NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

I didn't realise I was playing the Table Tennis Champ until I came in here and saw her stupid face :eek:

I haven't had an awful lot of time with Wii Sports Resort yet (I have been burning through all of my Metroid games..) but I have attempted her a few times and I only got a point against her in 4 games.. hardly good form :heh:

Everyone up to now has been dispatched with ease so to have suddenly hit such a brick wall was quite a surprise! I might put it on now and have a go :hehe:

Just got a gold medal next to my name in Table Tennis for reaching 2000+.

Though something feels wrong with it tonight, controls don't feel quite as tight and there's a few wierd shots coming off that aren't what I'm doing (or at least what I think I'm doing).

Was a few tough competitors innitially (after having beat the champ), had to restart a few times, but got on a good run of wins after a while to bring me up to 2000+. Couple more wins but then got some losses so called it a night.

Wonder if you replay 'the champion' or you get a new champion... and when?... 2500?...3000?!!

Though something feels wrong with it tonight, controls don't feel quite as tight and there's a few wierd shots coming off that aren't what I'm doing (or at least what I think I'm doing).

Did you try re-calibrating the wiimote? Either that or possibly the way you were holding it.

So Wii Sports Resort online is selling for practically 2 quid more than online from the high street from my research. Would it be better to pay the extra couple of quid and have it ready to play now or is it worth saving a few quid and waiting a few days?

Did you try re-calibrating the wiimote? Either that or possibly the way you were holding it.
Yeah I set the Wiimote down a few times; it's wierd, I wasn't holding it any differently to all the time previously, but something felt different.

Out of interest how do people hold it during table tennis? A Button facing up, or with the Wiimote on it's side?

When I first started table tennis I held the Wiimote on its side, but that changed after a while and I now play with the A button facing up.

So Wii Sports Resort online is selling for practically 2 quid more than online from the high street from my research. Would it be better to pay the extra couple of quid and have it ready to play now or is it worth saving a few quid and waiting a few days?

Go to the general bargains thread. You can get it for £33 online.

If your controller is low on battery it feels a bit off.
Menu says I've got 2 bars left, but I'm gonna try charging the batteries because just been playing TT again and somethings up. It's like the racket sometimes gets stuck in a certain position, meaning I can't stop the shot going in that direction even if it's not the way I'm swinging.

Menu says I've got 2 bars left, but I'm gonna try charging the batteries because just been playing TT again and somethings up. It's like the racket sometimes gets stuck in a certain position, meaning I can't stop the shot going in that direction even if it's not the way I'm swinging.

I've had the same problem recently. I found the other day that every game I was losing at least one point because of the controls getting 'stuck' in one place. I recalibrated a couple of times when it got bad but it was really frustrating. I was also losing a point every game for net shots - either I clipped the net and missed the table, or the champion clipped the net and I swung through instinct to hit it, losing the point because the ball hadn't bounced. Annoying.

Tried and it didn't work.

Well then the cheapest in store is probably Toys R Us. Tesco are also quite cheap.

I was also losing a point every game for net shots - either I clipped the net and missed the table, or the champion clipped the net and I swung through instinct to hit it, losing the point because the ball hadn't bounced. Annoying.
Yeah I've been getting an increasing amount of both those aswell!

And I'm still not sure how the computer manages to get some of it's angles?...

Also I hate it how you Mii doesn't sometimes have any pace on them to get back to the table if you're forced out wide... yet the computer seems able to.

Edited by Retro_Link

gggrr.. Table Tennis champ is still doing my head in, she's a nightmare... best I managed so far was a 6 - 3 lose :heh:

Whats really anoying is that my Mii just never seems to get back into position after returning from off the side yet she has no problem.... is it not possible to control your mii's feet aswell?

on other sports, finally beat my cousins high score on basketball 3-point contest, he had 25, got 27 today, also unlocked the Special bonus courses in golf 3 holes.

^ Yeh I just mentioned my frustration at that above you.

I've found that tilting the bat does seem to have somewhat of an effect at getting up back to the table and keeping you with a chanceof a return, but the computer players do seem to have an unfair advantage.

not impressed with this in the slightest although my experience was very brief.......

I got no problem with non-game games but mario and sonic at the olympics was much better than this...

i;m just being honest guys don't kill me :)

I think you'll have to put some extra hours in the game before you say something like that.

What is it about M&S that's much better than this?

because I can't find a single point in it that is.

Maybe you like Sonic more as a character than your own Mii ? ;)

This is so...

Immense! =D

Man I love it so much, the only reason ive stopped playing is because I must have brought it on the hottest friggin' day of the year :p

I love the kendo brawler and flying around the island!

I shall play more later but for now im gonna enjoy the sun and go in the garden on my DS.

gggrr.. Table Tennis champ is still doing my head in, she's a nightmare... best I managed so far was a 6 - 3 lose :heh:

Whats really anoying is that my Mii just never seems to get back into position after returning from off the side yet she has no problem.... is it not possible to control your mii's feet aswell?

on other sports, finally beat my cousins high score on basketball 3-point contest, he had 25, got 27 today, also unlocked the Special bonus courses in golf 3 holes.

If you end up far away from the table or to the side then always put spin on your returns to get back into the middle of the table. It slows the return down a ton giving you loads of time to get back into position. Then when you have her at the edge of her table then go for smashes.

Simples. :idea:

If you end up far away from the table or to the side then always put spin on your returns to get back into the middle of the table. It slows the return down a ton giving you loads of time to get back into position. Then when you have her at the edge of her table then go for smashes.

Simples. :idea:

But she does returns that bounce so high that your smashes are easy to read and return back, and often she does a return that is unstoppable. I must have sent 5 smash returns at her, all requiring her to dive, one after the other. She got them all and then during one of them, made the return hit the edge of the table, which is nigh impossible to hit. Playing her really grinds my gears.

Got the 80th i point in island flyover this evening - the beginner's archery area. :D

I had a few attempts this afternoon after work at the Table Tennis champion but didn't play for very long as I had other things to do :eek:

The best I could do was lose 7-5 twice :hmm: ..I'm yet to have a match point against her :sad:

I was 3-0 down and turned it round to 4-3 and started to believe I was maybe on the way to doing it.. but then the next point she seemed to go nuts!

I feel I will get it eventually :smile: There was another game I was 3-2 up but could quite easily have been leading 5-0 as both of her points came from clipping the top of the net and me hitting it before it bounced (that nearly always gets me!) ..

EDIT ..ok.. my computer messed up there so I decided to get Table Tennis on for a go while it loaded up again :heh: It took me a couple of goes, but the Table Tennis Champion finally got what she deserved, but it could have been much sweeter..

TableTennisChampion.jpg

It was a very satisfying win, but when I got to 5-0 a couple of things went through my mind.. the white wash or the epic demise! I would have loved to get past her 6-0 but there was still the feeling that I could completely mess it up and lose.. thankfully she only managed the single point :yay: