NEurope

I'd rather watch plain and simple American TV series like Chuck or Star Trek, where each episode has its own beginning and end. You don't have to be concerned about the final outcome of the story.

3 seasons of Battlestar Galactica put me off cliffhangers and drawn out stories for life.

Edited by Pyxis

I'd rather watch plain and simple American TV series like Chuck or Star Trek, where each episode has its own beginning and end. You don't have to be concerned about the final outcome of the story.

3 seasons of Battlestar Galactica put me off cliffhangers and drawn out stories for life.

I genuinely don't see how anyone can dislike Battlestar. Then again I think watching it throught the DVDs makes it exponentially more watchable and less irritating.

Anyway, Flashforward:

I loved! Think I must be the only person who did by the sounds of it but yeh. Beyond the silly moments, the beginning that pretty much mimiced Lost, and the fact that I don't see how, when April 30 or whatever eventually does come then people will just be acting normally as opposed to 'omg this is it!!', I think there's alot of potential. The bit with the dude in the baseball stadium wandering around was pretty pr0 too.

You're missing out on teh scope of story telling if you can't stomach anything more than bitesize snackery.

I genuinely don't see how anyone can dislike Battlestar. Then again I think watching it throught the DVDs makes it exponentially more watchable and less irritating.

Anyway, Flashforward:

I loved! Think I must be the only person who did by the sounds of it but yeh. Beyond the silly moments, the beginning that pretty much mimiced Lost, and the fact that I don't see how, when April 30 or whatever eventually does come then people will just be acting normally as opposed to 'omg this is it!!', I think there's alot of potential. The bit with the dude in the baseball stadium wandering around was pretty pr0 too.

Well it doesn't seem like everyone is aware that they were actually experiencing the future as of now. The media seems to be convinced everyone just 'lost consciousness', and dreamt something or other. The media may be a bunch of saps, but they're not going to miss out on such a number if they spotted it.

But the point is raised all the same - like the black guy who basically saw stuff in the paper that could win him a fortune if he bet on it, along with a sure number of the 7 million people who also read that paper, it is a thought to ponder on - will they acknowledge it at some point?

Then again, because we don't know the full circumstances to the flashforwards we saw we can't say completely one way or the other as to whether they were expecting the moment as it occured. FBI guy seemed fairly aware that swat dudes were after him, at least. But yeah; loopholes such as that are going to be the bane of the show. Heroes lost touch with it a little bit, so we'll see. It's certainly the 'next big thing' tv-wise, anyway.

Seth MacFarlane!!!!

Anyone else see him?

YES! That was amazing!

THIS SHOW HAS GOT EVERYONE IN AND THIS SHOW WAS AWESOME AND I LOVED IT AND IT HAD JOHN CHO AND THAT GUY FROM COUPLING AND IT WAS FUCKING SWEET.

Yeah that was cool. :D

Tbh, I wasn't blown away. The very very end was cool but the characters are currently as likeable as AIDS.

I really enjoyed it, one thing I wonder though is how long will they be able to drag this out for.

Im wondering if im the only one who was hoping the guy she was with in her flashforward was Desmond from Lost when they first watched it

Something I just noticed

There only seemed to be one patient. The hospital didn't really look busy and the doctors didn't seem to be that concerned that there were thousands and thousands of people that needed help. They didn't even look like they had a tough day.

I was just reading the IGN review of it and they brought up some good points. Mainly about how it just seemed like a few hours after possibly the worst event in human history people just went back to work. Like the main guy doing his slow motion running to get to his wife, getting the phonecall from her then just leaving it, neither of them wanting to go home to their daughter.

EDIT: I am however quite tempted to get the book that this is based on, might be a good read.

I did like the way John Cho's character said "your daughter is miiiiiles away, fuck that, she's 5 she can handle herself, go see your wife."

But it did seem like a rather casual day at the hospital. Woman doctor, who seemed to be of importance, even got home on time. Its amazing how Scrubs is more realistic at times then hospital dramas :p

I did like the way John Cho's character said "your daughter is miiiiiles away, fuck that, she's 5 she can handle herself, go see your wife."

But it did seem like a rather casual day at the hospital. Woman doctor, who seemed to be of importance, even got home on time. Its amazing how Scrubs is more realistic at times then hospital dramas :p

Lol, I'm not sure if its intentional...because they're both so common but she said "Go put on some Scrubs and go to ER"

I lolled.

I watched this yesterday as I wanted to watch the second part of Waking The Dead tonight. Just as well, really, as the latter was a far superior programme.

Anyway, I like the premise of the show and can think of numerous interesting directions they could take it, but there was a certain air of the anticlimactic surrounding the pilot. There were a lot of little things that seemed odd, and not in the "Ooh, mysterious!" way. There was nothing that made any of the characters stand out, either, although hopefully the show just needs a bit more time to inject some sort of personality into them; everyone had a situation — guy who's lost his daughter, etcetera — but no one was particularly funny, cynical, selfish, whatever.

I'm going to watch more but at the moment its Lost-envy is a bit overbearing. I'm also wary of any show that won't be able to stand alone as a single season, although at least they apparently have some idea where they want to take things.

So! March 15th, Noh dies. Chances are it's his baby, too. I'd say everything is going to happen the way it's been seen, but much like the BSG opening drumroll, they won't necessarily have the connotations we currently expect - yet during the flashes nobody seemed to be going "oh, I remember thinking about this moment 6 months ago! It's actually happening!" which is probably the biggest loophole for me.

I like that they've expanded on the conspiracy theory already, with two (at least) shady people surrounding this plot. I also like the idea that the supposed people who organised this actually didn't get a glimpse of the future themselves, which means clue-wise the feds do have some sort of advantage.

Honestly, though, it's been two episodes so far and I really don't actually care about any of the characters. The entire show is purely driven by the promise of the premise, and the curious/mysterious shading the show has. There's little besides cliché and base predictability that centres around the show saying we know what's going to happen, and we're not going to even make it slightly possible for you to predict it because we're going to feed you the information you need bit-by-bit, in the least helpful order... It's an odd form of entertainment that doesn't really require your higher brain functions at all, just that you watch and observe, and eventually you'll be rewarded with the solution.

That it follows a sort of Lost mentality is cute, but ultimately it doesn't have that feeling of being able to attain completeness that I, personally, think the time-defying, island-bound other does.

I'm not clicking for fear of Spoilars, but Jay, in your opinion, better or worse than episode 1?

I think it was better than episode 1. Still not entirely sure that it's going to pan out okay but there's definite potential. Joseph Fiennes accent is winding me up though... STOP GROWLING!

I'm also enjoying that they expanded on the conspiracy so soon. There was quite a lot of info to download in this ep really which is a definite good thing. The plot seems to be going ahead at full steam and so far there isn't much sign of non-essential filler. Nice little twist at the end too. I call that the scene of his wife with that other man is some kind of forced set up by whoever's responsible for the blackout. Don't really know how to explain what I mean by that but it's definitely not going to be as straight forward as it looks.

I think it was better than episode 1. Still not entirely sure that it's going to pan out okay but there's definite potential. Joseph Fiennes accent is winding me up though... STOP GROWLING!

Lol agreed, and I swear the actress who plays his wife has a pretty poor American accent... that or Im just used to her being a Brit in Lost.

Anyways, Im rather loving it so far, thought the second episode was very good. And they didn't really fall into the everyone-going-back-to-normal-straight-away thing that people thought they'd do.

Is it a 24 episode season or shorter does anyone know?

Edited by dan-likes-trees

My god this is crap. Joseph Fiennes doesn't talk, he growls. Constantly, as SPAMBOT so perfectly pointed out.

Does this show actually have writers or do they just have a random CSI/Law & Order/Mysterious Bullshit machine. Seriously, what was the the whole thing in the loo about? Absolutely jarring.

It doesn't help that the characters are about as interesting as dry rot.

Edit: WAAAA!! The deductive logic they just showed was farcical. "Maybe she was talking about a place with lots of pigeons...duur huuur...."

Edited by Daft

So far im enjoying the story/conspiracy but as people have said, you just dont care about any of the characters.

Also, what kind of person delivers cupcakes to say thankyou sometimes after 3 in the morning???

I still don't get why the Mickey Mouse Club have been assigned to work on this global event.

I actually hate this show. The execution is rubbish and it is inexplicably popular. At least Lost had a certain something about it.

So far im enjoying the story/conspiracy but as people have said, you just dont care about any of the characters.

Also, what kind of person delivers cupcakes to say thankyou sometimes after 3 in the morning???

She's gotta be evil! Delivering poisoned cupcakes! That's what will kill the Korean guy! :laughing:

Don't care about the characters? Guys. FFS. John Cho. Jeezus sauce.

John Cho is an actor, not a character and until they start giving us something more interesting with the actual characters I will just care less and less. If the story was any less intruiging I probably would have stopped watching already.

John Cho is an actor, not a character and until they start giving us something more interesting with the actual characters I will just care less and less. If the story was any less intruiging I probably would have stopped watching already.

Actor? No, he's the man.

You sicken me. :(