N-Europe

Metroid Prime 100% complete!

r73v5d.jpg

Took me 15:03 this time around which while respectable is nowhere near the time of my 100% Hard-Mode run I did a few years back which only took me less than 12 hours but nevermind, it was still as enjoyable to play as it always has been and the controls really do make it that much better, this is without question the definitive version. :)

I may start playing Echoes tonight / tomorrow but either way I can now start the reviewing process, so expect a full review sometime over / after the weekend.

For any of you who have allready ordered and are getting it tomorrow / have it allready then enjoy it because it's one damn fine trilogy. :D

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6dvbds.jpg

Metroid Prime Hunters DS reference anyone? :heh:

That is quite weird, because yes... it does look like a Hunters reference, so I thought they might have just added it in Trilogy... But no: I've been playing through the original GCN game and today I came across that very scan. Weird considering it's a 2003 game. Must be coincidence. Right?

Oh, and Sam, I forgot to mention that I passionately loathe you for your free, early review copy ;)

Neptune's beard! :o My copy didn't arrive today, should definitely be here tomorrow.

Mine hasn't either, but we haven't had any post today so I don't know if the post is just late today or not. I'm expecting some other parcels as well so maybe it'll arrive via van.

Edit: Normal post arrived (it was late). No Metroid.

Edited by Ike

That is quite weird, because yes... it does look like a Hunters reference, so I thought they might have just added it in Trilogy... But no: I've been playing through the original GCN game and today I came across that very scan. Weird considering it's a 2003 game. Must be coincidence. Right?

Oh, and Sam, I forgot to mention that I passionately loathe you for your free, early review copy ;)

Not really since,

On November 13, 2003, Nintendo announced that it would be creating a new console for release in 2004.

The DS hit the US in November 04 and came with a MPH demo, it's highly likely that during the time of Metroid Prime the DS was probably being fined tuned and the idea of Hunters was being batted around. So, in goes the little hint.

Not really since,

The DS hit the US in November 04 and came with a MPH demo, it's highly likely that during the time of Metroid Prime the DS was probably being fined tuned and the idea of Hunters was being batted around. So, in goes the little hint.

I'd love to think that was the case. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't freak, and it only makes one think what other hints Retro may have snuck into the scans in later games. There is a Metroid Dread reference in Corruption afterall, though I think that was to intentionally make people flip out.

If you've played Metroid Prime less than twice then I can assure you that I envy you far more than you could ever loathe me for obtaining a week-early review copy ;) seriously... those first couple of plays on Metroid Prime are magical, for me this is about the sixth time maybe? and while I absolutely loved every minute of this latest playthrough, the game seemed that much smaller to me than I remember it being; now obv it is still a huge game but it seems so much bigger on your first couple of play-throughs so anyway... if playing trilogy counts as one of your first play-throughs - and that goes for anyone - then seriously, enjoy it. :)

----------------------------------

Also, Or Else You Will Die, that ain't a Samus cosplay - though it did make me laugh - THIS is a Samus cosplay...

metroid02.jpg

Got an email from Amazon today, saying it's gonna take awhile longer for them to dispatch it. Most unhappies.

Mokong X-C texted me and said that an Irish store told him that it had been delayed till the 9th....

has anyone registerd on the club nintendo site to win a free copy of metriod nes? 1st 5000 people i have and ive got no email yet?

I was one of the first 200 or something to download Icarian: Kindred Spirits, and it took a little while for them to email the soundtrack to me.

has anyone registerd on the club nintendo site to win a free copy of metriod nes? 1st 5000 people i have and ive got no email yet?

I registered it as soon as I got the review copy... that either makes me one of the first or null and void for some reason. :heh: