NEurope

Not that I do personally, but if anyone wanted to discuss the topics of the threads that have been combined, they couldn't really because this thread is now a discussion about modding and a bit of a slanging match.

Ashley, I'm looking at you to sort it out :heh:

Not that I do personally, but if anyone wanted to discuss the topics of the threads that have been combined, they couldn't really because this thread is now a discussion about modding and a bit of a slanging match.

Ashley, I'm looking at you to sort it out :heh:

I just got back off holiday. Gimme a break :heh:

Why not just have sub boards for news and media.

The reason why there should be individual news topics rather than one merged essay topic is the exact same reason why newspapers don't merge all their news into one chunk of text. It's all about headlines. You see a headline for some shocking article and you're encouraged to read on. Similarly, you see a topic with a title that shocks or interests you, and you're encouraged to click and subsequently post your thoughts. If all such topics were to be merged into a 'News thread', people wouldn't have much of an urge to click it. Picture a newspaper headline reading 'News', with the actual news being listed underneath. It'd be pretty ridiculous.

Really, though, there isn't a huge number of topics being created on these forums. There's topics from 3 days ago still sitting on the first page of this forum, so I wouldn't say that 'useless' topics are camouflaging good ones.

Edit: After reading Flink's post it seems that he's pretty much covered my thoughts.

QFT.

The news threads even the less important stories are way more interesting than the birthday threads. Why can't people just wish each other happy birthday on those profile discussion things rather than creating a new thread for it every day.

The news threads even the less important stories are way more interesting than the birthday threads. Why can't people just wish each other happy birthday on those profile discussion things rather than creating a new thread for it every day.

I kinda like that tradition. It gives one a warm fuzzy feeling of being loved. :)

I have not seen the Toy Story 3 trailer and I would love to, but alas, it's in that generic thread I never go too.

Just to point it out;

Y'all are are complaining at Dan Dare for doing, in crude terms, what he chooses. And are then complaining you don't see little things in big threads because you choose not to look.

:heh:

Edited by Ashley

Just to point it out;

Y'all are are complaining at Dan Dare for doing, in crude terms, what he chooses. And are then complaining you don't see little things in big threads because you choose not to look.

Because I don't care about every movie, I care about god damn Toy Story 3!

If you cared you would have seen by now. Google news alerts you know? :heh:

Anyway we're going wildly off the point.

Just to point it out;

:heh:

I Ron Knee. Irony

If you cared you would have seen by now. Google news alerts you know? :heh:

Anyway we're going wildly off the point.

I dont think we are. The point is people dont like massive threads. And someone hasnt seen the toy story trailer because the thread was binned. Its stupid.

Too soon Daft.

I dont think we are. The point is people dont like massive threads.

And Dan didn't like those threads.

Its like when people argue "I know I posted in the wrong forum but people don't look at the others." I'm sorry but I can't dictate viewing habbits. Its like complaining to the BBC that they aren't showing a film you want to watch because you refuse to tune into ITV.

The fact is though. Most people (who've posted in here) seem to like small threads, the way it was. It seems like change for change sake a bit.

Too soon Daft.

Its like when people argue "I know I posted in the wrong forum but people don't look at the others." I'm sorry but I can't dictate viewing habbits. Its like complaining to the BBC that they aren't showing a film you want to watch because you refuse to tune into ITV.

So what dan likes goes? Most have been negative towards dans stance.

I was merely pointing out what I believed to be the flaw in your counter-point, not commenting on the wider issue.

Just watched the trailer, damn nostalgia. There's a tear running down my face.

Too soon Daft.

DOHOHOHO!

I was merely pointing out what I believed to be the flaw in your counter-point, not commenting on the wider issue.

Sir have you ever considered entering politics? :p

spaceball.jpg

That took me a really long time to see what that was. Wow. I kept wondering if it was indicating missile paths or something.