NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

Yeah, such a great detail that the Island has a group of "inhabitants" that are good in one sport and suck in another one :)

Would be cool if Nintendo had a list/profile on their resorts website with all the inhabitants of Wuhu and their ranking within all the sports (including a picture).

ps: I too reflect my tabletennis frustration on Lucia in Showdown, but also in Flyover; If I spot the little brat, I always try to crash my plane right upon her ;)

I just got my first Superstar ranking in Table Tennis. Now I'm trying to get all 5 stamps in one sport, and it's a lot harder than it sounds I think!

I've got all 5 in Island Flyover. Just need to get the '100 returns without smacking the guy in the face' stamp to have 5 in Table Tennis.

Well finally given this some time that it deserves. I only got it a day before I left for me travels and didn't really give it that more playtime.

Still love Basketball and reckon its probably my favourite the 3 point challenge in particular, just love the immediacy and quick fire gameplay. trying to get perfect score, always seem to miss one or two.

Hate canoeing just think its a boring load of guff, not worth the effort tbh...

Found frisbee impossible since I got back and can't get anywhere near my best score oddly...Table Tennis as well can't seem to win a match in that for shit. Finally like the improved golf mechanics...think its quite subtle in the changes its made but think it much improved over Wii Sports. Where as I don't think bowling is all that different.

So, so bizarre. I think Bowling is INFINITELY harder in Resort. The improved physics mean it's much harder to get strikes, and the increased sensitivity means you have to be much more precise when you bowl.

So, so bizarre. I think Bowling is INFINITELY harder in Resort. The improved physics mean it's much harder to get strikes, and the increased sensitivity means you have to be much more precise when you bowl.

I've not found it any more difficult still getting consistently high scores.

Edited by flameboy

BUMP

My 1st EVER Hole In One in Golf

YAY

haha well done!

I've had a hole in one on the 2nd hole of the original Wii Sports... was a great moment!

It's a same the game doesn't allow you to save replays

BUMPAGE.COM!!!!

Ok so tomorrow night mike1988uk and me will be playing a Wii Sports Resort Decathlon. We will play 5 events starting at 4PM (GMT) and then 12 midnight for the second set of 5! The loser will be making a donation to the victors fundraising pot!

You can watch us here:

and also the thread for the whole event is here:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28427

would be great if some people would come and watch us and cheer us on online. Also why not sponsor £1/$1 (or more) on who you think will win!

..and you need to take all 5, flame'.. you can do it :heh:

i didn't :( I lost 9-1 :( I did plain awful in some events...I mean table tennis return challenge a game I have an awesome score for I got just 2!

i didn't :( I lost 9-1 :( I did plain awful in some events...I mean table tennis return challenge a game I have an awesome score for I got just 2!

You know what.. I don't think I'd be very good at Table Tennis Return Challenge any more as my friends and I always hold buttons in so that we can play an 11-point game against each other with the speed significantly increased :hehe:

Going back to the standard pace is criminal..

Having finished Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures I was looking for another game that got me off my butt. Looking at my games I found the Wii Sports Resort was calling out to me. I don't know whether it's because it's along the same lines as Kinect Sports or it may have had something to do with seeing Pilotwings on the 3DS, either way I fired it up.

I had to start my game again as I didn't copy my data over from my white Wii. This give me a fresh start at the sports with zero stamps unlocked. When I played it back during the release period I didn't get many of the stamps. I just focused on the flying game, got all of them and then shelved it. This time i'm aiming to unlock as many of the stamps as possible.

I started playing it on Friday and I had a look at all of the stamps. Most of them look easy enough but the bowling ones looked horrific. I decided to tackle the bowling first as getting a 300 game was gonna be a nightmare.

After a weekend of playing on and off I finally did it!

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

This is why I love the achievement system on the 360. A game like this can be short lived when playing single player, but add these stamps or achievements and the game can come more alive. I would have never tried to do this if the game hadn't awarded me for it and I feel great for doing it.

Now for my next set of stamps....

Though that's a good thing as far as Piltowings Resort is concerned!

True, thats what I've been thinking. :p

(I've played a fair bit of Resort in multi, just never bought it for myself.)

I don't even own Resort...

What is wrong with me. :nono:

You bought a Wii before the Resort bundle, that's all!

Do you have the Wii Motion+? I assume you do as you've played Red Steel 2, unless you borrowed it from nando. If you do have it then I have a spare copy of Resort if you want it? I got it when I bought my black Wii. It's just the cardboard sleeve version but it's never been opened. If you want it then I will pop it in the post for you, free of charge.

My copy of Wii Sports Resort hadn't even been used yet. Although I probably should play it at some point.

If you want it then I will pop it in the post for you, free of charge.

Well.. he could do with the practice :indeed:

This is why I love the achievement system on the 360. A game like this can be short lived when playing single player, but add these stamps or achievements and the game can come more alive. I would have never tried to do this if the game hadn't awarded me for it and I feel great for doing it.

Now for my next set of stamps....

If you say so.

Personally, I'd like the rewards to be more substantial and NINTENDO related.

One could purchase new backgrounds, background music, mii add-ons, and what not by getting all those stamps in a NINTENDO game:smile:

Heck, why not throw in references to other games in there; such as unlocking access to that (Hyrule) Castle in Resorts.

Damn, extra content could be so sweet in a NINTENDO related fashion to *pardon my language* pimp up yo Wii:bowdown:

They have such a vast library of all sorts of awesome!!!!!