NEurope

Well I enjoyed it alot(shoot me down kids, shoot. me. down!!)

I liked it as well. People on this forum are far too over critical. I think you have all forgotten how to enjoy a TV show without ripping it to shreds or complaining on every little detail.

I liked it as well. People on this forum are far too over critical. I think you have all forgotten how to enjoy a TV show without ripping it to shreds or complaining on every little detail.

This sums up about half of the people on this forum and half of the threads on this forum :heh:

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

I really enjoyed it and I'm really intrigued by the story and can't wait for the new episode tomorrow.

Well there's that and then there is the vapidity that is FlashForward.

Bad writing and boring characters are hardly a little detail.

Theres nothing wrong with being critical anyway, if there is something wrong with a show then im going to notice it. Especially if the problem is that none of the characters are interesting, thats kind of a big thing!

Episode 3

Probably the most boring hour of television I've watched in a very long time. No spoilers needed as there isn't really anything to spoil.

Nyaw, I've just started watching it :P

I have to say that

I think the main dude's AA sponsor is starting to seem, to me, like he may be dodgy. Saying things like "If it were up to me? I'd do whatever I have to do." Makes me think that somehow the baddies'll get wind of the fact that he's getting top secret info, and use him against FBIman.

Plus that his daughter is actually dead (or so he's told us, but why lie) and plus dmitri's now-fiancé saying they're getting married are, at least, things to increase doubt in our minds.

We also now have a previous incident to contemplate. Why was teh boy ok? because it was a localised event. What was teh tower? What was that stuff around it? Was it a test? All fun stuff.

Sure, the episode generally seemed a bit full of fluff and predictability, and yes teh script still sucks balls, but there are enough nice little stories going on to keep me interested still, so I'll be tuning in again next week :)

Nyaw, I've just started watching it :P

I have to say that

I think the main dude's AA sponsor is starting to seem, to me, like he may be dodgy. Saying things like "If it were up to me? I'd do whatever I have to do." Makes me think that somehow the baddies'll get wind of the fact that he's getting top secret info, and use him against FBIman.

Plus that his daughter is actually dead (or so he's told us, but why lie) and plus dmitri's now-fiancé saying they're getting married are, at least, things to increase doubt in our minds.

We also now have a previous incident to contemplate. Why was teh boy ok? because it was a localised event. What was teh tower? What was that stuff around it? Was it a test? All fun stuff.

Sure, the episode generally seemed a bit full of fluff and predictability, and yes teh script still sucks balls, but there are enough nice little stories going on to keep me interested still, so I'll be tuning in again next week :)

Agreed. Worst episode yet, imo, but still very watchable.

Two bits of bullshit though: That whole thing about what looked from the graph like 70% of the worlds crows dieing during the blackouts and noone realizing apart from some German guy in a prison? Come on, I could have told them that after the first episode (I recall a crow flying into a window at some point?)

Good cliffhanger though.

I think it comes from how its advertised. FlashForward puts itself forwards as something serious, mindbending and ZOMG shocking and just isn't. Hell I'm enjoying Cougar Town in a "its okay mind rot" kind of way because it doesn't try to be better.

Although I haven't watched FF since the first episode. I think I may just marathon it at the end of the season.

p.s. what happened to the gentle part of gentleben :(

p.s. what happened to the gentle part of gentleben :(

Goes wild and kills everyone in the end doesn't he?

They just mentioned kabbalah.

I'm not sure how this program could get any worse. It is worth watching for its car crash value.

Well I think its been a pretty great episode so far....nice bits of character-ness for some (the lead is still bland though) and I think its quite interesting. How airplane-black-chick saw Harold in her flashforward.

Etc.

Oh man! He fell for the Nazi trick hard!

Thank God he isn't in charge of a crucial investigation into a global event that effected everyone on the planet and inadvertently caused the deaths of millions.

...oh wait.

Edit: Oh my God, this is hysterical.

Shakespeare in Love: "Crows died all over the world at the same time."

Stupid Preggo Police Woman: "Who cares?!"

Maybe because it's another f*cking global event you dumb bitch. The Mickey Mouse Patrol struck dumb again.

Edited by Daft

daft why are you still watching it if you hate it to death? Glutten for punishment? :blank:

I enjoyed the episode, lolled at all the crows dying, seems really random!

Yeah Daft wtf... just don't watch it!

I didn't understand the 'crow graph' bit... did it showed crows all over the world dying on D-day, if so, how is it already showing that?

Or was it showing that on the same day in the past crows died all over the world?

Enjoying it all so far.

daft why are you still watching it if you hate it to death? Glutten for punishment? :blank:

It is worth watching for its car crash value.

Yeah I thought it was a wicked episode. That woman is an idiot though. Like when the Nazi guy was talking "Get to the point" (or words to that effect)

.....So you've flown halfway around the world for this guy and then don't have the time of day for him?

Also, the teleplay the writer Marc Guggenheim is currently writing Spider-Man (the comic) ....so I lolled at the Spidey Sense reference, smugly predicting its origins.

Yeah Daft wtf... just don't watch it!

I didn't understand the 'crow graph' bit... did it showed crows all over the world dying on D-day, if so, how is it already showing that?

Or was it showing that on the same day in the past crows died all over the world?

Enjoying it all so far.

What're you calling D-Day? If you mean April 29th (or whatever it is) then no - the crows all died on the day of the blackout. The bit at the end of the ep, in Africa in the 90's or whatever, suggests that there were tests for this previously... thus there's an aim of the whole thing, too...

I love how they have seemingly accurate data on how many crows are alive at every time imaginable.

the crows died during the blackout - nazi woke up after his, with the dead crows out of his window.

It's a bit odd that an imprisoned Nazi was the one who tipped off the FBI to death of all the crows, not, you know, the person diligently keeping the crow population database up to date.

the crows all died on the day of the blackout.
oh yeah of course, ta!
It's a bit odd that an imprisoned Nazi was the one who tipped off the FBI to death of all the crows, not, you know, the person diligently keeping the crow population database up to date.
haha, very true!

I love how they have seemingly accurate data on how many crows are alive at every time imaginable.

Plus they have exact information that shows that crows will reproduce at an accelerated rate for the next few months.

I still find it odd that nobody else seemed to notice...

Episode 4

Yay Dom has arrived. Wonder if he'll be able to pull off a convincing evil guy. I'm more sure that my theory from episode 2 is right now, about that flashforward with PENNNAAAAYYYY! and the guy whose kid is in hospital being some kind of set up or forced thing. Maybe they drugged her or summat I dunno. Anyway who wants a bet that EVIL DAD will turn good in the end.

But yeah the episode was very hmmm and mehh again. I seem to be only following it for the little snippits of info we get about the main overall story arc. The episode plot was rather uninteresting and boring and a lot of that is because I still don't really give a shit about any of the characters. I might be starting to warm to ex-suicide guy but that's about it. Heck I couldn't even tell you any of the character's names, that's how little I care.

The overall plot has me hooked though and I'm obviously going to stick with this until I get some closure about the who/what/why/how on the whole blackout thing. There's just much better TV out there at the moment on a per episode basis.