NEurope
Shorty

Left 4 Dead 2

Is that the PC demo? Might have to pop in an order :) Putting out the 360 demo on Modern Warfare 2 launch day seems like a dumb move...

I'm not sure about PC, but the 360 one is those dates.

Edit: Also, Gold members get it the week before MW2. Nobody without Gold will likely be bothered about the game anything.

Edited by Cube

Did anyone pre-order with GAME? When I did it said that i'd get early access to the demo and an exclusive weapon. All I keep seeing is that only the PC demo is out tomorrow...

HAHA just reading about the 360 demo and then got a e-mail from Game with the demo code and a baseball bat :heh:

Off to download now

HAHA just reading about the 360 demo and then got a e-mail from Game with the demo code and a baseball bat :heh:

Off to download now

Are you having a laugh? Where the hell's mine :(

Are you having a laugh? Where the hell's mine :(

Its not working yet m8. Cant download till 27th :(

Its not working yet m8. Cant download till 27th :(

Hmm, well it's good to know they are sending them. Can never be too sure with GAME. I had to ask 3 times for them to send me my pre-order code that I should have got with ODST.

Yeah you will prob get yours soon

Im gonna try the code at 12:01 see if it downloads :heh:

Yeah you will prob get yours soon

Im gonna try the code at 12:01 see if it downloads :heh:

I haven't received any code. I knew they'd do this, it was the only reason I preordered with them. It's the most expensive price for it too so I might cancel my preorder and go with someone else.

I haven't received any code. I knew they'd do this, it was the only reason I preordered with them. It's the most expensive price for it too so I might cancel my preorder and go with someone else.

Nightmare m8. Iv been playing the demo for a while today and its great, cant wait for the full game

Tried the demo today at the expo in Leeds.

good stuff, mostly just a day version of left 4 dead, more fun weapons, didn't particularly find the 'special' infected very interesting, but then I only played the demo so it wasn't very long.

We'll see, I was more excited about playing god of war 3 at this point.

Tried the demo today at the expo in Leeds.

good stuff, mostly just a day version of left 4 dead, more fun weapons, didn't particularly find the 'special' infected very interesting, but then I only played the demo so it wasn't very long.

We'll see, I was more excited about playing god of war 3 at this point.

Yeah i agree with that.

The ruddy controller i was using kept disconnecting on me! Must of had a dodgy cable inside, it was ok if i tried really hard not to move the controller at all...

Do GAME have the most retarded support staff ever? It's like they're all dyslexic. I sent them an email demanding my demo code. No reply. I sent another email saying i'll cancel my preorder if they don't sent me the code. I get an email back saying 'Thank you, we've can confirm the receipt of your preorder'. DUHHH what?! I don't know what their problem is with me because they did this with ODST.

I'm a bit mixed over the demo to be honest. Not sure what I think about the new weapon system it seems a bit random. Pistols/melee in one slot, all over weapons in the other. The pistol not having infinite ammo this time around. Zombies seem a lot faster too. Will need to play this with my mates to make a proper decision.

The pistol not having infinite ammo this time around.

The pistol does have infinite ammo. I quite like the weapons system, especially the different variations of each type.

I also liked the weapons this time round, but I'm slightly unsure of these new special zombies, maybe it was me, but they seemed easier..

I do like the witch walking around now though, it makes it harder to get around and more challenging (not to mention funny!). I'm not quite sure of things being in the day, I was all for it, now it seems abit weird. Maybe one I play it online and get used to it?

The pistol does have infinite ammo. I quite like the weapons system, especially the different variations of each type.

I did like the variations. When I was picking up pistols they'd run out though? Maybe it was just me.

I also liked the weapons this time round, but I'm slightly unsure of these new special zombies, maybe it was me, but they seemed easier..

I do like the witch walking around now though, it makes it harder to get around and more challenging (not to mention funny!). I'm not quite sure of things being in the day, I was all for it, now it seems abit weird. Maybe one I play it online and get used to it?

You know I was thinking the same thing. I only played it briefly but i'm not sure about the day setting either but I guess it's something you get used to over time. As for the new specials, the charger seemed pretty good. Didn't see much of the jockey or spitter though. The zombie riot guards are a bit of a pain in the ass too.

The jockey sits on your head and you have to wait for somebody to shoot you, abit like the hunter except you can move about. It just looked like you were being teebagged.

I do like the new acid stuff, makes for an annoying product to get across!

Do GAME have the most retarded support staff ever? It's like they're all dyslexic. I sent them an email demanding my demo code. No reply. I sent another email saying i'll cancel my preorder if they don't sent me the code. I get an email back saying 'Thank you, we've can confirm the receipt of your preorder'. DUHHH what?! I don't know what their problem is with me because they did this with ODST.

Yes indeed they do I sent this email to them;

I recently recieved an email thanking me for my preordering and apologising for any delays I may experience during the royal mail strikes and was given a code (NA6H336TJW) however when I try to use the voucher it says: Voucher Scheme Has Ended despite it apparently not running out until 23/10/09. I was attempting to buy a full price game that had been out for some time and not a preorder as the terms and conditions stated.

to which they replied;

Hi ,

Thank you for your email.

Vouchers are not able to be redeemed against pre-orders. If this is not the case could you please confirm what product you preordered and received the code with.

Once you have done this, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Rachel U

The Team at GAME

Are the bloody stupid...telling me I couldn't redeem it against a preorder when I have told them that this wasn't the case...idiots...

Yes indeed they do I sent this email to them;

to which they replied;

Are the bloody stupid...telling me I couldn't redeem it against a preorder when I have told them that this wasn't the case...idiots...

You know unless you start getting nasty they'll just skim read the email and send a pre-written reply. They eventually got back to me with a WORKING code after about 3 pissed off emails. The first code they sent me (after 2 emails I might add) didn't even work! They did eventually cancel my preorder and I got the code for free, which is only fair in my opinion and it was their fault they lost the sale. They've been going downhill as a company for a while in my opinion. Rarely do they offer games cheaper than the competition. The competition being supermarkets who don't even sell games exclusively.

It seems to me (I, who hasn't even played the demo :P) that they're making the game a little... easier? Am I wrong to think this? The main challenge is always in the versus, anyway.

I think a bunch of us should play versus on the first night before we've played it solo - could be good!

The demo is up on Live now, had a quick blast and its business as usual, which is a good thing.

Whats the Realism Mode?

The demo is up on Live now, had a quick blast and its business as usual, which is a good thing.

Whats the Realism Mode?

I believe it's no incaps (just death), usually only headshots kill zombies and some other tweaks.

This machete is the most satisfying weapon I've laid my virtual hands on in quite some time.