Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What complete fucking bullshit. Seriously. The Twilight Saga is honestly one of the worst things to happen to modern literature. And now, they're so fucking desperate for sales, that they're pulling off bollocks like that. I mean, whatever next? A book based in Phoenix, Arizona with a sticker on it saying "Based in Bella's home town"?

Fuck, I can't wait for the Twilight fad to die, so something half decent can become popular again U____U

I saw someone reading Twilight (or New Moon, one of em) on the Tube. I felt like asking if they have no self respect but instead I carried on reading Front...

But yeah, its a shitty annoying franchise.

You really should have just walked up to them, set the book on fire then walked away not saying a word

I don't carry fire-making tools with me, and I think when I'm sat next to them on a sealed-in Tube cart its probably not all together safe :heh:

I think if its a Twilight book then its worth the risk. Go buy yourself a lighter, matches or just find two sticks you can rub together incase you come across another one of these "Twilight fans"

Further proving Lindsay Funke is a revolutionary;

Dreaming of Celebrity Genes: Donor–Look-alike Sperm Bank Comes to NYC

Five weeks ago, Los Angeles–based sperm bank California Cryobank launched a celebrity-inspired "Donor Look-A-Likes" service, which allowed clients to search for donors according to what celebrities the donors most resemble. The service, which is a catchy way of answering the question of what donors look like without having to actually reveal their pictures, was an instant hit: The company's website was inundated by inquiries (300 percent more than usual) from women who want their artificially inseminated progeny to look like David Beckham or Jon Hamm.

So far regular-guy-type actors Paul Walker, Greg Grunberg (from Heroes and Alias), Scott Caan, and Ben Affleck have garnered the most interest; Brown says guys with dark hair and blue eyes do best. Sportsmen are popular, too — Brett Favre, basketballer Luke Walton, and Jeremy Shockey in particular. If C- and D-list studs are more your style, Lance Bass, Adam Carolla, and Joe Rogan types make the celeb search engine, too.

Mommy, what will I look like?

• 2 weeks later...

from the daily week

Death sentence for killer pedophile Tom Cruise

13 September 2009

Tom Cruise faces death by lethal injection as his punishment for his role in the savage slayings of dozens of small children, if he ever commits this crime, which, so far, he hasn't.

The Nielsen Hypothetical Crimes Survey polled a large number of Americans to find out what they thought would be the most shocking crime Tom Cruise could commit, choosing from a range of options which included parking offences and loitering for the purpose of engaging in a prostitution offence.

By a large margin, the answer most often chosen as most shocking was a two-year spree of gruesome pedophilia murders, involving the killing and mutilation of small children. On a scale of forgivability, his invented crime is ranked between "unforgiveable" and "totally unforgiveable".

Nielsen pollster Wendy Gleece said that the survey should be a stark warning to Cruise.

"The public have spoken, and they say that, if Tom Cruise was a murderous pedophile - which he isn't, but IF - they would be angry. Very angry."

Nielsen also polled US Supreme Court justices asking what sentence would be appropriate, if Cruise were ever convicted of being a pedophile murderer, which he has not been.

"As a celebrity, Cruise is not less culpable than other citizens. If anything, he is more so," said the court, in a tersely worded majority opinion. "People look to him as an example. And now that he has betrayed that public trust, his punishment must likewise serve as an example. Cruise must pay with his life."

But, in a dissenting opinion, Judge Scalia said that such a punishment was not harsh enough.

"He must be kept alive, but in a state of perpetual pain and torment," said Scalia. "His death, when at last it comes, must be more slow and painful than any lethal injection can deliver."

Cruise's gory imaginary crimes involved the sexual assault and murder of 40 small children. Some of his victims were as young as three years old. Artists broke down in tears as they showed their impressions of what the murders would have looked like, if they had happened, which they didn't. The images, which show Cruise killing and in some cases eating his victims, are too shocking to be reproduced here, but Nielsen promises to reveal them online.

Moviegoers were outraged by the fabricated crimes.

"Tom Cruise always seemed like such a nice young man," said Ethel May, of Burlington, Ontario, a one-time Cruise fan. "He was charming in Risky Business, and it makes me sad to think of him doing these awful things to children. At least, it would, if he did, but he didn't, but if he had, then definitely."

Nielsen also asked Supreme Court judges in Canada whether the death sentence was the right choice for Cruise.

"The question is ridiculous," raged Canadian Supreme Court Judge Ian Binnie. "We don't even have the death sentence in Canada, so obviously I couldn't sentence Tom Cruise to it."

Binnie continued: "Instead, I would insist that Cruise was extradited back to his native land, where these crimes were committed in fiction, if not in fact. There I hope he would receive the maximum sentence allowed by law. He thought he could murder with impunity, but now he will learn that, even in death, those weak and defenceless children have a powerful ally - the Law. It is reality. It is a harsh reality. It is an unreal reality."

Many of those who read full reports of the imagined crimes complained to Nielsen that they were made physically ill by descriptions of Cruise's sadistic treatment of his young victims, some of whom were lured to the star's house with promises of candy and free Scientology tests.

"These are certainly disturbing crimes we have invented," said Gleece. "We would not normally have made this offensive and disturbing report public, but Tom Cruise is a prominent figure, and we believe people have a right to know what crimes he has not committed - and must not commit."

Said Gleece, "If releasing this information prevents Tom Cruise from carrying out even one of these, frankly unlikely sex murders, it will have been worth the effort."

Jessica Simpson's dog

Jessica Simpson reports that her beloved dog was snatched by a coyote on Monday night. The actress and pop singer posted to her Twitter account the news that the wild animal grabbed her maltipoo, Daisy, and vanished.

"My heart is broken because a coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes. HORROR!" she wrote. "We are searching. Hoping. Please help!"

Fliers have been posted in her Calabasas, Calif., neighborhood, offering a reward for anyone who rescues the dog.

A neighbor told a British newspaper: "We heard yelling and screaming coming from the direction of Jessica's house around 9 p.m. I can only imagine that it was that moment that it happened because the next day we saw posters up around the neighborhood announcing that Jessica had lost her dog to a coyote. It's so sad."

Daisy was a gift from Simpson's ex-husband, Nick Lachey.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!