N-Europe

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Blue_Ninja0

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I sort of get it. So If I kill 252 Geodude (for example), I'll max out my defence stat with EV's?

Or something...

My main team all got effort ribbons before i even started trying to work out waht EV's are.

Yeah that'll max out your defence stat.

If your team already has effort ribbons then they've maxed their EVs and you'll probably want to breed new Pokémon to start a fresh.

Yeah that'll max out your defence stat.

If your team already has effort ribbons then they've maxed their EVs and you'll probably want to breed new Pokémon to start a fresh.

Or use berries to reset your Pokemon's EVs.

he first CoroCoro scans have come out and have revealed a fair bit of information.

* First, it confirms that the Apricorns come back. However, this time, you have the ability to grow them yourself portabley, using the SquirtBottle to grow them. This means the following balls have returned, for reference here are their use:

o Fast Ball: Captures Pokémon that Flee

o Friend Ball: Increases Happiness of Captured Pokémon

o Heavy Ball: Captures Heavier Pokémon more successfully

o Level Ball: Captures Pokémon of lower levels easier

o Love Ball: Captures opposite gendered Pokémon easier

o Lure Ball: Captures Pokémon caught with the Fishing Rod easier

o Moon Ball: Captures Pokémon that evolve with the Moon Stone easier

* Next, it reiterates Kanto's return in Heart Gold & Soul Silver and also shows there is a new Battle Frontier style facility to the west of Olivine City. Further details about this Battle Frontier have not been revealed

* It also confirms the National Park's Bug Catching Contest making a return. This contest features you having to capture the best Bug Pokémon you can.

* It also shows that Rayquaza is catchable later in the game at Level 50. Further details were not revealed but as revealed in June, it will require Kyogre & Groudon for it to appear

* It also shows that you have the Mystery Egg subquest from Gold & Silver. It is unknown if the Egg you receive will still be Togepi

* Finally, it confirms that the new area west of Cianwood City is a Safari Zone.

he first CoroCoro scans have come out and have revealed a fair bit of information.

* First, it confirms that the Apricorns come back. However, this time, you have the ability to grow them yourself portabley, using the SquirtBottle to grow them. This means the following balls have returned, for reference here are their use:

* Next, it reiterates Kanto's return in Heart Gold & Soul Silver and also shows there is a new Battle Frontier style facility to the west of Olivine City. Further details about this Battle Frontier have not been revealed

* It also confirms the National Park's Bug Catching Contest making a return. This contest features you having to capture the best Bug Pokémon you can.

* It also shows that Rayquaza is catchable later in the game at Level 50. Further details were not revealed but as revealed in June, it will require Kyogre & Groudon for it to appear

* It also shows that you have the Mystery Egg subquest from Gold & Silver. It is unknown if the Egg you receive will still be Togepi

* Finally, it confirms that the new area west of Cianwood City is a Safari Zone.

:cry:Pure tears of joy:cry:

- Entei, Suicune and Raikou will be at Level 40.

- two newly revealed Pokethlon sports: Snowball Fighting and Wrestling

- Pokegear contains Phone, Map, Radio Item Finder and Pokewalker stats

- X and Y buttons allow for assignment of items

- Notch-eared Pichu is unlocked when you trade over your Pikachu colored Pichu. Notch-eared Pichu cannot be traded and does not evolve

- Notch-eared Pichu knows Pain Split, Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, and Swagger

- The Kimono Sisters play a bigger roll (who?)

- Team Rocket may have infiltrated the Kimono Sisters house.

- It rains at the Lake of Rage when you encounter Red Gyarados

- Mother will save your money buy rare items from time to time

- PokeWalker features an Item Finder that allows you to scan/pick up items while you wakl

- Two PokeWalkers can connect via infrared in order to get items

- The PokeWalker keeps track of your daily activities and updates your PokeGear when you connect to HeartGold/SoulSilver

Glad to see we're getting two shortcuts now. I'd use one for the bike one for a fishing rod/Vs Seeker.

How do you get a Pikachu coloured Pichu?

I always thought the moon ball was a bit pointless. Good to see the return of Apricorns and they are including a battle frontier, I thought they might have just added the battle tower.

How do you get a Pikachu coloured Pichu?

Via a Japan only event currently.

I hate how the Safari Zones in the games are so frustrating. They have some of the coolest/most interesting pokemon, but in the rare case you do come across them, they 'll probably just flee.

I always liked the Bug Contest in G/S/C though. The time I got a Scyther = I loved.

* Kyogre & Groudon both dwell in a cave like Rayquaza and like Rayquaza, they are to be found at Level 50

* Apricorns have another use. As well as making the new PokéBalls, you can convert them into juice in order to boost your Pokémon's Pokéthlon stats

* Three new Pokéthlon events have been revealed;

o Break Block which has your Pokémon breaking blocks using their hand. This is controlled with the Touch Screen

o Change Relay, another race controlled on the Touch Screen. However, unlike Dash Hurdle, you only control one Pokémon at a time

o Push Circle is another match similar to RingOut Fight. However, you control all your Pokémon at once

What is Game Freak's obsession with legendaries? 10 valuable spots in the 4th gen pokes were used up on pointless and badly explained legendary pokemon, and they're shoving the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trio in this one? Lord.

What is Game Freak's obsession with legendaries? 10 valuable spots in the 4th gen pokes were used up on pointless and badly explained legendary pokemon, and they're shoving the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trio in this one? Lord.

It's probably for the people who don't have R/S/E so they can complete their 'dex.

But what about people who don't have FR/LG? HOW WILL THE POOR BRAVE CUSTOMERS GET THE LEGENDARY BIRDS?

It seems like the original trio are overshadowed by the next "god" Pokemon. Seriously. What the fuck is Darkrai? Other than a Digimon cast-off that is. Not to mention ARSEeus, that one that is so good it's EVERY type.

And Ash'll meet them all in the cartoon.

Fine. I don't own Platinum. But in any case, I was just annoyed at the worship of any Pokemon that is deemed "legendary".

In other news, I need to decide what to use my master ball on in Diamond...Giratina, who at level 70, is stronger than my team, and will probably be a better investment, or Cresselia, the lovely one who always runs away, but I way prefer as a Pokemon and to own?

Should I really take the time to train a new Golbat (my Crobat doesn't have Mean Look anymore) to be faster than Cresselia? I cannae be aersed.