NEurope

About fucking time.

My god what a game. Well we're finally going up now. Not sure what's going to happen with Beckford.

I really can't see Beckford staying at Leeds after scoring 31 goals in a season. However, I can't see him doing consistently well in a Premier League side. If he does leave I reckon Leeds will be, unfortunately, going straight back down.

Beckford to Celtic? Yes please! He'd clear up in the SPL, it's about the same standard as League 1 these days.

I really can't see Beckford staying at Leeds after scoring 31 goals in a season. However, I can't see him doing consistently well in a Premier League side. If he does leave I reckon Leeds will be, unfortunately, going straight back down.

Beckford to Celtic? Yes please! He'd clear up in the SPL, it's about the same standard as League 1 these days.

Not really. He isn't that good of a player. He's got talent yes but he's not a team player at all.

There definitely needs to be some improvements but Beckford isn't vital.

You'll want to keep hold of his goals though if you want to stay in the Championship. Unless you have someone to take his place, though. I think he'll stay for another season.

Also, well done to Tottenham for clinching fourth. Surprised Dazzy hasn't been in here.

It's funny how a week ago, Beckford was getting slated. Fans saying he's not good enough, and they want him gone.

Now that he's got them promoted, they love him again.

Also, well done to Tottenham for clinching fourth. Surprised Dazzy hasn't been in here.

Thankfully Dazzy has jetted off somewhere with work for a while. :grin:

(I looked for scores today after five o'clock to see if Chelsea had won the league... forgot that the Premier League games are tomorrow. :nono: Quel noob.)

Thankfully Dazzy has jetted off somewhere with work for a while. :grin:

(I looked for scores today after five o'clock to see if Chelsea had won the league... forgot that the Premier League games are tomorrow. :nono: Quel noob.)

Ahh, that's where he's gone! :heh:

Hehe, you'll have to wait til tomorrow (technically today) I'm afraid. Although, I did watch Soccer Saturday, as I wanted to see if Hartlepool stayed up (after that 3 point deduction...was curious if that would send them down) and if Leeds had been promoted.

I hate the end of season. Yeah, it's nice to see things wrapped up. But, I hate this idea of no football. Thank Fuck for the World Cup.

It's shocking when you see players sprinting off the pitch at the end of the season. It's not right that the players feel they need to flee the pitch, the stewards and police should at least put up some kind of resistance.

Overall, we've probably done better this season than many would have predicted. Before this season, I think many were predicting Liverpool to go on and win it after finishing second last year, or for Chelsea to steamroll other teams and win the title by a landslide.

So, it's good that the team have kept on fighting to the end. :)

A bit disappointed that Hargreaves isn't in the team or on the bench today. Would have been nice for him and the fans to come on.

Cmaaaaaaan, Wigan. Although, I wouldn't want to be in their position today. If Chelsea know they need to win, then this could end up being a heavy scoreline.

Wigan could still get 8 goals back. Not that that would be enough.

Would have been nice for him and the fans to come on.

2339972255_0ec853b53b.jpg

Lawl.

Wigan could still get 8 goals back. Not that that would be enough.

2339972255_0ec853b53b.jpg

Lawl.

Haha, I laughed hard at that picture.

Well done, Chelsea. It's been an exciting season.

*waits for the fans to crawl out of the woodwork* :heh:

Also, I'm pretty sure Patrice Evra has played every single league game for us this season. The guy is a legend.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

What was that FA cup goal that featured on Soccer AM a fair amount (I think it was FA cup anyway).

It was where a fairly unknown man scored a great winning goal and the crowd ran on to celebrate with him. Argh, help pray?

But yeah, that would be one of the best football career moments ever - doing something insane and getting masses of people trying to lift you up, whilst all on camera.

633649384450919187-FUCKYEAH.jpg

Ahahahaha awesome!

EIGHT FUCKING NIL!

That's just unbelievable for such a pivotal game. Over the moon right now as I'm sure you can imagine - COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUES! CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS! :D

Who do you reckon has been the best Chelsea player this season for you, Dyson?

I'm impressed with Ivanovic the more I see him. Malouda, too, but that pretty much goes without saying.

Well done. It was very close in the end. One point, God. Made for an exciting finish. Think it says it all when the top three teams end up winning by 4 or more goals on the last day, and I doubt there would have been many complaints had United or Arsenal finished top either.

Can't wait for next season. I wonder if it'll be as unpredictable as this one.

I hope Pompey thrash you 7-nil in the FA Cup, though...:heh: Would be great for them if they won it.

Plus, I don't think I could stomach Chelsea getting the double. :heh:

Who do you reckon has been the best Chelsea player this season for you, Dyson?

Gotta be either Anelka or Malouda for me, leaning more towards the latter as he's really shone this season. Most disapointing has to be Joe Cole, but I think he's a fantastic player and if he can go a season without being injured I think he could play some blinders. I hope the rumors flying around saying we're selling him aren't true.

Well done. It was very close in the end. One point, God. Made for an exciting finish. Think it says it all when the top three teams end up winning by 4 or more goals on the last day, and I doubt there would have been many complaints had United or Arsenal finished top either.

Can't wait for next season. I wonder if it'll be as unpredictable as this one.

I'm not gonna lie, I was bricking today's games. I had this horrible vision of Wigan pulling something out of the bag and I still wasn't comfortable at 4-0, despite everyone else seeming to take it for granted that it was all over (which of course it was in hindsight). I think hearing about the 6-6 SPL game the other day got to me, anything can happen in football! :D

Yep, the downside to today is that it's all over for another few months! Luckily we have the World Cup to tide us over, that'll be interesting!

I hope Pompey thrash you 7-nil in the FA Cup, though...:heh: Would be great for them if they won it.

Plus, I don't think I could stomach Chelsea getting the double. :heh:

Oh I think I could, most definitely! :heh: Though...I know what you mean about Pompey. I don't want to see them fall through administration issues. Still, appearing should be a big enough cash boost. Would be funny if the Champions got pipped by the team at the bottom of the relegation zone - just not Chelsea ;)

Anelka is a bit under-rated in my opinion. He was top scorer last season and nobody really cared. :heh: His teamplay and buildup play is pretty good, and he seems to cope well playing out in wider areas. What would Drogba say if he was told to play wide left or right? You saw how he reacted today when Lampard took the first penalty.

I made a joke about Wigan earlier which my brother laughed at quite a lot. If you take the football pitch and cut off your own box and then the opposition's box and solely played a passing game in midfield, then Wigan and Arsenal would be World Champions by now. :heh:

I like Wigan. I wouldn't be shocked if they had drawn with Chelsea today. Equally, I am not shocked that they lost 8-nil. They are one of the most inconsistent teams the league has ever had. Only a few weeks back they were 2-0 down to Arsenal and came back to win the game. I want them to do well, but they need to tighten up defensively.

Pains me to say to it but congratulations to Chelsea, deserved in the long run.

Ahahahaha awesome!

EIGHT FUCKING NIL!

That's just unbelievable for such a pivotal game.

This is the same Wigan that let Spurs score 9 and without their first choice keeper, Chelsea fucking it up was so off the cards that a draw had odds of 10/1.

Pains me to say to it but congratulations to Chelsea, deserved in the long run.

This is the same Wigan that let Spurs score 9 and without their first choice keeper, Chelsea fucking it up was so off the cards that a draw had odds of 10/1.

It's also the same Wigan that held us to a draw beat us earlier in the year. I had my reasons for being concerned :heh: But them being on poor form doesn't atke anything away from the result. There's no denying we've been on fire lately.

Edited by Dyson

It's also the same Wigan that held us to a draw earlier in the year. I had my reasons for being concerned :heh:

You mean the same Wigan that beat you 3-1 at the DW Stadium this season..

Uh-huh, that's the one. *facepalm*

I'd like to think we more than made up for that today n_n

Ahh, that was a good game. :)

I think the 1-1 was last season? Didn't Heskey or someone get a winner? Possibly in injury time?

Edit: Just checked. It was in April 2008. So, season before.

Match of the Day handled superbly once more. They know how it's done.

Next season: need a good replacement for Adrian Chiles. That Jake kid doesn't cut it.

Plus if anyone can help me out by telling me what goal I was referring to a few posts ago I'll reward you with thanks.

Hmm, any idea how recent it was, Dwarf? Was it quite a few years back or recently? I can't think for the life of me.