N-Europe

Nintendo Advertising Hotting Up For Christmas in UK

Mimternet

NOE's marketting has really learnt from its mistakes and has improved dramatically, and as a result DS is one of the hottest selling products right now in Europe. Okay, so Nintendo should of always been like this with cube but at least they're working hard now and DS is selling excellent and gives hope that the Revolution will be marketted well.

I love the MK advert. Has anyone tseen the psp ad.. how is that gonna make people want to buy ione??

Aye, I thought it was a bit random. Didn't really promote or tell you much abuot the product. Guess Sony are hoping by just ushering the words "playstation portable" will sell it :/

The PSP advert is really well done. That's just fanboy speak.

Thats not the point of ads though. It just lets people know that it exists, nothing there about what it does, things like that. The nintendo ads make people want to but it. When i first saw the ad for meteos i thoguht, woah i want that game

In the psp adits more like, woah i want a giant clump of red objects that can move about

Thats not the point of ads though. It just lets people know that it exists, nothing there about what it does, things like that. The nintendo ads make people want to but it. When i first saw the ad for meteos i thoguht, woah i want that game

In the psp adits more like, woah i want a giant clump of red objects that can move about

sony have always used weird advertising remember this one? it draws the more attention if your adverts make the viewer think, rather than just tell them to buy something, and it's worked wonders for sony so far.

I've seen nintendogs, mario baseball and geist. I also agee on the PSP one when I saw it I just went WTF :/ I guess its not as bad as the first PS2 ads though men with ducks head and crap and saying welcome to the third place they just melted my head.

I don't see why Nintendo are doing so much advertising for the DS. Sure, there's Mario Kart. But Nintendogs?

I can only really speak to the GAME I work in, and the others in the region, but nobody can get hold of Nintendogs for love more money. The same goes for all game shops (such as GameStation) in my area. I've had to tell people they might not get Nintendogs (even more so, a coloured DS) before christmas.

GAME expect a *tiny* amount of stock sometime in December, but when that's gone - it's gone. If you're after a DS bundled with Nintendogs, you might as well forget about it.

I don't see why Nintendo are doing so much advertising for the DS. Sure, there's Mario Kart. But Nintendogs?

I can only really speak to the GAME I work in, and the others in the region, but nobody can get hold of Nintendogs for love more money. The same goes for all game shops (such as GameStation) in my area. I've had to tell people they might not get Nintendogs (even more so, a coloured DS) before christmas.

GAME expect a *tiny* amount of stock sometime in December, but when that's gone - it's gone. If you're after a DS bundled with Nintendogs, you might as well forget about it.

My guess would be people want what they can't have. If Nintendo continue to create more and more buzz about Nintendogs and kids keep screaming at parents for it, it keeps selling out as soon as shops get it, people talk more and the cycle continues.

Have a look at the Xbox 360 thread, it's like they're after Buzz Lightyear dolls or something.

i prefer the xbox360 advert to nintendo ones.

its too late for nintendo to change, but while geist looked to be an "older" game

the adverts for mario baseball, mario soccer whatever and mariokart ds feature really out of fashion kiddy cartoon characters. i mean the baseball advert looks like its aimed at 5 year olds.

sony as ever are advertising "nothing" with the psp. just a "style"

ea have as ever dedicated a badly reviewed game with a "available on gamecube" big splash end cut. they always do that with the poor games it seems.

oh well. at least there are games out there.