N-Europe

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Blue_Ninja0

Yeah, spill the beans yesteryear.

Are both version identical and I should just get the version I think has prettier packaging?!

Yeah, spill the beans yesteryear.

Are both version identical and I should just get the version I think has prettier packaging?!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while I was considering not getting this. Then I saw a thread on some other forum asking people if they were getting the game or not. I didn't even look into the thread, but it put the game at the front of my mind again. Now with reading this topic, and from my own nostalgia, I've convinced myself that I need this. I'm guessing you can't get it without the pedometer though, I doubt I would ever use that.

Now, do them Pokewalker mabobs come with batteries? Thanks in advance!

Yeah they do.

For a while I was considering not getting this. Then I saw a thread on some other forum asking people if they were getting the game or not. I didn't even look into the thread, but it put the game at the front of my mind again. Now with reading this topic, and from my own nostalgia, I've convinced myself that I need this. I'm guessing you can't get it without the pedometer though, I doubt I would ever use that.

You will once you get it :P

Iwata Asks: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Iwata:

At that time I wasn’t a Nintendo employee but was President of HAL Laboratory. At the same time, I was a board member at Creatures Inc. and I ended up being involved in analysing the best way to localise the overseas versions of Red and Green. For that reason, I got hold of the source code for Red and Green and I would study that and suggest ways to localise it to the relevant department at Nintendo.

Ishihara:

At the same time, Pokémon Stadium came out...

Iwata:

Right. (laughs) You decided to release Pokémon Stadium for the Nintendo 64 and the first task was to analyse Red and Green’s battle logic and send it over to Miyamoto-san and his team. You’d normally expect there to be a specification document, but there was nothing of the sort…

Morimoto:

I’m so sorry! (laughs)

Iwata:

No, no, it’s fine! (laughs) Studying the program for the Pokémon battle system was part of my job.

Morimoto:

I created that battle programme and it really took a long time to put together. But when I heard that Iwata-san had been able to port it over in about a week and that it was already working… Well, I thought: “What kind of company president is this!?” (laughs)

All:

(laughter)

Morimoto:

I was saying things like: “Is that guy a programmer? Or is he the President?” (laughs)

Iwata:

To be blunt, at the time I was more of a programmer than I was a company president. (laughs)

Morimoto:

(laughs) I was really taken aback that you could get to grips with such a complicated programme in such a short space of time.

Ishihara:

I remember thinking that there just weren’t that many people out there who would be able to read the entire Game Boy source code, which was by no means written in a highly-refined programming language, and grasp how everything connected with everything else. So Iwata-san, you analysed the whole thing and reworked the code, decided on the way to localise Red and Green, got the battle system running on N64… I was gobsmacked that you managed all of that…

Iwata:

Well, at the time, I felt that for the whole team at Nintendo, the biggest priority was not to do anything that would adversely influence the development of Gold and Silver. So I very naturally slotted in on the development side for Pokémon.

Morimoto:

What's more, there were the tools for compressing the Pokémon graphic code…

Iwata:

Ah yes, the compression tools.

Morimoto:

You were kind enough to create those tools.

Iwata:

Yes. (laughs) Well, I had heard from Ishihara-san that you’d been rather concerned about it.

Morimoto:

At that point, we got a little carried away and were making all sorts of demands, saying: “This part isn’t quite right – do you think you could fix it?” We had some nerve to be making those requests to a company president… (laughs)

Iwata:

Well, I was willing to do whatever I could! (laughs)

Ishihara:

It would have been a waste to just have you as President! (laughs)

All:

(laughter)

Iwata is a programmer wizard. :o

Just reached the Safari Zone - man, I hate that place. It's so hard to catch anything decent! It's nice to know that there's nothing there that I need to complete my Pokédex, though, for once.

Erm, if you're talking about National Dex, yeah there is...a lot :P and it'll literally take you months

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml

Anyway, I found out something today my contact neglected to tell me. The Tin Tower in Ecruteak City has been renamed the Bell Tower

Well then :P

Anyway, the Yellow Forest event has been announced.

The official site has just updated and has announced that the Yellow Forest Pokéwalker route is set to be given over WiFi in America, and likely Europe & Australia as they run off the same servers, from April 1st 2010 to April 30th 2010. This WiFi event allows the download of the route in Pokéwalker that houses six different kind of Pikachu. One of them knows Surf, and one of them knows Fly.

For more details, check here; http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#yellowforest

I just got a update on my Game Pre-orders

Dear Mr Candela

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

06785970/P

We are delighted to inform you that we have been able to reduce the selling price of Pokemon Soul Silver (Includes Pokewalker) to 29.99 GBP

Your credit / debit card will be charged with the new, lower price upon despatch of your order, even if the price goes up again before launch!

Dear Mr Candela

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

06785971/P

We are delighted to inform you that we have been able to reduce the selling price of Pokemon Heart Gold (Includes Pokewalker) to 29.99 GBP

Your credit / debit card will be charged with the new, lower price upon despatch of your order, even if the price goes up again before launch!

Edited by canand

One thing i cant figure out... how on earth does the poke walker thingy connect to the Pokemon cartridge? cos the top of it looks just like any other DS cartridge
I'm guessing it's the same as the Activity Meters and Walk With Me, in which case it'll use infrared.

I'm going to have 2 weeks off at the end of the month, so I might as well get this!:grin: Heart Gold for me.. I suppose I had all 3 games originally.

Oh yeah, is it possible to trade pokemon from Fire Red and Leaf Green like in Diamond and Pearl?