N-Europe

Headphones

stuwii

I would just go argos and get the bass boosting sony earphones for about 7 quid. Much better sound than your standard Ipod crap. And sure they aren't white but when sound quality is considered who cares. Throw in the fact you can get them insured for around £1.97 you will never have to buy a pair of earphones again. Will just cost you £1.97 each time for a replacement. (renewing the insurance policy)

Edited by Ten10

I wouldn't say iPod ones are rock bottom, I've used much worse. Although in terms of durability they are rock bottom (Mind fell apart in a year). TBH, its probably best not to have white earphones with all the iPod theft lately.

I would just go argos and get the bass boosting sony earphones for about 7 quid. Much better sound than your standard Ipod crap. And sure they aren't white but when sound quality is considered who cares. Throw in the fact you can get them insured for around £1.97 you will never have to buy a pair of earphones again. Will just cost you £1.97 each time for a replacement. (renewing the insurance policy)

thats a great tip! headphones necer last more than 6 months for me and the insurance is for 3 years

Stuwii... listen to Origin of Symmetry on these headphones and then try telling us that it's shit. :heh:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3438214/Shure-SE210-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/Product.html

[/thread]

Admittedly I didn't pay the full RRP though, I got them when they were reduced to £17.99 for a day, best pair I've ever bought. :)

Edited by S.C.G

I need some new ones actually. Mine literally fell apart when I picked them up last month and I think I threw the receipt out when I moved. Anyway, anyone know any good overhead ones (i.e. this style) which are...I dunno. Very adjustable? My head seems small/oddly shaped as mine never quite sat right unless I had a hat on. They can be adjusted but not quite right enough...

So yeah, reccomendations?

On HUKD they're posting that you can pick up clearance stock of Sennheiser CX300s for £5.34, which is a fantastic price, at Tescos, but my local Tesco didn't have any :( might be worth ringing yours and seeing if they've got that deal on. If you want overhead ones though... well the ones you posted a pic of are about £250 but you can grab these for £15, Dan can vouch for their quality but I don't know about size adjustability, you'd have to ask him.

Edited by Shorty

I don't understand why you'd pay so much for headphones. You wear them mostly when on the go, or at work/school/college/university, right? These are distracting and noisy environments, so do you really expect you'll be able to enjoy the stupid-amount-of-money-sound-quality? As long as they're comfortable it's fine.

I expect someone to post telling me I'm wrong. Most likely that person is within reach of over-priced earphones.

I don't understand why you'd pay so much for headphones. You wear them mostly when on the go, or at work/school/college/university, right? These are distracting and noisy environments, so do you really expect you'll be able to enjoy the stupid-amount-of-money-sound-quality? As long as they're comfortable it's fine.

I expect someone to post telling me I'm wrong. Most likely that person is within reach of over-priced earphones.

Well you are wrong. If you can't tell the difference then you are most likely deaf. Obviously the person to point out you are wrong is going to have expensive headphones, because if you don't then any opinion you have is going to be completely invalid.

Good headphones block out a shit load of external sound even when you aren't listening to anything so your noisy environment point irrelevant.

People probably listen through headphones at least a couple hours a day, while travelling or at work/school/uni, like you said. This adds up to a serious amount of time every week so why you would not invest money on something you happily spend so much of your time doing is bizarre.

Once you get good headphones, anything not up to scratch is highly noticeable.

I think BOSE's Around-ear headphones are amazing. My first pair of decent and they were like silk.

p_triport_l_s_tcm6-1836.jpg

However, they utterly fail at build quality so AVOID. Mine broke after about nine months. (Actually, anyone know where I could get these repaired?)

I'd recommend getting some WESC Bongo's but I'd rather people didn't because now everyone is buying WESC (granted the budget version of mine but the plebs can't tell the difference).

Good headphones block out a shit load of external sound even when you aren't listening to anything so your noisy environment point irrelevant.

To me, that's an extremely bad thing for when you're on the go.

Noise isolating headphones are win, obviously though not good for cycling when you need to be paying attention, but for like bus / train journeys they are perfect, the only downside about them is that you need to clean the ear-buds every so often obviously but aside from the points listed I can't see why anyone would choose anything other than noise isolating headphones for noisy environments like that.

Even when you have them in though you can still hear people if there is no music playing but their voices will be significantly dulled but the other main advantage of them is that you can play your music at full volume because no-one besides you can hear it. :D

what i dont get is why people will share their noise isolating ear phoones or even just ear phones... i mean sticking something up your nose and into your inner ear cant be that different in the ickyness. The shop i was in today (SE Asia) allowed me to try and earphone i wanted to.... i can see the point as fit is important but so is stds

On HUKD they're posting that you can pick up clearance stock of Sennheiser CX300s for £5.34, which is a fantastic price, at Tescos, but my local Tesco didn't have any :( might be worth ringing yours and seeing if they've got that deal on. If you want overhead ones though... well the ones you posted a pic of are about £250 but you can grab these for £15, Dan can vouch for their quality but I don't know about size adjustability, you'd have to ask him.

Just ordered meself those, been meaning to buy some overhead ones for a while, if the interenet it to be believed their pretty good quality. Hard to choose between those and the HD202 which are the same price but meh.

Wish I had the money to buy really good, expensive headphones... one day...

what i dont get is why people will share their noise isolating ear phoones or even just ear phones... i mean sticking something up your nose and into your inner ear cant be that different in the ickyness.

Erm...how filthy are your ears?

They have shared headsets in the place I work at and trust me they are disgusting. (thankfully I have my own set)

Ear infections! Especially so with the inner ones.

Cans get dirty from whatever skin and rubbish is on the side of your face or whats in your hair.

Defo not hygienic to share - wouldn't share mine and wouldnt borrow anyone elses - that's for sure.