NEurope

Actually shocked about Pato and Totti, I suppose a little shocked about Ronaldinho who had found some decent form for AC this year.

Apparently Maradona has left out Cambiasso and Zanetti. Admittedly Zanetti is getting on but he's still a class act.

Also can't believe Diaby got selected ahead of Nasri for the french squad. Evidently Domenech fancies having some with fancy footwork, little end product and the ability to lose the ball in midfield opposed to a man who litterally has glue on his boots.

On second thoughts Diaby isn't that bad, but you can tell when he'll have a good game by how stuck in he gets at the beginning. Which typically means he bottles big games, unlike Nasri who's well up for the scrap.

Edited by Ramar

Come on Fulham! Great goal to make it 1-1. Before the match I predicted 3-3, then Fulham to win on pens. Liverpool 05 style ;)

Fantastic finish from Davies.

I would've liked to see Atheltico's goal a few more times, only 2 replays is pretty poor. I thought it was borderline offside but they only showed it once from that angle so it was hard to tell.

Edit: "It's taken us half an hour to work out". Well it didn't take me half an hour to work it out! I saw it as soon as it happened.

Edited by Charlie

Come on Fulham.

Shame some shitty play in midfield lead to Athletico's goal, but a decent finish from Davies for theres.

Pretty gutted to be honest, Fulham deserved to win that just as much as Madrid did. I can't believe how much arse licking Nevin is giving Forlan. His first goal was offside and the second was going nowhere near the goal until it hit Hangeland, typical Forlan goals really. All this shit about it being one too many games for Fulham, how exactly? they lost to one pretty jammy goal with 4 mins to go.

/Bitter.

Pretty gutted to be honest, Fulham deserved to win that just as much as Madrid did. I can't believe how much arse licking Nevin is giving Forlan. His first goal was offside and the second was going nowhere near the goal until it hit Hangeland, typical Forlan goals really. All this shit about it being one too many games for Fulham, how exactly? they lost to one pretty jammy goal with 4 mins to go.

/Bitter.

And to top of the shit night, cardiff made the play off final. :nono:

/Bitter.

Pat Nevin's an awful pundit. I honestly don't know how they couldn't see that Forlan's second was clearly heading a mile wide until it hit Hangeland. You could see from Hangeland's facial expression that he knew that he turned it in (although obviously nothing he could have done about it really).

Channel 5 is awful for football coverage.

Glad to see Joe Cole on the list. Despite having a below-par season he's still a great player and can put in some killer performances.

Cup Final Day!

Predictions? I've got a fiver on Chelsea / Dundee Utd double at evens which is pretty good. Also got a fiver on David Goodwillie to score anytime at 7/5.

Pompey and Ross County hopefully :heh:

How is this still 0-0?

Edited by MadDog

Can't believe Chelsea haven't got a goal... woodwork 5 times so far! Haha

No Drogba.

I could just tell the penalty taker for Portsmouth was going to fuck up, he didn't know what he was going to do before he kicked the ball, and subsequently fluffed it at 4 miles and hour.

Desperate.

Great finish from Goodwillie for his goal. A Scotland call-up is definitely on the cards for him; fantastic, young player who Levein holds in high regard. This season he's really come into his own and he seems to have sorted out his attitude and no longer goes out to get steaming at the Fubar in Stirling week-in week-out. Apparently Rangers are looking at him too.

That game had some great moments. That first half was hilarious. I was in stitches for most of it. The Man of the Match should have been the woodwork.

Drogba is outstanding. He's got an attitude, one of the few things on Earth that can be seen from outer space. But, he's bluddy good. More importantly, he can score in the big occassions.

I remember watching that game thinking that the one thing Portsmouth needed that Chelsea had was a Didier Drogba. Pompey had a few good chances, and had Drogba been playing for the other side, they might have won. But of course, he's a rare thing.

I was sad to see Pompey lose, but they should feel so proud. On another day, they would have won this game. I willed them on and went crazy went they had the penalty. But, it wasn't meant to be.

Also, was gutted the other day when Forlan scored twice against Fulham. The first thing I said was he never fucking ever did that for us! Bar a special game against Liverpool.

I thought it was kind of befitting that Drogba's goal came off the woodwork.

His freekicks are awesome! I don't the whole of the ball crossed the line from the first attempt but it was still a great shot.

Couldn't afford to go to Wembley today. £40 for tickets and double that in transport... no thanks.

Still, looking forward to watching York DOMINATE Oxford! :awesome:

Couldn't afford to go to Wembley today. £40 for tickets and double that in transport... no thanks.

Still, looking forward to watching York DOMINATE Oxford! :awesome:

It is a bit unfair how the York supporters have to travel so much further and pay much more than the Oxford fans. I'm sure that if the final was at Old Trafford or St James' Park then the ratio of supporters wouldn't be so unbalanced! Last thing I heard was that Oxford were taking 35,000 and York were taking 10,000.

Ha, if you dominate us then we'll just score two goals in the last five minutes again ;) May the best team win.

It is a bit unfair how the York supporters have to travel so much further and pay much more than the Oxford fans. I'm sure that if the final was at Old Trafford or St James' Park then the ratio of supporters wouldn't be so unbalanced! Last thing I heard was that Oxford were taking 35,000 and York were taking 10,000.

Ha, if you dominate us then we'll just score two goals in the last five minutes again ;) May the best team win.

Congratulations Zell, the better team on the day won. Good luck next season, I'm sure we'll need it when we return to Luton... :D

if this costs us the world cup i will never buy the paper again and i hope there will be a mass boycott with me, shame on them for running this bunch of tw@ts who only care about sales rather than the greater good

yeh what he said was wrong and very stupid to say in his position. but i blame the reporter and paper as much as him

or maybe the guy should learn to keep his mouth shut and not spout insane comments?

if this costs us the world cup i will never buy the paper again and i hope there will be a mass boycott with me, shame on them for running this bunch of tw@ts who only care about sales rather than the greater good

yeh what he said was wrong and very stupid to say in his position. but i blame the reporter and paper as much as him

Apparently it was a friend who was secretly wired. It's almost like the media in this country purposely want to fuck up our football. Always trying to dig dirt on players, always hyping the national squad and then damning them when they don't live up to their expectations and then shit like this.. The mind boggles.

yh i know but to publish this and risk the world cup, selfish scum dail mail

I would so LOL if somewhere in Asia got the World Cup because of this, then the Daily Mail would be directly at fault for 'English Jobs' going to foreign workers and for once they wouldn't be able to scream.

"DEY TOOOOOK ERR JEEEERBS"

I wouldn't even wipe my arse with this rag.

Obviously he's wrong with what he said but why are the British media so intent on screwing up everything for our country. The 'trapppng' journalism has to stop.