NEurope

Congratulations Zell, the better team on the day won. Good luck next season, I'm sure we'll need it when we return to Luton... :D

Cheers mate. What a fantastic day out and a fantastic game too! The game was on a knife edge for the last twenty minutes, you had so many good chances that deserved a goal. You are a very good side, make the right signings and you will do well again next season. Your time will come.

Wembley is incredible, can't say the same about the pitch though! I've watched the FA cup semis/final on TV and knew that it was bad, but you could actually see how torn up it was the stands. They need to stop hosting motor racing and give the pitch time go grow and take root rather than constantly messing about with it.

Come on Swindon, in the play off Final at Wembley. I might actually go to see them play every now and then if they got into the Championship. What I've seen of them before has been pretty terrible, and pretty darn boring.

Come on Swindon, in the play off Final at Wembley. I might actually go to see them play every now and then if they got into the Championship. What I've seen of them before has been pretty terrible, and pretty darn boring.

I was routing for Swindon last night as Charlton screwed over a 30/1 accumulator I had on a few months ago so really pleased they went through to the Final. :)

Fabregas has told Wenger he wants to leave according to sky sports news. Arsenal will really struggle without him, top 4 finish next year not looking excellent.

Fabregas has told Wenger he wants to leave according to sky sports news. Arsenal will really struggle without him, top 4 finish next year not looking excellent.

Seriously hoping it's a load of bollocks. We shouldn't ever appoint anyone as captain, it makes them too big for their boots and want to leave to sit on the bench of another club. Where's loyalty these days? And I am fed up of Barca thinking they can brainwash the player and the media, then ask clubs after.

If he must go we better get at least what they paid for Ibrahimovic last season.

Seriously hoping it's a load of bollocks. We shouldn't ever appoint anyone as captain, it makes them too big for their boots and want to leave to sit on the bench of another club. Where's loyalty these days? And I am fed up of Barca thinking they can brainwash the player and the media, then ask clubs after.

If he must go we better get at least what they paid for Ibrahimovic last season.

That's hardly the point in this case though. It's been known for a long time that Fabregas would like to move back to Barcelona at some point in his career. And why wouldn't he? They're a huge club where he's going to win major prizes. At Arsenal, in this period of time, it's hardly guaranteed.

Hmm, is Cesc the player that Barcelona really need? I still for the life of me can't figure out why they traded in Eto'o and so much money for Ibra. They could have done with him against Inter. It was also fitting how Eto'o put in a great shift against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It showed them exactly what they were missing.

I like Ibra, but I think Barca will be looking for something else upfront in addition to him. The rumours of Villa going there seem to fit, in my opinion. He should be a success there.

That's hardly the point in this case though. It's been known for a long time that Fabregas would like to move back to Barcelona at some point in his career. And why wouldn't he? They're a huge club where he's going to win major prizes. At Arsenal, in this period of time, it's hardly guaranteed.

Well Cesc has been happy to stay at Arsenal for a long time, saying there's no chance of him leaving any time soon, until these recent (yearly) rumours have come about once again. At Arsenal he is the captain, the focal point of the team, and we have got a high chance of winning trophies, despite our lack of recent winnings. At Barca he might have a slightly higher chance of winning some stuff, but again is not guaranteed, and will he really displace Xavi and Iniesta out of the team? He's still young, why not try and win at Arsenal and go to Barcelona later in his career when they actually need him?

It's Barcelona's presidential elections this year, so this story was bound to come around.

Huddersfield haven't looked particularly dangerous in front of goal so far. Hopefully in the second half they can start to finish the chances.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/e5/5d/0,,10341~8805861,00.jpg

Tickets are now on sale, I just can't decide if I want to go or not. I'm thinking category 3 because they are probably the best value seats. Still, it's going to be an expensive trip and ticket.

Go, chances are you'll have to sit up in the gods anyway so it'll be cheaper.

If he wants to go and we get shit loads of money, then let him go. I want to see Wenger jump through hoops to keep him at the club, especially considering Wenger has built this team around this wonderkid.

What does disappoint me is that apart from wages and bonuses a club contract means nothing to the players these days. Fabregas signed until 2014, if he wasn't willing to commit that far why sign an 8 year deal..

Hmm, is Cesc the player that Barcelona really need? I still for the life of me can't figure out why they traded in Eto'o and so much money for Ibra. They could have done with him against Inter. It was also fitting how Eto'o put in a great shift against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It showed them exactly what they were missing.

I like Ibra, but I think Barca will be looking for something else upfront in addition to him. The rumours of Villa going there seem to fit, in my opinion. He should be a success there.

What will happen to Ibra is Villa does join Barca? Think he might move on? Is there any club where his ego could fit in? Wouldn't surprise me that if Chelsea don't managed to get Torres they will look at Ibra.

and we have got a high chance of winning trophies, despite our lack of recent winnings.

At Barca he might have a slightly higher chance of winning some stuff, but again is not guaranteed

Results in recent years would beg to differ though, in the last 5 years Arsenal have won nothing. In the last 5 years Barcelona have won 9 top competitions.

Go, chances are you'll have to sit up in the gods anyway so it'll be cheaper.

If he wants to go and we get shit loads of money, then let him go. I want to see Wenger jump through hoops to keep him at the club, especially considering Wenger has built this team around this wonderkid.

What does disappoint me is that apart from wages and bonuses a club contract means nothing to the players these days. Fabregas signed until 2014, if he wasn't willing to commit that far why sign an 8 year deal..

Contracts mean nothing now. The purpose of a contract: To stop a player leaving the club on a free. :heh:

When Adebayor went, I knew Arsenal would find a way forward. Same with when Kolo left. They weren't the "spine" of the team. They were important players, but they didn't hold the team together. Arsenal have done well without Kolo, as Vermaelen has come in and asserted himself well.

With Cesc, I think it could impact on how creative Arsenal will be, especially in midfield. I suppose you would say that the team is built around him, and that he would now be called part of the spine. Although, players can be replaced. So, who is going to be in that midfield if he leaves?

What will happen to Ibra is Villa does join Barca? Think he might move on? Is there any club where his ego could fit in? Wouldn't surprise me that if Chelsea don't managed to get Torres they will look at Ibra.

It's funny, I came home from work and saw the news about Villa going to Barca. Good timing on my part, haha. I doubt he'll move on. Barca won't have spent all that money and then just let the guy leave. He'll be benched, I bet. Villa will be the main man, and Ibra will be told he has to fight for his place.

Results in recent years would beg to differ though, in the last 5 years Arsenal have won nothing. In the last 5 years Barcelona have won 9 top competitions.

I think part of the reason players want to go to Barcelona is because of the Spanish lifestyle. That's one factor. Also, you're right, Barcelona have achieved a lot, but then that also means that the standard is higher there now. If you win, you are expected to keep winning. So, you have to be somewhat of a strong character to want to go there, knowing that you'll have to work hard if you want to succeed there. That's part of the reason why Valencia has impressed me this season at United, as he has that strong work ethic and he has that winning mentality. Cesc definitely has that, as well. So, it's understandable that he'll want to go to Barcelona. It's the ultimate test for yourself.

Avram Grant leaves portsmouth...can't blame him what a guy though, genuinely upset about it.

Avram Grant leaves portsmouth...can't blame him what a troll though, genuinely upset about it.

To be fair is is one of the more friendly ones of the species.

Reminds of the Vogan species from the film version of The Hitch-hikers Guide actually:

021105-vogan.jpg

avram-grant.jpg

To be fair is is one of the more friendly ones of the species.

Reminds of the Vogan species from the film version of The Hitch-hikers Guide actually:

021105-vogan.jpg

avram-grant.jpg

Who cares what he looks like still a legend...

BaronVonAvram.jpg

TheAbramovichFamily-7852.jpg

I like the Baron, nice bloke and a decent manager.

gun__1274459445_chamakh1.jpg

Finally Wenger gets his man, hopefully its the beginning of a few new players coming in. Keeper or Centre back next please Arsene.

Edited by Ramar

Watched the whole 90 minutes, was quite an encounter, better team won on the day. Blackpool are back in the top flight.

Read on another forum about a guy who put £250 on blackpool to get promotion at the start of the season, and just won £26,500 for it.

Read on another forum about a guy who put £250 on blackpool to get promotion at the start of the season, and just won £26,500 for it.

Lucky bugger. That's brilliant.

I thought it was a great game. Very enjoyable. Although, I was hoping it would have gone into extra-time, just to make it that bit more exciting. :heh:

Thought the Champions League Final was a good one. Well done to Inter, although Bayern gave a good account of themselves. Can't believe Cambiasso and Zanetti are not in the Argentina Squad for the World Cup.

A friend of a friend of mine (student) put all of his £700 on Inter Winning in the final. I'm glad he won, imagine how gutted he would've been. I think he profited around a thousand quid, which is quite a lot considering the odds. It was probably less than that, but fair play to him anyway.

Absolutely livid about this astoundingly wrong-on-so-many-levels snippet in the Guardian today, talking about how England needs a breakthrough Asian star (Michael Chopra, who played in the Premiership for Newcastle doesn't count, I guess)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/may/25/football-star-british-asian-chelsea

The initiative is the first of its kind to be undertaken by a professional football club. Simon Taylor, Chelsea's head of corporate social responsibility, says: "I'm sick and tired of hearing that Asians can't play football"

When Andy Cole made his debut at Newcastle's St James's Park, Taylor, then a student in the city, recalls: "There were protests outside the ground. But Andy scored a hat-trick that day and we heard no more from the protesters."

Right, firstly, Andy Cole made his debut away, against Swindon. Secondly at his first game at St James Park he scored one goal against Notts County, not a hat-trick. Thirdly, there were no protests whatsoever at the signing of a black player. He was well liked immediately and the only protests came when he was sold. We already had a black player on the team when he was signed, Fraz Carr, who was also well liked and had a large repetore of songs. How can one guy get so much wrong in such a short period of time?

Maybe if Mr Taylor wants anecdotes about the difficulties black players had getting into the game he can look at his own club, rather than making up nonsense about ours...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1189328/REVEALED-The-shocking-revelations-Chelseas-black-player-Paul-Canoville.html

I haven't been around here for a little while, so excuse what could be considered spam.

But....

Even though the money men ruined the sport for me a few years ago and I stopped going, I have and will always have a soft spot for CPFC (previously a season ticket holer for nearly 10 years). The financial situation at the club has now reached critical and there is every possibility that by 3pm today it will no longer exist.

Even if you don't support Palace, and the fact that petitions rarely work, anything must be done to protect a club with a solid history. Thanks.

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-crystal-palace-football-club.html