NEurope
Shorty

Left 4 Dead 2

Very, very awesome. I didn't think the first had been out long enough for a second to have been announced but, hopefully they'll have more levels and more weapons.

Looked awesome.....still have to try out the first title, which i will do this summer!

Loved the brief look at the new characters! And chainsaws - fucking win.

I really hope this was just courtesy from Valve for the good sales, and not really an exclusive.

I really hope this was just courtesy from Valve for the good sales, and not really an exclusive.

The trailer said it was exclusive to 360 and PC . Edit: I think.

Edited by Cube

This seems way too soon to me. This might seem strange, but the fact it's a sequel and not expansive DLC has made it hard for me to get enthusiastic about it. They spent ages tuning all the original L4D maps and mechanics, and now they're putting out an entire sequel within a year?

This is just very un-Valve.

No doubt it's the same engine, just different assets.

Do you know a rough out line of the story or is it just following some other survivors? I'm well excited about this too :D it feels pretty quick to me too but I only just finnished the first about 4 months ago, good timing!

This seems way too soon to me. This might seem strange, but the fact it's a sequel and not expansive DLC has made it hard for me to get enthusiastic about it. They spent ages tuning all the original L4D maps and mechanics, and now they're putting out an entire sequel within a year?

This is just very un-Valve.

Yeah this is what I was thinking when originally wondering if it was L4D2. Not that it seems too soon for another one, cos I really want one, just that I'm wondering how another one can only take a year to get as good as the last was.

I also believe its way too soon.

I seriously expect Valve to keep making DLC to Left 4 Dead, because... really... I want to juice a little more on No Mercy and Death Toll ;___;

Yeah this is what I was thinking when originally wondering if it was L4D2. Not that it seems too soon for another one, cos I really want one, just that I'm wondering how another one can only take a year to get as good as the last was.

I'd assume was originally intended to be DLC. I can't really fault Valve for turning it in to a retail game though after all the free content they've churned out for their games over the years. Maybe HL2 EP3 isn't coming along as fast as expected and they need a cash boost? Or maybe they figure heavily supporting TF2 and L4D with free updates at the same time just wasn't financially viable. I know i'd rather have a L4D sequel than TF3, there'd be little point or value in the latter.

oh yeah!!!! Like others im suprised they releasing a new one so soon but i ent goin to complain! yay!!

This was probably the biggest surprise for me. I knew it was talked about coming up to E3, but I didn't think it'd happen with the first being pretty young on the market.

I was hoping that Valve would simply keep adding more dlc to L4D, rather than making us pay for a new game. Where's Episode Three?!!! :(

left_4_dead_the_parish.jpg

Awesome, white suit guy and token fat black man ftw :D

Dunno why, but the guy in the suit looks a bit like Tim Roth to me. Pretty awesome looking cast, though i can see the suit guy being the most popular (just like Bill is in the first one).

Interesting. I think I'll still be suckling the first one dry by the time this comes out though.

Right, no Episode 3 at E3, and Valve give us this crap. Valve can now officially go and fuck themselves.