NEurope

It's a pretty old goal, I'd say 70s. I think it was a volley that went top corner from outside of the box and everybody started streaming onto the pitch. Amazing stuff, just can't seem to Google find it.

It's a pretty old goal, I'd say 70s. I think it was a volley that went top corner from outside of the box and everybody started streaming onto the pitch. Amazing stuff, just can't seem to Google find it.

Is it this?

Hereford United vs Newcastle United. FA Cup in 1972. Non-League Hereford beat Newcastle, who were in the top flight at the time. 2-1, with the winner coming in extra time, I think.

Hahaha! Yes that's the one!

Man I would've loved to score that goal. It makes it better that the scorer does a celebration akin to that of an old pub father. Love it, thanks Flink.

Hahaha! Yes that's the one!

Man I would've loved to score that goal. It makes it better that the scorer does a celebration akin to that of an old pub father. Love it, thanks Flink.

It's brilliant. Stuff like that is why I love the FA Cup. :)

That's another interesting topic. What is your favourite goal celebration?

By far and away the best goal celebration I have ever seen. It reminds me of a kid who scores a goal on the playground. The way he clenches his fists, runs towards the sidelines, shaking his head and shouting GOAL! GOAL! Over and over again, with tears in his eyes.

The only celebration I think comes close to that is this:

You can tell a mile away just how passionate they are about the game.

That's an interesting question actually. I'll have to get back to you on that one but:

Pretty good one in recent memory.

I laughed so hard after that one. :D

Goal celebrations are great. I think it's stupid that nowadays you get yellow carded for taking your shirt off or celebrating in the crowd. I remember one incident where Tim Cahill had already been yellow carded, celebrated a winning goal and ended up getting sent off because he had removed his shirt. That was in a previous season. Do people honestly get offended by that or something, if a sportsman or woman removes their shirt?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Chelsea are beep cheaters becuse Chelsea are paying the refs and Drogba is a beep dog wof wof go fetch Drogba and refs you should go to specsavers you blind beep tossers.

Edited by canand

Chelsea are beep cheaters becuse Chelsea are paying the refs and Drogba is a beep dog wof wof go fetch Drogba and refs you should go to specsavers you blind beep tossers.

..... :hmm:

In goal celebrations this has to be up there. Much Love for this.

t8q0b5.jpg

Also here is Gerrard being the nice bloke he is. Yes the fan shouldn't have been there but Gerrard really isn't helping himself sometimes.

To be fair to Gerrard the blokes got hold of his arm and we can't hear whats being said.

Edited by Ramar

True, True. Still the guys around him seem not to be Hull fans so I would assume they are offering him support. Alas you are correct, we can't hear.

Edited by Fresh
Can't spell

So they paid the ref to score 8 goals for them? Lol.

Well done Chelski, they deserve to win it after scoring 103 goals.

To be fair to canand had Chelsea not been gifted 3 points at Old Trafford by the ref & lino the season would have ended differently. But like MadDog says if you've scored 103 goals, I think you deserve it.

Scoring so many goals is great. But, at the same time, you have to remember that they won the league by one single point. The goal difference is superior, no doubt about that. But, it was only one point. In addition to that, Chelsea and United both won 27 games. Chelsea lost 6 and United lost 7. Probably the closest season in a while.

I'm pretty chuffed that we had the best defence in the league (in terms of conceding the least goals), considering that we had 9 of our defenders out. For that reason alone, Evra should be recognised as one of our best players this season, along with Fletcher. They kept the team steady and helped us to continue challenging. The 3-0 loss against Fulham still hurts, and it shows just how fragile we were at that point. Realistically, we could have been out of all competitions by January.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

To be fair to canand had Chelsea not been gifted 3 points at Old Trafford by the ref & lino the season would have ended differently. But like MadDog says if you've scored 103 goals, I think you deserve it.

But then you could say the same about Machedas handball or Owens goal in the 97th minute of injury time etc etc etc.

But then you could say the same about Machedas handball or Owens goal in the 97th minute of injury time etc etc etc.

Indeed, we'll then enter a vicious circle of ifs and buts, until the next season starts.

England's 30-man Provisional World Cup Squad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8673706.stm

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Not sure if they've left any big names out. I'm disappointed to not see Hargreaves going to the Cup, even though he probably isn't fit enough and was never likely to make it.

The list just shows how crap our choice for strikers is. Rooney is the only world class player from those in my opinion. Crouch does do well for England in all fairness, but I just don't like the guy as a footballer.

Disappointed there's no Ashley Young, I'm a big fan of his. Glad Scott Parker is there however, he's the type of player we need.

Crouchie is immense!!

Not a fan of Heskey, I'll be dissapointed if he plays him with Rooney all the time.

The list is pretty much as expected though.

So pleased Ben Foster looks to finally be free of Man Utd! :D

Now he'll finally be able to progress the potential he's shown!

Glad Scott Parker is there however, he's the type of player we need.

I agree.

I'm also glad that Milner is there.

Milners great in CM or on the Right, he can even play left.

Never a bad thing to have versatile players.

So the 7 to be left at home, I'm going with:

Jamie Carragher (why bother to call him up, he's been crap this season..)

Stephen Warnock

Gareth Barry (If I've read right that he's injured)

Joe Cole

Tom Huddlestone

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Darren Bent

So the 7 to be left at home, I'm going with:

Jamie Carragher (why bother to call him up, he's been crap this season..)

Stephen Warnock

Gareth Barry (If I've read right that he's injured)

Joe Cole

Tom Huddlestone

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Darren Bent

I wouldn't bet on SWP being left. Something tells me that Capello rates him. I find him hit or miss.

Pretty chuffed for Parker and Milner to be in that squad. That's awesome. Seeing Huddlestone in there is positive. It shows that if any player works hard enough, then they can be selected for the squad. Although, by that same token, has Carragher really been that great this season? Maybe the latter half. But, if we're going by that, then why isn't Gary Neville in the squad? He's been class for us in the second half of the season. Probably the best form he's been in for years.

A bit surprised that there wasn't a place for Ashley Young.

Also, Benzema hasn't been selected for France! Pato, Ronaldinho and Adriano will also not be going to the World Cup, as Dunga didn't select them.

Also, Benzema hasn't been selected for France! Pato, Ronaldinho and Adriano will also not be going to the World Cup, as Dunga didn't select them.

Totti too.

And Bobby Zamora.

Totti too.

And Bobby Zamora.

Zamora's carrying an injury and isn't certain to play in the Europa Final. I would still have had him in the squad, though. Just in case.