Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

3-0 as I predicted. Very happy with the result but was nice to see Aston Villa bring their game and offer a challenge, it honestly wasn't easy to watch at times.. Penalty appeal was rightly denied though, backing in to a defender doesn't constitute a foul.

But tripping up an attacker is. Learn the game, christ.

In better news: West Bromwich Albion are once again Premier League :yay:

Fucking.. have it :D:hug::yay::love:

Congrats. But please stop yo-yoing. ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck it. I was hoping we'd get silverware. I would much rather end a soon-to-be 15 year wait for a trophy than get fourth place.

Oh, well, pretty happy about Baggies coming up. Congrats.

If Wolves stay up, and they probably will, next season we'll have the biggest teams in the West Midlands in the top flight. And Birmingham City too. :D

Today has been a good day.

Second that. Play up Pompey!!

Pompy, Pompy, knocking out Spurs, in extra time too. Ecstatic for them and I wonder how well Spurs will bounce back this Wednesday, gives Arsenal a helping hand indeed which makes today a brilliant day with Man U being held, we can get second yet.

Whats better than the result is Spurs have had to play 120 minutes ahead of the North London Derby and our boys have had the week to rest up. Win at Spurs and we're back in the hunt.

And well played Blackburn, although I am slightly nervous about playing them at the end of the month. They drew to both Chelsea and Man Utd.

Edited by Ramar

Ribery? Class?! The man has none at all, he showed this again during the game. Look at the way he's been trying to construct a transfer for himself, baiting the press. He's been very disrespectful towards his team and supporters.

I meant class on the pitch. I think it goes without saying that there are a lack of high profile footballers who show class both on and off the field. I thought Ribery was better than that.

I think Ribery is a class act, I'd swap Diaby and Denilson for him, he fits our bill perfectly - french and hated by man utd.

Yeah, add in the Prick Factor and he's definitely a potential Arsenal Legend. ;)

and Manchester United players under Alex Ferguson have always respected the referee's decisions and never once crowded him and tried to get someone booked/sent off

I don't like it when any players do it. If it's one of ours, I'll give them hell for it. The other things I hate are when players go down over light tackles and take an eternity to get up. Whether it's a United player or anyone else, I don't like to see that kinda thing.

~ ~ ~

A bit gutted we didn't get the 3 points at Ewood Park. But, they've been good defensively this season, so it wasn't going to be an easy game at all. We should've been more prepared for that. Playing Scholes and Giggs in midfield wasn't a very positive decision, imo. We need somebody who will be busting a gut to get into the box, an exciting central midfielder. Scholes can do this sometimes but given his age, you can't expect him to do it week in week out anymore. I really don't think you can play both of these players together, especially not in central midfield.

~ ~ ~

Well done to Pompey for getting to the FA Cup Final. I hope you beat the Chelsea Scum to a pulp.

Cracking article by George Caulkin in the Times the other day

In defence of the North East

Free for every reader, your cut-out-and-keep guide to North East football cliches. Courtesy of The Times, you need never again be stuck for conversation down the pub. We can tell you how to abuse Newcastle United supporters for their "delusional" response to promotion and lambast Sunderland fans for their daft "expectations." For good measure, we’ll guide you on how best to make gratuitous references to Teesside’s landscape.

This week, as you may have gathered, it’s a chip-on-the-shoulder special.

Well worth a read, especially points 1. and 2.

So beaten by the swamp dwellers.

We had the ball all night but done fuck all with it. A completely useless midfield.

They'll celebrate like they won the league I suppose, first time they've beaten us in the league for 11 years. I think it's only the second time a Spurs team has beaten Arsene Wenger in the league.

Get in you dirty gooners!!! What a match, what a result. Yet ANOTHER year without a trophy for Arsenal... And with Fabregas gone in the summer things will only get worse. And if the Yids can get Champions League football then things could be very interesting next year!!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!