Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Rnd 4 Match 3

Paj!

New Round! I want more voters people. It can't be that hard to take time out to vote in this...

Foo Fighters - Everlong

John-McCain-foofighters.jpg

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

radiohead-grammy-awards.jpg

Round 4

Match 1: Rage Against The Machine vs. The Kinks

Match 2: Tori Amos vs. Portishead

Gete votinge.

Whenever I listen to Everlong, I always think "Yes, it's gonna get good!" at the bit where it all calms down/builds up towards the end. And then it breaks, and it's unsatisfactory and underwhelming - there's only 3 or 4 bars of the "good bit", and then, it's not even that good. While the lyrics are technically all right/good, his voice doesn't carry them that well IMO - I've certainly heard better rock/heavy vocalists.

I do like the guitar part /////\/\/ , and other aspects of the song, but overall, I'm not really a fan.

While I like Fake Plastic Trees, it's by no means my fave Radiohead track. I instantly prefer it to Everlong, because the lyrics are less "tangible", and therefore ultimately provoke more thought.

I adore the climax in the middle. It makes me scream shivers. Thom Yorke's voice stuns me.

One thing that annoys me about the song is the organ in the background. Mostly because I hate the sound of organs and bagpipes and anything that has that artificial "hum" sound behind it.

Basically, it feels like any band could have written Everlong, and any band probably could have done it better. Whereas, only Radiohead could have written Fake Plastic Trees.

Radiohead, please. And I'd feel content if they won the whole competition (although I do prefer other songs).

Whenever I listen to Everlong, I always think "Yes, it's gonna get good!" at the bit where it all calms down/builds up towards the end. And then it breaks, and it's unsatisfactory and underwhelming - there's only 3 or 4 bars of the "good bit", and then, it's not even that good. While the lyrics are technically all right/good, his voice doesn't carry them that well IMO - I've certainly heard better rock/heavy vocalists.

Listen to New Way Home from the same album. It has a fantastic quiet part that builds into a hard, fast part that can only be described in one way: AWESOME!

I do like the guitar part /////\/\/ , and other aspects of the song, but overall, I'm not really a fan.

Hell's this mean? :wtf:

Basically, it feels like any band could have written Everlong, and any band probably could have done it better.

No, they could not.

Seriously, they could not. Because we're talking about Dave fucking Grohl! Not some singer from some shitty punk band from Wyoming. But Dave Grohl. NOBODY else could have written Everlong, NOBODY else could have done it better! NOBODY!

NOBODY!

I don't think I've ever voted in these games. However, I love both of these songs, but I love Everlong as more than a song. It's just so beautiful, in every possible way.

"Breathe out, so I can breathe you in.

Hold you in."

It's romantic. I'm a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, and this song is my favourite of theirs.

Fake Plastic Trees is wonderful, and I love everything about that song. You know, it's probably in my top three Radiohead songs. But, Everlong is just way beyond everything else I've ever listened to.

Everlong - Actually, it's hardly a contest. A strong contender for my favourite song of all time, by anyone.

So Fake Plastic Trees is gonna get knocked out because of 1 vote? Seriously, I love both songs but only one of them actually has a chance of going the distance and winning the whole thing and it isn't Everlong.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

What is with this Everlong un-love? Seriously, does it just not help you guys come close to orgasm? Its beautiful. Just listen to that opening guitar before the heavy one kicks in. Listen to eeeet.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

What is with this Everlong un-love? Seriously, does it just not help you guys come close to orgasm? Its beautiful. Just listen to that opening guitar before the heavy one kicks in. Listen to eeeet.

You misunderstand me Flinky, I absolutely love Everlong :) but I love Fake Plastic Trees as well, when it comes down to which could win this competition though, I just think Fake Plastic Trees has more of a chance... ::shrug:

Everlong is gonna go through now anyway and I'm fine with that but I reckon it'll get knocked out in the next round :sad: whereas I feel Fake Plastic Trees could have gone the distance, anyway I'm fine with either winning this match because I love them both I was just thinking ahead is all. :D

My vote has to go to Everlong - Foo Fighters. Never been a Radiohead fan and to me, Fake Plastic Trees just sounds rather depressing in it's audio when put up against Everlong (and no doubt this comment will bring backlash from those who have voted for Radiohead).

No backlash from me GP :) both are brilliant songs in their own right, I know a lot of people find Radiohead depressing and that's fine but really I think both of them are beautiful tracks. :heart:

You misunderstand me Flinky, I absolutely love Everlong :) but I love Fake Plastic Trees as well, when it comes down to which could win this competition though, I just think Fake Plastic Trees has more of a chance... ::shrug:

Everlong is gonna go through now anyway and I'm fine with that but I reckon it'll get knocked out in the next round :sad: whereas I feel Fake Plastic Trees could have gone the distance, anyway I'm fine with either winning this match because I love them both I was just thinking ahead is all. :D

I rate both songs extremely highly. But, in any contest, there are very, very few songs out there which I would put above Everlong. It's one of these songs that I've listened to for years, and it's always there for me. The same can be said in part for Fake Plastic Trees, but Everlong is much more personal to me.

I didn't pick this song because I wanted it to win the whole competition. I picked it because I liked it more than the other song it was up against. Naturally, I would be happy if it did win, and it's got more than enough quality to do so. But, in essence, it's a music grudge match. One song against another, one goes through, one song against another another, one passes on, rinse and repeat. :heh:

If it's struggling against Everlong, what is the betting that Fake Plastic Trees wouldn't struggle in the next round anyway?

Fair enough... :) hmm I was gonna listen to a bit of Avenged Sevenfold on my way to work today but you sir have inspired me, so I'm going to re-listen to The Colour And The Shape instead. :D

Its been too long... :heart:

Good man. It's generally regard as The Holy Grail by a lot of Foos fans. So many quality songs on that album. My Hero, Walking After You, Hey Johnny Park! and so forth. I don't think they've made a better album since. (although I love There Is Nothing Left To Lose, but I think the previous has that touch more quality)

Good man. It's generally regard as The Holy Grail by a lot of Foos fans. So many quality songs on that album. My Hero, Walking After You, Hey Johnny Park! and so forth. I don't think they've made a better album since. (although I love There Is Nothing Left To Lose, but I think the previous has that touch more quality)

"Doll me up in my bad luck, I'll meet you therrrrre..."