Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0 - 0 away at Coventry. Can't moan too much i suppose.

The ref has apparently denied us a clear penalty according to the radio, i'll have to see later, but no complaints about that; these things happen.

What has grated on me though is yet another unconvincing display infront of goal. I'm hoping Robbie will give Cox or Reid a start soon, because they can't score fewer goals than Luke Moore (who must be phenominal in training, the way he's playing in games yet still keeping his spot :shakehead).

I wasn't at the game, so can't say for sure, but he sounded like a non-entity :( Hopefully we get some decent length highlights so that i can judge for myself later on. If things just aren't working out for him then fair do's, but if it's him just not being interested, not putting himself about and causing the oppositions defence problems then that won't do.

Even if you're playing badly, anyone can run about, close people down and try to force errors.

: peace:

So, looks like Fletcher is out for today's game, and Rooney is still a doubt. So, it's uncertain whether or not he'll play.

Gah, now the nerves have shot in. I'm predicting Scholes and Anderson will start in midfield, which I would be quite happy with...but you never know if Scholes will get himself sent off. It would not surprise me one bit if he did. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the best man on the pitch today or gave his best performance in years. He's an enigma.

I'm going to predict a 2-0 United win. Berbatov and Vidic from a set piece. Please God make this happen.

Our central midfield is questionable, I don't know who is going to play. Ando played the full 90 midweek didn't he? I can't see him starting again. I still think on their day a half fit Gerrard/Masc combo would walk all over any CM partnership we could get.

Our central midfield is questionable, I don't know who is going to play. Ando played the full 90 midweek didn't he? I can't see him starting again. I still think on their day a half fit Gerrard/Masc combo would walk all over any CM partnership we could get.

We'll have to wait and see. Football is still only a game of men versus men. On their day, anybody can beat anybody. Villa beat Chelsea t'other week, and Burnley beat us earlier in the season. I rate Scholes, Carrick, Anderon and Fletcher highly, and I think when these guys hit top gear they can cause trouble to anyone. I think Anderson is having a good season so far and I think the only way for him to keep improving is to keep starting him. He didn't have a great season last year because he missed too many games. If he can keep performing and do it consistently, I think he'll become an important figure for us throughout the season and in the bigger games.

I would most definitely start him. Watch now as it'll backfire, haha.

My predicted team is:

Van Der Sar

O'Shea - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Anderson - Scholes - Giggs

Rooney - Berbatov

The question-mark could be whether Valencia plays or if Nani does. They both played well during midweek. However, I would be more tempted to go with Valencia as I think we'll need his work-rate during a game such as this. However, whether or not he or Nani plays, both need to be raising their game for this.

Edit: Teams have been revealed.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Lucas, Mascherano, Benayoun, Kuyt, Aurelio, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Voronin, Babel, Ngog, Spearing, Degen, Skrtel.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney.

Subs: Foster, Neville, Owen, Anderson, Nani, Fabio Da Silva, Jonathan Evans.

I would have much rather seen Carrick and Anderson or Scholes and Anderson. Scholes and Carrick does work, but it doesn't work as well for me as one of these other pairings. Still, we'll wait and see.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Crap game. We just didn't look up for it at all. Our passing game just didn't turn up again in midfield. Surprise Surprise, I don't think the midfield combination of Scholes and Carrick worked.

Vidic getting himself sent off for the third time in a row against Liverpool was the final insult. Either that, or the Ngog goal. It was obvious that one team wanted to win it more than the other today, (and probably needed to more than the other) and I think overall the right team won.

Can someone find out if Vidic is on the Liverpool payroll...?

:heh:

It was written in the script for him to get sent off. I was a bit miffed that Carragher stayed on the field, but alas I think the ref probably got that right.

I'm still pissed off about that midfield. Scholes + Carrick = No Running. They just didn't look like they were on the same wavelength half the time. I know I keep going on about it, but Anderson + one of either Carrick or Scholes (or Fletcher, had he been fit) should be our starting midfield. I thought Valencia looked good for most of the game, and I just wish more of the team looked at what he was doing. At the moment, we are looking shockingly vunerable to pace. Rio getting caught out for the first goal, the pace and flight of the ball leading to the Vidic sending off, the speed of counter attack for Liverpool's second, the lack of pace from Scholes and Carrick in the middle. It all contributed to our demise today. The reason I think Fletcher is becoming so important is because he is one of our midfielders who looks like he has a bit of pace.

Also, one more niggle: Does anybody know the last time that Wayne Rooney scored a free kick? He shouldn't be anywhere near the ball when it's placed for a free-kick. Hits the wall, everytime. We had numerous free-kicks in excellent positions, yet we wasted them all.

Disappointed. Not much else to say really. I agree with you Flinkington about the midfield and as soon as Vidic got his first yellow I thought you know what he is not gonna last this match.

At least the Hammers had a good comeback against the Arsenal which made the day slightly better.

I said I had faith.. and I was really proud of the team today :smile: Hopefully our season is back on track :hehe:

Having said that, I felt Man United at Anfield was the perfect game for us at this stage, considering our recent form and run of results.. I just think that Arsenal in the Carling Cup is practically the worst game we could have had straight after :hmm:

Arsenal's second string seem significantly more talented than what we have in reserve at the minute, unfortunately, so I fear that we may end up on the receiving end of a beating on Wednesday night that could knock our confidence back.. but I always have faith in Liverpool, no matter who we play or what team we put out :smile:

Edited by nekunando

Jesus, where were all you Chelsea supporters last week? :(:indeed::nono:

Typical post 2004 chelsea fans.

We were shit second half, the penalty looked a bit cheap in my opinion, but I had been the pub since 12:30 and I couldn't really see the screen too well.

Typical post 2004 chelsea fans.

We were shit second half, the penalty looked a bit cheap in my opinion, but I had been the pub since 12:30 and I couldn't really see the screen too well.

Yeah it did but I think Parker perhaps should have had one so maybe the ref thought he better give one.... Yet to see replays though.

Yeah it did but I think Parker perhaps should have had one so maybe the ref thought he better give one.... Yet to see replays though.

Can't really argue with that myself. Draw isn't the end of the world provided we win our game in hand, put us above Tottenham, which is welcome news ahead of the NLD on Saturday.

I just think that Arsenal in the Carling Cup is practically the worst game we could have had straight after :hmm:

Got to admit I love the carling cup, the club whack ticket prices down to a tenner, and it's like watching a whole different Arsenal yet they play just like the first team. Wednesday night should be a decent game.

I said I had faith.. and I was really proud of the team today :smile: Hopefully our season is back on track :hehe:

Having said that, I felt Man United at Anfield was the perfect game for us at this stage, considering our recent form and run of results.. I just think that Arsenal in the Carling Cup is practically the worst game we could have had straight after :hmm:

Arsenal's second string seem significantly more talented than what we have in reserve at the minute, unfortunately, so I fear that we may end up on the receiving end of a beating on Wednesday night that could knock our confidence back.. but I always have faith in Liverpool, no matter who we play or what team we put out :smile:

Well played. To be honest, you're right, I think this was the right game for you. When it comes to games like this, it is almost like a cup final, and the players seem to psyche themselves up and play out of their skin. Lucas was one of those players yesterday who rose to it, and I seriously doubt he's actually put in a performance like that before. It's just a shame that United didn't psyche themselves up in the same way.

It may actually be a blessing that we lost, and that our performance was not up to scratch. We did the same thing against Arsenal at the Emirates last year. After that, we looked like a much better team throughout the season. So, it was a wake up call, I think. I think it really is time now that Fergie figured out once and for all what our first choice midfield actually is. I think too much time has been spent waiting on Hargreaves to come back, and because of that, we've had to keep adapting and rotating each midfield per game. Our back four is sorted, and it looks like John O'shea has claimed that right back spot as his own. Up-front, the Berbatov and Rooney combination looks like that is the way to go. But, the midfield is anyone's guess. :hmm:

Will Ferguson ever learn to keep his stupid mouth shut? It's always the referees fault, never his own players.

That's not exactly what he's saying...

He has already said that Liverpool were the better team and deserved to win the game, he just questioned some of the decisions. He hasn't once said United lost because of those decisions...

That's not exactly what he's saying...

He has already said that Liverpool were the better team and deserved to win the game, he just questioned some of the decisions. He hasn't once said United lost because of those decisions...

Of course he has, why would he constantly criticize referees when they loose and never when they win, if he didn't believe it was them costing him games. Obviously he's not going to praise his players after a performance like that but why can't he just leave it at that instead of constantly slagging off the referees.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!