Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

R.I.P. my love...

Letty

I receieved a phonecall from my mother, and she had an air of sadness in her fair voice.

She informed me that my lovely goldfish, Muscle Top, had passed away during the night.

He was a faithful goldfish, and cost me the princley sum of £3 - so you can imagine my sorrow and despair.

Poor little guy :(

Goldfish_by_alimuse.jpg

So anyway, who loves goldfish?

Goldfish have memories just as good as our own and they can live to 40 years of age. If you keep them in a bowl or a small tank (10 gallons for every inch of each goldfish is the minimum), their skeletons will just become deformed, their water quality will suffer and they will live a life of misery until they drop dead. It was probably better for the goldfish to die than to be alive.

Blender is also right. Goldfish aren't social fish (only people think it's a good idea to cram loads into a small space) and will nip the fins of other goldfish and kill them if they have the chance if there is a lack of space in the aquarium.

Sorry to be harsh, but Goldfish belong in ponds and not aquariums. Tropical fish are the way to go.

Edited by Pyxis

I flushed my goldfish down the loo. It was bloated and on it's side.

It wasn't dead.

I don't regret it. Too much time wasted on cleaning the tank, and it was a fun fair fish which should have died within a few months of getting it.

It lasted me 3 years...

I'm very sorry for your loss :( I've never been allowed any pets, not even fish, cause my parents are mean and work all the time, and say caging or tank...ing animals is cruel. I disagree as long as you look after them so I can understand your pain! Perhaps you could get a different type of fish so that you're not replacing him directly and you still have a faithful pet?

I'm very sorry for your loss :( I've never been allowed any pets, not even fish, cause my parents are mean and work all the time, and say caging or tank...ing animals is cruel. I disagree as long as you look after them so I can understand your pain! Perhaps you could get a different type of fish so that you're not replacing him directly and you still have a faithful pet?

Its ok really, I still have Stoyan Todorchev and Princess Semi-colon. I think he died from shock, since I'd just changed the water for his first time. The others are used to it I think.

Its ok really, I still have Stoyan Todorchev and Princess Semi-colon. I think he died from shock, since I'd just changed the water for his first time. The others are used to it I think.

:bowdown: This post is awesome, as are the names of your fish. How did you come up with them?

And perhaps it is cruel to tank up animals when you never change their water...my parents may have been right :p

Goldfish facts;

-Goldfish in the wild are actually kinda muddy green coloured!

-The oldest recorded goldfish lived to 49 years.

-They do not have stomachs!

-They can be trained to take pellets or flakes from a human's fingers.

-Goldfish like to eat live plants.

-Goldfish lay eggs.

Apologies for this, but i have been drinking tonight (quite a bit)

fishie.jpg

I'm gonna eat you little fishy

I had a Goldfish a few years ago, had it since i was 6 and it died when i was 14/15. I know what it is like to lose a pet.

Sorry to hear about this.

In China, Mrs Iun and I recently went to this MASSIVE furniture shop in Putuo district. Right in the centre, reaching up about six floors it had an ENORMOUS treehouse filled with sparkly lights and fairies, slides, seats and other cool stuff to play on! And the best thing about it was, there was nobody else playing on it!

But I still wasn't allowed to play on it :( I would have been careful!

Anyway, my point is, the ground floor was just filled with aquariums - tropical fish mostly. But what really cught my eye were the Jelyyfish. Yes, in China you can get an aquarium that is square with a round viewing glass, it has neon lights and is full of deadly, deadly jellyfish.

It is awesome.

Sorry to hear about this.

In China, Mrs Iun and I recently went to this MASSIVE furniture shop in Putuo district. Right in the centre, reaching up about six floors it had an ENORMOUS treehouse filled with sparkly lights and fairies, slides, seats and other cool stuff to play on! And the best thing about it was, there was nobody else playing on it!

But I still wasn't allowed to play on it :( I would have been careful!

Anyway, my point is, the ground floor was just filled with aquariums - tropical fish mostly. But what really cught my eye were the Jelyyfish. Yes, in China you can get an aquarium that is square with a round viewing glass, it has neon lights and is full of deadly, deadly jellyfish.

It is awesome.

Uh, not to be nitpicky, but in what way exactly did this post relate to the passing of Muscle Top? :confused:

Uh, not to be nitpicky, but in what way exactly did this post relate to the passing of Muscle Top? :confused:

JELLYFISH ARE FISH TOO! HATE CRIME!

Essentially my point is that though it's sad that the goldfish died, Jellyfish are made of win and can be pets too. You have to see it to believe it.

Also, I want to go back to that cool treehouse place on my own sometime.

EDIT: I found a picture! Though it's not the same one as I saw.

aqua_scape_design_aquarium.jpg

Edited by Iun

I have tropical fish and they are brilliant. Fascinating creatures but there's a surprising amount of maintenance involved but when it's looking clean and vibrant. They appear very human like in ways and the shape of them and their faces means they appear happy/sad or whatever so it's easy to get attached to them.

One day maybe I'll get a tank big enough to house a very special fish they have in a local shop that I've forgotten the name of.

But as a fish fan I mourn your loss.

Sorry to hear it. I only see them as fish, but i do see how you can be upset if a pet dies.

JELLYFISH ARE FISH TOO! HATE CRIME!

Essentially my point is that though it's sad that the goldfish died, Jellyfish are made of win and can be pets too. You have to see it to believe it.

Also, I want to go back to that cool treehouse place on my own sometime.

EDIT: I found a picture! Though it's not the same one as I saw.

Jelly Fish are not fish :)

Since jellyfish are not actually fish, some people consider the term jellyfish a misnomer

Sorry to hear it. I only see them as fish, but i do see how you can be upset if a pet dies.

Jelly Fish are not fish :)

FORUM NAZI! HATE CRIME!

Naw, love you really.

You are techincally correct, and that's the best kind of correct,

Portuguese Man'o War are for example, if memory serves, not an individual organism but in fact a collection of four smaller organisms clustered together. And therefore not a jellyfish, but still they are mistaken for one.

But yeah, we still call these these things "fish" even though they're not fish.

It's like you know, we say "French People" but they're not actually...

Edited by Iun