N-Europe

Perfect Dark XBLA

Gizmo

Just been playing the trial version, did the first level (Well almost) on Perfect Agent. The whole thing is incredibly smooth and runs without a single hitch, unlike the original which was painfully inadequate. Everything looks fairly nice and it's still interesting trying to complete the various objectives. From what I've played it has aged quite well, though I really want to go on the multi player. I believe I will be downloading later tonight :)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've purchased this on-site. It shall be downloading as soon as i get home (and plug in the X-Box as well).

Same here. It's a shame the Xbox can't stay in standby mode and start downloading straight away.

All the music, great nostalgia feeling once again. I'm not doing any missions at the mo, i'm practicing in the firing range. Seeing how good they have made it. So far, it is seamless. No jumps or anything.

We need to get games going, my gamer-tag is below if anyone wants to add me.

Awesome game, really brings back memories :D multiplayer seems to be full of total noobs though :laughing:

Edit: srsly, these kids don't know they're born. can they even see the radar?

*cough* Charlie's time on lvl 1 secret agent: 12 minutes. My time: 1:22 :laughing: *cough*

Edited by Shorty

Awesome game, really brings back memories :D multiplayer seems to be full of total noobs though :laughing:

Edit: srsly, these kids don't know they're born. can they even see the radar?

*cough* Charlie's time on lvl 1 secret agent: 12 minutes. My time: 1:22 :laughing: *cough*

I haven't played it in 10 years! I'd forgotten what to do! I'll do it again and beat you. :heh:

Do you guys play with auto-aim on or off? I'm sure that when I used to play it way back I had it off?

There are a lot of changes under the hood i've noticed. I do kind of know the original inside out so most of you might not notice lol. Some examples;

Remote mines now bounce when thrown

Knives are harder to aim

Sentry gun laptops only have 50 bullets in them regardless of how much ammo you fill it with (Not sure why)

If you keep walking you start to run (random)

You can no longer change what team you and the bots can be on. Which seems a little odd considering there's 8 colours but only the option to have 4 teams. Admittedly I only tried this in online match not local.

Still managed to play this for the whole evening with 2 friends online against 8 bots. Still as fun as it was back then, though we were only playing up until a few years ago.

Edited by ViPeR

Do you guys play with auto-aim on or off? I'm sure that when I used to play it way back I had it off?

On single player I used to leave it on, but I think now with dual analogue it might help to turn it off... It's so slow to get headshots now.

PS the reason I did the first level so fast is because I went for the "marquis of queensbury rules" cheat and "paci-fist" achievement by racing through the whole level just using "disarm" :heh:

You can still land on the first guy's head at the beginning of the first mission, then fall down the outside of the building :)

Such an amazing conversion, solid 60fps & added just enough detail to models/textures to make it look "as you want to remember it".

Does the music on the 2nd stage sound a bit weird? Like the high notes drop an octave or something (listen to the high strings near the beginning of the track).

Great port!!!! They have done a really good job.

Suprised how well i have remembered some of the levels!

I got a little lost on Level 2, couldn't find the security bots to progress further.

I've also noticed that the Invisible cheat (named "Cloaking") is available when you install PD-Zero instead of beating the level). And Invincible is available on "Agent" setting instead. Strange indeed.

Is it me, or is the Secret Agent setting easier than i remember it being before. It is either that, or i've become very good at shooters. I may have to change the setting to "Perfect Agent".

And if anyone fancies an online bash tonight, i'll be online from 9pm tonight. Once i've beaten the noobs.

I noticed there seems to be a lot of "echo" sounds from gunshots. Not sure if they're new, or if my TV's just that much better than the old 15" CRT I used to play it on :heh:

Ive noticed the same thing as well, it isn't all the time though so i think its an 'effect' they have added for when your in large rooms.

And if anyone fancies an online bash tonight, i'll be online from 9pm tonight. Once i've beaten the noobs.

Would love 2 dude but unfortunatly im working lates from tonight over the weekend.

Same here. It's a shame the Xbox can't stay in standby mode and start downloading straight away.

If only that was possible. Would save us all a lot of time at the end of the day.

At least this current way saved me 10 minutes.

Does the music on the 2nd stage sound a bit weird? Like the high notes drop an octave or something (listen to the high strings near the beginning of the track).

I thought this also, didn't think it was worth mentioning because I couldn't explain it lol.