NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

Alrighty then, after my first session, which lasted about 4 hours or so, I can say that the swordplay is definitely my favourite. Golf also made MAJOR improvements and is now much more fun to play, I think.

As for the cycling, ......I actually like it very much. Sure, the way you play it isn't exactly 'innovative', but it makes you tired:laughing:

I'm not sure about the watersports, will need to play them a bit more.

Loving the style, loving the stamps, loving the 'recommended' air sports and finding all them hot spots.

In other words: I'm glad I bought this game.

I think golf is really boring and cycling doesn't get me tired at all. Cycling is not as bad as I first thought, it's alright now. I like looking at the scenery. Swordplay and archery are my favourites followed closely by island flyover. Got about 73 points now.

I MUCH prefer the original golf courses to the new links courses... which are all pretty similar and uninspired.

Golf is absolutely appalling compared to Tiger Woods, I can't even play it....

The only games I play on my own are Table Tennis, Sword Fighting (all modes), Archery and Dog Frisbee

Golf is fine in this. Comparing the Tiger Woods is a bit unfair given just how much is crammed onto that disc in terms of content (got 10 on friday and it's amazing how much there is). This does feel slightly better though as I just find Tiger Woods too easy. I was getting eagles on nearly every hole.

Well then change the settings on tiger woods to pro and then you won't find it too easy :)

Tiger Woods, I think it's amazing on the Wii (you do have the wii version yeah?)

But back to resort. Showdown mode makes me cry out for a proper game, it's so good to control!! Come on developers, hurry up with the games will you!!!

Same here! The best I've done is lose 6-2, I just can't stop her getting an amazing angle or a run of smashes that inevitibly ends in me losing.
I managed to lose from a 5-3 lead, couldn't believe my eyes! :eek:

She is such a tricky *****! :mad:

I'm definitely getting closer with every game though, 'tis just a matter of time... :awesome:

Casual game my arse. :laughing:

I'm loving it, Golf and Bowling still great and the little differences in control are good from WiiSports. Finished an 18 hole game of golf on Par which I would have been happy with had I not been 5 under on the 16th hole and threw it away, haha.

Swordplay is awesome, though Duel is annoying when a 7 year old beats you with no attempt at skill just "flailing" about :mad::heh:

Wakeboarding I actually like, took awhile to get used to but racking up the scores now.

Archery is awesome, love how the controls work, would be awesome for Zelda for sure. Trying to get the secret targets only hot 2 so far, on the 2nd and 4th stages of beginner. Bloody hard things to hit everything else :heh:

Love basketball, me and the wife play 3-points a lot trying to get out do each other... 22 is my highest which I just can't get past... her highest is 23 *cough* and my cousin has the overall highscore at 25 :cry:

Frisbe is also additive and the wife somehow has the highest score on that too :heh:

Table Tennis rocks, but would have loved a full proper tennis game to return, flew over a tennis court by the hotel in Flyover and the info said "tennis balls stolen so can't play" or something like that... yeah more like lazy developers :heh:

Cycling is alright but not really keen on Cannoeing or Power Cruising... though I think not wanting to play power cruising comes more from my anger at no sign of a new Wave Race game :mad:

If only they added online multiplayer with WiiSpeak that would have made things perfect, gggrrrrr

@ Mokong X-C

I played some sword duels with some friends today and one of them had no patience to wield it like a proper blade, so he went on the flailing-it-about tour.

Still, I was able to best him. When you can defend properly, he has no change.

Man do I hate the Table Tennis champion!!

And after each time I loose to her I seem to go on somewhat of a loosing streak... which gets me more and more seriously pissed off!!

Thankfully I only loose by a couple of points so my score stays high, then I tend do outclass a couple of opponents to quickly get back to her... and then loose and repeat!!

Cycling is alright but not really keen on Cannoeing or Power Cruising... though I think not wanting to play power cruising comes more from my anger at no sign of a new Wave Race game :mad:
Stick with Power Cruising Mokong, especially if you're a Wave Race fan.

Seriously, it's awesome once you spend some time with it. The trick is to not go all Reggie with the speed boost, :heh: but use it tactically just before hitting certain waves/turns. Some of the jumps on the later courses are insane! :bouncy:

Man do I hate the Table Tennis champion!!

And after each time I loose to her I seem to go on somewhat of a loosing streak... which gets me more and more seriously pissed off!!

Thankfully I only loose by a couple of points so my score stays high, then I tend do outclass a couple of opponents to quickly get back to her... and then loose and repeat!!

I was doing that, but now I'm just restarting when I lose so I can challenge her again right away. :awesome: Edited by RedShell

I was doing that, but now I'm just restarting when I lose so I can challenge her again right away. :awesome:
dammit... genious!!

The trick is to not go all Reggie with the speed boost, :heh:

Yeah, you really like that throttle don't cha Reggie!?!?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was about to show you the youtube video, but after watching it again.....Brrrrr.....*block bad thoughts*

I was doing that, but now I'm just restarting when I lose so I can challenge her again right away. :awesome:

I'm doing the same thing, I threw a 4-2 lead away against her yesterday.

Canoeing is one my favourites, I thought I'd hate it, but once you get onto the expert level, its a real challenge.

I'm starting to get the hang of frisbee, got a score of 850 yesterday.

finally beat the ttennis champ in a nail biting 9-7 result. whadda game!

Canoeing is one my favourites, I thought I'd hate it, but once you get onto the expert level, its a real challenge.
Yeah I really like canoeing too, the controls feel great on that event with all of the subtle changes you can make. wakeboarding remains my least favourite sport in the game, but I think I just need to spend some more time with it and progress to the higher difficulty, haven't played it very much at all. :blank:

finally beat the ttennis champ in a nail biting 9-7 result. whadda game!
Way to go tapey! :bowdown:

Right that's it, I'm going on a mission tonight. She.. Will.. Lose! :mad::laughing:

What do you need to do to face the Champ in table tennis?

I got all the stamps except the one for "beating the champ" plus all this talk yer having of her being hard I really wanna face here.

My skill level is up to 1300, do I need to get to 1500 or more?

Yeah once you get over 1500. (Might be able to do it with slightly less as her skill level is 1500.)

I'm at the point in Swordplay Duel where they always defend from each of my hits...its infuriating

Haha yeah I'm trying to fight the Swordplay Duel AI past 1100 at the moment but not doing spectacularly. I can get a couple of stellar rounds in but my skill seems to hover at around 1100.

I think Basketball is naff and not too keen on Table Tennis, archery is good fun I also enjoy flying around the island, just wish it was a button to press instead of moving wiimote forward for the plane to boost. :heh: