NEurope
Dyson

Unemployment, travelling and smoking thread. Apparently.

Well done, Knight of Dysonia.

I knew you could do eet. Naw, enjoy your freedom.

Also, maybe you could share the staff discount love for your forum sexies, yes, yes? No? Screw you!

Hmm got an interview. Was in a pub for lunch and got a phone call from some woman working on the recruitment team for a photographic sales assistant I applied for. Job sounds mostly okay except it includes Saturdays (and come October I will have a language class to attend on Saturdays) and its minimum wage. Figured out 40 hours per week on mimum wage is £11k a year (not including tax) so...I doubt I can live on that really. Need to think it over.

But annoyingly couldn't schedule an interview til Tuesday so its either see if I can stay down in London for longer (and have to take more stuff with me tomorrow) or come back and go again.

Is there much chance of getting a job in retail that dosent include working sat? Ive never worked retail but my girlfriend has had a few weekend jobs and they always seem to include working every sat or alternate sats.

Is there much chance of getting a job in retail that dosent include working sat? Ive never worked retail but my girlfriend has had a few weekend jobs and they always seem to include working every sat or alternate sats.

Not that I'm aware of unless you specifically say that you can't work weekends, which doesn't hold much favour with employers.

Unfortunetly you'll either have to stay unemployed or work certain saturdays. :indeed:

No no I know that. It wasn't the negative factor, but rather one of a few. Mostly the money thing. I can't see myself realistically living off about £800 a month. Particularly as uni fees are £200-odd.

Try to Negotiate? I would think with your retail experience you would be able to haggle a bit? If they did offer you the job they might be willing to offer you more to get you. I managed to get a bit higher for my current job, I nearly didn't ask but the first offer was just too low.

Obviously. When shops trade six or seven days a week, you need to be able to spread your staff out, no use having them all doing the same shifts. I used to work permanent Mon - Fri before changing about a year ago.

It seems like quite a few of us are in luck lately.

Over the past few weeks i have applied, requested, and pleeded for numerous positions.

One of which has been successful and i have been invited for a skill interview where i will have to do a test to determine the level.

Edited by Kirkatronics

seriously... bide your time and dont settle for the job you dont really want (unless of course there are pressing needs for cash e.g. a baby). If you live with mummy and daddy for ever and play pirated games when not trolling the internet, you never have to work. Once you are in a job, your ambitions and time to pursue your ambitions is seriously reduced. At the moment it is like being a farmer in the desert. Bettter to eat your seeds now and save the bare minimum for when the rain comes. I fear animal crossing and harvest moon has corrupted too many minds to materialism

I have a job, I don't particularly like having it. My aim is to sell a novel and retire young.

It seems like quite a few of us are in luck lately.

Over the past few weeks i have applied, requested, and pleeded for numerous positions.

One of which has been successful and i have been invited for a skill interview where i will have to do a test to determine the level.

That post was very different this morning :heh: Good luck anyway.

That post was very different this morning :heh: Good luck anyway.

Haha, i was excited.

I read it and thought it sounded a bit silly.

seriously... bide your time and dont settle for the job you dont really want (unless of course there are pressing needs for cash e.g. a baby). If you live with mummy and daddy for ever and play pirated games when not trolling the internet, you never have to work. Once you are in a job, your ambitions and time to pursue your ambitions is seriously reduced. At the moment it is like being a farmer in the desert. Bettter to eat your seeds now and save the bare minimum for when the rain comes. I fear animal crossing and harvest moon has corrupted too many minds to materialism

actualy, dont listen to this. any job is better then the shame of the dole. anyhthing beats going on job courses. even if your job is shite and poorly paid, it helps you get that ideal job. i mean, you dont expect a perfect job to fall into your lap with no experience do you?

work hard, prove yourself, gain expereince in different areas. it may suck to work, but it sucks far less then being unemployed for 10 months. belive me.

I've got a meeting on Monday with an agency which helps with teachers getting supply or permanent teaching work. I've also got another meeting on Thursday with another agency. Both in Cardiff.

It may be my only hope now of landing a proper job in time for the new school year. So much time spent applying for teaching jobs, so much time waiting: getting up in the morning and not seeing any new post by the door, or even not receiving a rejection letter, it's bluddy crap.

actualy, dont listen to this. any job is better then the shame of the dole. anyhthing beats going on job courses. even if your job is shite and poorly paid, it helps you get that ideal job. i mean, you dont expect a perfect job to fall into your lap with no experience do you?

work hard, prove yourself, gain expereince in different areas. it may suck to work, but it sucks far less then being unemployed for 10 months. belive me.

i dont think anyone disagrees with what you are saying. but right now (or for the last 10 months), you could have spent your time in that depressing world of job hunting or you could have written a book, traveled the world or got on the high score board for whatever game or increased your postcount. "experience" doesnt have to be a paid job. Its about riding the recession. Job hunting is the most draining thing you can do and puts you life in a frozen state. I wouldnt go on the doll as you still have to be a job hunter. People get so depressed about jobs, that they do rash things like joining the army and dying. Better to live.

(of course some people have to work and even their parents want to charge them rent! )

Edited by blender

ended up working an extra hour cos people refuse to leave, dosent matter what you say.

gonna start shiving the cunts next time.

the boss seems to like me mind, sees im not afraid to get stuck in, or do some extra work.

my part time job that im not particularly fond of has suddenly turned into a full time job as there is a huge lack of workers.

So its a mixture of good and bad, I will hate it but in times like this I feel lucky to be working full time!

my part time job that im not particularly fond of has suddenly turned into a full time job as there is a huge lack of workers.

So its a mixture of good and bad, I will hate it but in times like this I feel lucky to be working full time!

Think of the money! :heh:

Think of the money! :heh:

This.

I got offered full time after doing part time Teaching Assistants work. And while I will miss the lie ins who cares the amount of shit I am gonna do once I get more money will be epic. Gym membership time! Only downside is I could be Flinkys full time bitch if he landed a teachers job at my school.

This.

I got offered full time after doing part time Teaching Assistants work. And while I will miss the lie ins who cares the amount of shit I am gonna do once I get more money will be epic. Gym membership time! Only downside is I could be Flinkys full time bitch if he landed a teachers job at my school.

You enjoy the swing duty too much to refuse the job, Haden :heh:

Flinkeh's bitch? Uh oh :D

You enjoy the swing duty too much to refuse the job, Haden :heh:

Flinkeh's bitch? Uh oh :D

Yeh I am addicted to the power to be fair! And yeh Flinky would indoctrinate the kids about man utd at PE time I'm sure.

Yeh I am addicted to the power to be fair! And yeh Flinky would indoctrinate the kids about man utd at PE time I'm sure.

You just like playing on the swings, poor kids have to push you!! :sad:

;)

You just like playing on the swings, poor kids have to push you!! :sad:

;)

You kid but that happened once. Good times! Well for the 5 seconds it lasted before they got bored and wanted to be pushed again.

i burnt my hand at this bad work thing :( i couldent swear either as their where families about. i went " shiieeesh thats hot!"