game changers.

Siruos Siruous WTF moments.

Awesome. :bouncy:

But, the black dude who wanted to dazzle hot-middle-aged-chick with his dirty rice died.

:( He done splattered.

Or is he........we saw Jesus' daughter with limbs torn off her, and her having been RPG'd but she came back?

BUT

the window is now taped up.

HOLY! WHAT! THE OMG!

One flaw with the episode IMHO TBH IMHO

I love the twist the the Black guy commiting suicide, but are we really to believe that that was the first instance worldwide of a flashforward being changed? Big coincidence no?

Who said it was the first instance of a flashforward being changed? Our story is only concentrating on a small number of people.

Who said it was the first instance of a flashforward being changed? Our story is only concentrating on a small number of people.

Yeah but my point is that if other flashforwards had changed then it would be common knowledge! Word of mouth, people would have told each other. Everyone would know about it, especially the FBI who are heading an investigation on it.

I thought he had her "remains" analysed for DNA or whatever

I'm positive that in an earlier episode they said that they didn't find much of her. Which from that scene suggests that she was captured, with some limbs left behind.

Great Episode...

Shame because I was just starting to like young black 'dirty rice' guy (tis how he will be remembered), though obviously not enough to remember his name lol!

Regarding 'Army daughter'... there's no reason why the DNA test results couldn't have been fixed. Just because they got some results back from a lab doesn't mean they were real. Maybe the military used her 'death' as a way of sending her some on other undercover mission or something. Artificial leg get?

My dad just told me Flashforward is based on a book..? He says he's stopped reading it as it may spoil the show. Who knew?

I love how Flashforward is totally making the British Villain the In Thing again.

But wait- what -- did I miss teh part where bearded alcoholic's daughter returned? I am very confusd. Did I miss an episode since the suicide?

Anyway - why the hell do that 'winner takes all' bit? So idiot. Charlie-from-lost had about 1000 times the amount of chips. Such a ridiculous moment.

NEW BAD GUY MOMENT. Seven of them. Etc. I dunno - not a great follow-up episode, but I guess they need to fill-out the whole 'there's an enemy' lore, so despite these weak foundations I think the future episodes can promise MOAR.

That's a strong theme of this show, actually -- "the future promises stuff!" rather than "each episode is totally awesome!" Unfortunately I'm the sort of person who rarely completely gives up on a show, but a more stable individual might've been tempted by this episode.

Apparantly next week's episode is the last listed on IMDB. That means an xmas break rather than the end of the season, right?

I havn't read your post for fear of spoilers, but bearded chicks daughter came back after the suicide. It was the last scene of the episode.

Anyone downloading these? Just watched the first 8 episodes over the space of a few days..... love it!

I've just been streaming episodes from my good old and faithful. I think episode 8 was a bit meh really. Has a nice twist at the end, but I saw it coming to tell the truth.

Hmmm interesting episode. Raised some questions etc.

Also just noticed the title sequence has something from the episode in. Intriguing.[/Probably late to the party]

Episode 9's up and around you you want to find it - preair for the ep due to be available in the wee hours of the 20th!

Brian Eno music ftw. As for the rest of ep 9? Well cancer-man's stuff was fairly schmultzy, doo-wop-waa, but I think they pretty much wrapped up his entire story with it. All he has left is... predictable.

The rest of the ep was average.

EDIT: Man, had this window open for ages. Wups.

Really enjoying this series though for some reason I have no idea what the characters are called apart from Mark and Sarah. Maybe they'll start to grow on me a few episodes down the line. I'm wondering if all of these flash forwards are going to happen. The theory Charlie (Lost) was explaining about two future outcomes occurring at the same time was interesting. Maybe that means that it's possible the oriental dude could be alive or dead.

Hmm, was a slow episode but nice to get some back story on suicide-dude.

McBeardy is the best acting in the show.

Gotta say that THAT'S how you write a character. It says something about the show when this new asian girl is by far the character I'm most invested in so far. In. One. Episode. I'm fairly sure it's because they wrote her in really well, unlike the rest of the characters. Though there's a definite possibility that it could be that I just dig asian chicks. Could not give a shit about any of the others (aside from maybe John Cho, but dude, it's freaking John Cho).

Anyone else think both Beardy and BlackFBIBoss reacted a little on the STRONG side when Mark asked them about the text to his wife?! I mean he did keep saying he only told TWO people, so it'd be a fairly legitimate question! Not like he went storming in accusing them. Sloppy writing really I think.

Also, seriously could not give a fuck about either of them being alcoholics. The show seems to be making alcoholism a MASSIVE issue. But like, y'know, the whole WORLD has experienced a flash forward into the future. That's fucking crazy shit. Who is really going to care if you have a drink or two?!

ALSO, why the fuck did the english-guy-with-kid tell CharlieFromLost that he cheated at the poker game?! That was PURELY for the viewers benefit, there's no WAY he would have confessed to it in real life as CharlieFromLost would be quite within his rights to demand a non-cheating rematch?! Also the fact that CharlieFromLost seems like not the type of person you want to smugly piss off.

Dunno, a lot of the writing in this show seems to be wayyy way off.

Anyone else think both Beardy and BlackFBIBoss reacted a little on the STRONG side when Mark asked them about the text to his wife?! I mean he did keep saying he only told TWO people, so it'd be a fairly legitimate question! Not like he went storming in accusing them. Sloppy writing really I think.

I definitely agree about his boss being a bit too stroppy than he should have been, but the beardy man's reaction wasn't so surprising given he was in a huff anyway. Also I got the impression that he'd like let out his feelings or something during the AA meeting which Mark missed. Also, agreed with ReZ that he's the best actor.

Was a goodish but very filler episode. Definitely not gonna be giving up on it anytime soon. And the show's yet to come up with a anything that completely puts viewers off. Re: Losts polar bear.

'You're still watching lost? Have they explained the polar bear yet? Wtf was that all about!'

Also, wasn't as thrilled with the Japanese chick as everyone else was. Don't see how she's gonna make much impact on anything. Fillar.

Fuck the polar bear. What about that kangaroo!!

Anyway I just came in here to say that I totally rock at watching this episode a week ago.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/11/new-tv-show-paradox-is-uks-ans.html

Anyone catch that last night? Just heard about it just now and looks quite interesting. Might watch it on iPlayer later on.

In regards to episode 9. I also watched it last week like all the cool kids do. Thought it was pretty good. I did think that both the AA beardy guy and FBIagents boss overreacted when Mark asked them about the text message. It obviously had to be one of them and it was logical to ask.

I've only seen 2 episodes, but I want to raise an issue anyway, even if this may have been answered later on in the show or already asked a dozen times in this thread (I don't want to read back through, spoilars!)

In Shakespeare's FlashForward, he saw a world where the incident had obviously occurred, since he was investigating it. So why isn't everyone's FlashForward of them going: "omg, it's 10 o'clock, this is my FlashForward!" And why doesn't the pregnant woman already know the sex of the child?