NEurope

They would then face a qualifying match 10 days before the world cup final, hardly worth packing up for the season.

I think the Burnley team would be more worried if it clashed with the Countdown final.

Did anyone else watch the Sheffield Wednesday - Crystal Palace match this afternoon? Absolutely frantic last 10 minutes from Wednesday trying to push for the equaliser, and then winner which would secure them in the Championship and therefore relegate CP.

Did anyone else watch the Sheffield Wednesday - Crystal Palace match this afternoon? Absolutely frantic last 10 minutes from Wednesday trying to push for the equaliser, and then winner which would secure them in the Championship and therefore relegate CP.

It was a crazy game, the quality of football wasn't so great, but it was full of excitement. Especially the end when Palace had the chance cleared off the line.

Just put a few quid on Utd to win the title at 7/1.

You never know - Wigan have held Chelsea in the past and you can never write off Utd.

It was a crazy game, the quality of football wasn't so great, but it was full of excitement. Especially the end when Palace had the chance cleared off the line.

Yeah, I took it upon myself to support Wednesday to add to the excitement so I was shouting at the TV, ooooh'ing and ah'ing. My heart dropped when I saw the ball roll towards the goal and couldn't believe it when it got cleared off the line.

Great entertainment.

I missed the Palace game, as I overslept. Slept for much longer than I thought I was going to.

The United game was good. Can't believe how much Nani has improved. He needed to get dropped and it's done him good. If you don't perform, you get dropped, so you have to make your chances count. He has, so well done to him for that. Great goal today. Also, Paul Scholes was brilliant. He's had a revival in this second half of the season. Some of his moments today were sublime, and probably is our most in-form central midfielder at the moment.

On the other hand, Berbatov really struggled today. A few good moments, but some of his misses were unspeakable. I feel for him as I want him to do well, but I think he just needs this season to be over so he can have some time off to regain his thoughts, train hard and then come back fresh for the next season...if he is still here. I want him to be here next year.

Another note: Fucking fantastic to see Owen Hargreaves come on at the end. Hope he gets to play some part of the last game. Can't wait to see him back next season. :)

Also managed to watch the Liverpool/Chelsea game: How poor was Steven Gerrard, again? As a player, he underperformed today. But, as a captain, he never turned up and inspired his team. You could see the players were lost after the first goal, and he did nothing to help them. He's another player who I think can't wait for this season to end.

Gerrard doing the time warp today.

I miss Highubry. :sad:

Haha, my first thought when Gerrard fucked up the backpass was "hello, and welcome to the past."

More specifically, that one against France:

Twas a really flat and uninspiring finish to a really flat and uninspiring season for Liverpool. I watched the second half this afternoon and the only player that seemed to care was Reina. In the outfield only Lucas and Aquilani were capable of even making a pass.

Well I suppose we have to put it behind us, accept that we just aren't good enough and get it sorted over the summer.

Everybodys favourite fake dutchman won the dutch league yesterday.

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

Ajax 2nd with a +86 Goal differance :cool:

Everyone forgets that McClaren WAS a good manager. He guided Middlesbrough to their first ever bit of silverware and took them to the UEFA Cup final in an almost similar way to Fulham have done.

It was just that he took the England job, perhaps made a mistake by dropping Beckham, things didn't go to plan and he ended up as the Official Scapegoat of Euro 2008.

Now he's in the Netherlands mooning at us and yelling "I told you I wash a good manager."

I doff my cap to him. Well done, McClaren.

He didn't do badly with Middlesbrough, but I'm not letting him off the hook with England because he's done well with Twente. He was shit for England, he let the egos rule the roost, picked names ahead of form etc. The whole thing wasn't for him, the fact there's not much spot light on the Eredivisie has probably done him a world of good.

Edited by Ramar

He didn't do badly with Middlesbrough, but I'm not letting him off the hook with England because he's done well with Twente. He was shit for England, he let the egos rule the roost, picked names ahead of form etc. The whole thing wasn't for him, the fact there's not much spot light on the Eredivisie has probably done him a world of good.

I concur with your statements on what he did with England but i think people are being a bit shortsighted with what he's done in Holland. It's like Hibs winning the SPL, it just doesn't happen.

Luton fans were rioting at the end of the Game with York, pretty bad scenes there.

Yeah, I saw that. Total disgrace, those 'fans' shouldn't be allowed back into a football stadium for the rest if their lives.

E I E I E I O!

Up the football league we go!

If we win promotion, this is what we'll sing:

We are Oxford! We are Oxford! Wilder is our king!

*ahem*

I'm going to Wembley! I can't wait, I haven't been to Wembley before. I went to the Emirates a couple of years ago and the atmosphere was immense, but this should be much better. I'm nervous though, York City have done very well to topple Luton and they are an excellent team worthy of league football.

I've seen pictures of the Luton game on Sky and I can't say I'm too surprised. Every club in the country has a minority of idiot fans but Luton have a sizable minority and have caused trouble in many away matches this season. This incident and yesterday's incident at Hillsborough just reminds you that hooliganism isn't dead and I guess the FA will be very worried, especially with the World Cup mere weeks away.

So many injuries, yet we had some great talent on the field, I'm not fond of ending the season with a whimper, but our defense is fragile with most first team defenders out injured, there is no real back up and Silvestre is pretty much near his careers end, also our midfield isn't gelling together and the players in it seem out of form. Team like Blackburn would always be hard to beat with their big, powerful players, I mean no shame in losing to a team Man U and Chelsea couldn't win against at home. I just want to secure 3rd spot.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So many injuries, yet we had some great talent on the field, I'm not fond of ending the season with a whimper, but our defense is fragile with most first team defenders out injured, there is no real back up and Silvestre is pretty much near his careers end, also our midfield isn't gelling together and the players in it seem out of form. Team like Blackburn would always be hard to beat with their big, powerful players, I mean no shame in losing to a team Man U and Chelsea couldn't win against at home. I just want to secure 3rd spot.

We had one real talent on the field, Van Persie. Admittedly I only watched the first half and radio the second (stupid streams) but we were crap.

Vela missed an absolute sitter, after some good work from Walcott (he wasn't bad first half). I don't remember Diaby doing anything all game, Nasri was also quiet. Traore made his customary mistakes, Silvestre - need not say any more. And Fabianski needs to command his box more, that second goal is embarassing.

Hopefully Wenger saw what a lot of fans did yesterday, some of our squad players just aren't good enough.

E I E I E I O!

Up the football league we go!

If we win promotion, this is what we'll sing:

We are Oxford! We are Oxford! Wilder is our king!

*ahem*

I'm going to Wembley! I can't wait, I haven't been to Wembley before. I went to the Emirates a couple of years ago and the atmosphere was immense, but this should be much better. I'm nervous though, York City have done very well to topple Luton and they are an excellent team worthy of league football.

I've seen pictures of the Luton game on Sky and I can't say I'm too surprised. Every club in the country has a minority of idiot fans but Luton have a sizable minority and have caused trouble in many away matches this season. This incident and yesterday's incident at Hillsborough just reminds you that hooliganism isn't dead and I guess the FA will be very worried, especially with the World Cup mere weeks away.

Boooooooo!!! Oxford are rubbish, we beat Luton and we will beat you, hahaha! I'm also going to Wembley, at the other end of course. I'm sure whoever wins it will be a great day.

A few of my friends were at the game yesterday, one of them got hit by a coin and has a bit of a gash on his head. I think it's disgraceful that Luton fans behaved in this way, they should be fined, docked points or kicked out the league. Nothing justifies forcing the opposing team to hide amongst their own fans and run out with jackets over their heads when they should be celebrating. Apparently there were some EDL chants going around as well which just make things worse. Glad I didn't go now, I don't want to see scenes like that at a football game.

A few of my friends were at the game yesterday, one of them got hit by a coin and has a bit of a gash on his head. I think it's disgraceful that Luton fans behaved in this way, they should be fined, docked points or kicked out the league. Nothing justifies forcing the opposing team to hide amongst their own fans and run out with jackets over their heads when they should be celebrating. Apparently there were some EDL chants going around as well which just make things worse. Glad I didn't go now, I don't want to see scenes like that at a football game.

It's one of a many reasons I disassociate myself with my home town. A lot of the 'fans' don't give a shit about playing football. No surprises about the EDL chants, sickening the level of support those wankers along with the BNP get in this town.

I don't think the Luton team should be punished by the fans, but I think the club should. A few games behind closed doors at the beginning of the season should put some pressure on them (mentally and financially).

Hope both you lads going to the Play Off Final have a good time and may the best team win. :)

Boooooooo!!! Oxford are rubbish, we beat Luton and we will beat you, hahaha! I'm also going to Wembley, at the other end of course. I'm sure whoever wins it will be a great day.

I'm sure it will be a great day and a fantastic match as well. See you at Wembley!

Spurs secured the chance to play in the Champions league, C'mon Arsenal, a draw is all we need for a guarantee. But what a time to be out of form, Spurs game is easily winnable against worst defence in the league Burnley, a Draw against Fulham feels like it won't be easy.

God Sunday will be tense.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Would shake things up a bit to see Spurs take 3rd. Not sure which is the lesser evil though..

About fucking time.

My god what a game. Well we're finally going up now. Not sure what's going to happen with Beckford.