N-Europe

A new low

danny

Just when you thaught labour couldnt sink any lower. Taken from the sun (yes i know but this had already come to light weeks ago on millitary forums)

LABOUR ministers have launched a shameful plot to smear Army legend General Sir Richard Dannatt - just days before he retires.

Senior MPs, led by an MoD minister, want to expose the cost of business entertaining at the Army boss's home in Kensington, West London.

A series of Freedom of Information requests have been tabled to unearth the costs - and, under Government rules, Gen Dannatt, 58, has 20 days to answer in full.

His enemies hope the big bills - incurred legitimately on official Army business - will tarnish his reputation.

The minister leading the witch-hunt has repeatedly clashed with Gen Dannatt - this week describing him as "a complete b*****d", The Sun can reveal.

Top brass pals last night backed the popular Chief of the General Staff. Lord Guthrie, ex Chief of the Defence Staff, said: "This is ghastly spin, the sort of behaviour you expect from the gutter.

"Richard Dannatt is beyond reproach. It is beyond contempt."

Our revelation heaps more pressure on bungling Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth - now seen to have lost all control over his ministerial team.

Rubbishing the general is the politicians' revenge for him repeatedly embarrassing the Government by speaking out on soldiers' paltry pay, poor conditions and equipment shortages.

A family friend said: "What these ministers are doing is despicable. To attack a decent and upstanding man in this low-down way is disgraceful.

"Sir Richard has nothing to hide."

Military Cross-winner Gen Dannatt retires from the Army in nine days after 38 years of distinguished service. He will be replaced by General Sir David Richards.

To try and smear a mans reputation after giving 38 years service to Queen and country is a shocking low. The only reason he is retireing is because labour have refused to promote him to the top job in the millitary because hes not a yes man.

This guy has done his job brilliantly and just because he has put labours nose out of joint.

The worst thing about this coming to light is that it just doeset shock me.

http://www.answers.com/topic/richard-dannatt#cite_note-13

Well, there it is. I think the man talks some sense about the "vacuum" in religious life. While I am no Christian, I can see how the absence of ethical guidance could be exploited by hardliners and fundamentalists.

It's a bit of a shitty move by the government, to be honest. But, what can we expect with a leader no-one elected, a cabinet packed with sycophants and a legislative body full of the corrupt?

I often wonder what it's like to be you- perpetually indignant at everything around you. Must be fun.

I often wonder what it's like to be you -perpetually trying to be funny when you're just not. Must suck.

Edited by Iun
Automerged Doublepost

I often wonder what it's like to be you- perpetually indignant at everything around you. Must be fun.

What because i think its wrong that this the shower of shit that are labour are trying to drag a good honest blokes name through the mud becuase he did his job well?

I hear everyday people say they dont understand what we do and why we do it so i just try to make people aware. If you dont like it dont read my threads.

What because i think its wrong that this the shower of shit that are labour are trying to drag a good honest blokes name through the mud becuase he did his job well?

I hear everyday people say they dont understand what we do and why we do it so i just try to make people aware. If you dont like it dont read my threads.

Well as a moderator he really should be reading all the threads...

Anyway I think maybe its just because this is all you seem to post. I mean we had to put all the news storys into one thread instead of each one getting its own thread. Maybe we need a danny thread too.

Labour wernt always this bad. But at least since tony blair left its just been stupid they just stumble from one crisis to another with MPs making stupid comments in between. They have lost there way and should just call the election they arnt doing themselves or the country any good.

Why would anyone criticising Labour be anything but a good thing?

Perhaps because they have some good policies? The Tories try and make out that Britain would become a perfect superpower under them, but the job Labour is doing, despite all the bad press, is good.

Mhm yes they've kinda run their course but all of this has happened before and it will happen again. Look at the 70s, Labour in power and fine and good but toward the end it went off the rails and so people blindly voted in Tories because they thought it would bring about this huge change. 80s started okay and Tories did some good, but then again it went to pot and so we elect Labour again. Then after just over 10 years we're thinking 'well this isn't working...Tories?'

Its an endless cycle.

Mhm yes they've kinda run their course but all of this has happened before and it will happen again. Look at the 70s, Labour in power and fine and good but toward the end it went off the rails and so people blindly voted in Tories because they thought it would bring about this huge change. 80s started okay and Tories did some good, but then again it went to pot and so we elect Labour again. Then after just over 10 years we're thinking 'well this isn't working...Tories?'

Its an endless cycle.

The same is actually true in Denmark to an extent. After a period with Socialdemokratiet (the main left wing party) in government, people get tired of their policies and vote for Venstre (the main right wiong party). Then after a while they get tired of their policies and thus vote for Socialdemokratiet etc. I'm waiting impatiently for the latter to happen again ...

Perhaps because they have some good policies? The Tories try and make out that Britain would become a perfect superpower under them, but the job Labour is doing, despite all the bad press, is good.

Labour are doing a good job of what exactly? I mean really. Yes i am biast but really what are labour actually getting right at the moment? If it is so good why are they getting the bad press?

Im not attacking you or the party but really what are they doing well?

No, you are 'biased'.

Sorry, I had to shoot that grammar gremlin.

Or rather, that spelling spectre.

BTT guys? What do people feel about an obvious attempt to ruin a man's reputation simply because he criticised the Government? It happens all the time here in China, and we know where that leads to.