NEurope
Kirkatronics

Kids Cartoons

I sit down every now and then and watch cartoons but the only one that make me it trough them all are:

Fairly Odd Parents, Fosters home for imaginary friends and The Emperor´s new school.

Most everything else gives me a headache.

The ones you watch when you were younger are always the best, most have been mentioned so I´m gonna count those I have not seen here:

Captain Tsubasa (It´s older then I thought, they showed it kinda late here)

Power Puff Girls

Dexter´s Laboratory (Why has no one mentioned it!)

Cow and Chicken

Courage the Cowardly dog

The Super Mario Show

The Legend of Zelda

Gargoyles

Batman The Animated Series

Spiderman The Animated Series

Can´t think of any else except some I can´t remember the name of.

It´s about 2 bear cup who lose their mother to hunters and they are surviving in the woods alone with help from 2 kids whose parents are hunters or something.

Another one that was about an elf or something living under a castle in Ireland

Though they do not beat anything I watched when growing up. like the:

MOOMINS

The episode where Moomintroll wakes up and everyone is missing caused me mental trauma as a child.

Didn´t stop me from watching this religiously:D

My love for Sam & Max brought me to aquire this recently, from what I´ve currently watched it´s way better then I expected.

Kids 'cartoons' nowadays pale in comparison to the stuff many of us grew up with. When I was young, it was Thundercats, Bucky O'Hare, Transformers, Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman and Top Cat to name a few. What have the kids got nowadays? In The Night Garden or whatever it is? I mean, they're dumbing down TV for kids. They've got rid of the cartoons and are giving them pap. They really shouldbring back the old shows or at least show them alongside the new stuff to show how bad the stuff is nowadays.

Thundercats is still awesome. I remember I started watching it a few years back and it's just brilliant. A truly fantastic piece of kids cartoon history.

Where the frick is Gia when we need her...

Lazy cow! I want one of them rings!

I hate to be the one that got stuck with the power of "Heart"!

I'll watch or at least put the telly on for Shaun the Sheep, Uncle Max and Lazy Town nowadays.

My favourites were Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Wacky Races, Dastardly and Mutley in their Flying Machines, Looney Tunes, The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Pokemon, Arthur, Super Ted, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank and The Shoe People.

What was the name of that show which had a worm in a flying helicopter which looked like an apple? That was a programme worth getting up early for!

Mighty Max... ahhh.

Yes! I watch kid's cartoons! But only the ones that were made for me when I was a kid! Mighty Max, still trying to get a torrent of that! X-Men and Spider-Man 90s series, got them and am watching through them again.

I hate the stuff thats out now, all full of crap, only shining light is Ben10, bloody love that ,hell even Transformers is crap now, well it looks it, Optimus looks like a monkey o0

From

Epic

to

Monkey looking robots >>

and

M M M M.A.S.K

one more and i'm done..I think >>

This Needs to happen somehow

Edited by arnold

Loved loads of stuff. Off the top of my head;

Batman The Animated Series (I had good taste back then too)

Spider-Man, X-Men (and then casually watched the other marvel shows, but they were crap)

Animaniacs/Pinky & The Brain

Sharkey & George

Street Sharks

Fat Dog Mendoza

Arthur/hey Arnold etc.

What was that one about a school, which had a Rhino as the janitor? A supervillain lived underneath the school, IIRC called The Phantom, but it was pronounced Phanthom.

I loved that.

I liked watching Totally Spies when I was a teenager...... I used to love cartoons like Pokemon when I was younger, but now its all documentaries, sci fis and historical Chinese TV series (Monkey, Lotus Lantern, Magic Phone, Strange Tales from Liaozhai, Romance of the Three Kingdoms and etc).

Edited by Pyxis

do i still watch kids programs? not since i finnished university, ended up unemployed and took a long hard look at what i was doing with my life.

How has nobody mentioned The Land Before Time yet??

LandBeforeTimePlatvoetmetmoeder.jpg

Then naturally Animals of Farthing Wood

ranger5.png

Both of which were straight to dvd (Well, video) had about 10 sequels.

And then classic TV cartoons...

Digimon, Pokemon, Watch my Chops, and the immortal Arthur

The Animals of Farthing Wood was a pretty good TV series, altough the story was really sad.

The Animals of Farthing Wood kicked ass. Damn Scarface, that bastard.

I also watched (far too much of):

Cow and Chicken

Johnny Bravo (I even have a poster of him in my room, I like to pretend I got it when I was six, but I really got it two months ago...)

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Pokémon

Digimon (digital monsters...)

Catdog

And probably far more that weren't so good or memorable.

@ Paj - I believe that was Flying Rhino Junior High. Remember that one from really early morning tv, i.e. 5am before getting ready for the commute to school.

@ Paj - I believe that was Flying Rhino Junior High. Remember that one from really early morning tv, i.e. 5am before getting ready for the commute to school.

YES!

Stunning.

---

Also, was it just me that always loved the dark, sinister, surreal undercurrent that ran through shows like Powerpuff Girls and Dexters Lab?

Cow & Chicken and Courage too, but more obviously.

The episode where Moomintroll wakes up and everyone is missing caused me mental trauma as a child.

Didn´t stop me from watching this religiously:D

I know exactly what you mean. Even as a kid I knew it was going to leave me scarred for the rest of my life and yet I couldn't turn away!

Anyone remember Oscar's Orchestra? :)

does any one else think that the cement mixer at the begging of animals of farthing wood is abserdly big, i mean, its far, far, far bigger then the trees, and seeming floating in mid air. am i to assume this is a figurative cement mixer?