N-Europe

Fallout: New Vegas

Wesley

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem with that screenshot is that its a magazine scan. It would probably look much better if it was the original. While I doubt the game is going to look much better, I honestly don't think that matters in a game like Fallout. The artistic direction is still just about as good as it gets in semi-realistic western RPGs. The atmosphere was the best I've seen since Metroid Prime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nobody's talked about this for ages.

If you hadn't seen the E3 trailer, then here it is:

I'm rating everything about that, including what seems to be the main theme. I am pumped for this. Still weighing up whether or not to make this my first special edition thingamie ever. The cards are drawing me towards it.

Watched the trailer from the PS Store which surprisingly made it seem all the more awesome. Wide-screen helps surprisingly.

I love old American music. Here's the tune:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by dwarf

Probably. I just can't wait to try out the hardcore mode (which apparently nets you an awesome item at the end) whereby ammo actually has weight, and you'll certainly have to use radiated water to keep your health up.

It's just going to be amazing, I know it will. More of something you just enjoy immensely should never be seen in a bad way.

I still haven't decided on weather I should get the PS3 version or the PC version. On the one hand, the PS3 version obviously isn't going to have mods, on the other hand, my computer can barely run fallout 3, so it might not even be able to run this.

I'm going to guess that the PC version will have achievements, just like Fallout 3 did. As for the controls, I don't really care either way. Fallout 3 works equally well with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse, not to mention you can just set up a controller to work with the PC version.

That said, it looks like New Vegas has significantly higher system requirements, so unless I upgrade this year, I'll be buying the PS3 version.

This game looks brilliant, can't wait to play it! Although I'm also torn between getting the 360 version or the PC version. Either way, does anyone know of any UK retailer taking pre-orders for the Collector's Edition? I can't find it anywhere... :/

Same here, i can't find the Collectors Edition anywhere either for pre-order??

• 3 weeks later...

Its about as much a sequel as Zelda games are sequels to the games coming out before them. The Fallout games are all connected in the same universe, but they're not continuations of the last games, they're completely different stories. Usually taking place years apart, or on separate sides of the country (in Fallout 3's case).

I don't think its different enough to be considered a spin off though. Story wise its probably going to be just as significant as the other games, and the gameplay is going to be almost identical to Fallout 3's. A spin off would be more something like Fallout Tactics.