N-Europe

Have I Got News For You?

dwarf

I'll catch this on I-Player later on, i'm out for the night so shall miss it.

I've always liked HIGNFY, its a great comedy/news program. Best presenters i've seen include Jeremy Clarkson, Bruce Forsyth, and whats-his-face Armstrong. They are good to keep it afloat as it were after Angus got canned.

Forgot about this!

Frank Skinner's hosting tonight. Was never a fan of him until I saw him on this programme last year, as both host and a guest, and I was very impressed by him, so hopefully it'll be good, even if it does have the awful Katy Brand on it.

I doubt the show will ever come to and end, but I have noticed that Paul Merton does seem bored during some episodes, so if there will any changes it'll probably be in the captain department.

Paul often looks bored, then comes out with moments of absolute brilliance. It's worth hearing nothing from him in the whole of the rest of the show if he says one hilarious thing at the end.

Also: After watching it the other night I realise just how un-funny Ian Hislop is. All he can do is insult people to their face, or make political jokes that most of the audience and country won't understand, because you need detailed knowlesge for it. In my opinion he brought nothing but awkwardness to the show the other night by ripping into that guy for being a politician (which is fair enough, but I was sitting at home cringing at how rude he was being - it was unnecessary)

I'm probably the only one.

Paul often looks bored, then comes out with moments of absolute brilliance. It's worth hearing nothing from him in the whole of the rest of the show if he says one hilarious thing at the end.

Also: After watching it the other night I realise just how un-funny Ian Hislop is. All he can do is insult people to their face, or make political jokes that most of the audience and country won't understand, because you need detailed knowlesge for it. In my opinion he brought nothing but awkwardness to the show the other night by ripping into that guy for being a politician (which is fair enough, but I was sitting at home cringing at how rude he was being - it was unnecessary)

I'd hardly say his jokes need indepth knowledge of politics. I mostly find him to be really funny.

I thought the whole episode felt quite awkward, it didn't really flow that well and there were some non-jokes filling the time in the programme.

Hopefully things will improve.

Oh and I forgot to mention, that politician was a complete cock. Smug, not funny and laughed at his own material even when it was shite.

I personally find Ian Hislop hilarious. Him ripping the politician was great, and didn't need indepth knowledge of politics at all, just a knowledge of what's going on in the world.

I found the part where they cut to a Question Time scene with a politician stating how working to a schedule would be difficult for MPs to be hilarious, because of the retort "What, like a job?". Cue the eruption of laughter from the audience, too, and you had a great moment.

As well as that was Gordon Brown's comment of "I take full responsibility for what happened. That's why the person who was responsible went immediately." What a toolshed!

Good times. :)

I disagree with last episode. But I do find him the least humourous. Over the years and finding watching politics on the news more bearable I come to understand his humour more.

No matter how much time has gone by, he always looks like he's trying to have a sly shit whilst laughing.