NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

I won't go too in-depth yet, but this is a much better game than its predecessor. It starts off really slowly so I expect some people will be left underwhelmed by the first few hours, but once the game has introduced its various features it becomes far more enjoyable.

Oh, if you have the option I'd get it on 360. Both versions suffer the odd dip in framerate and some screen tearing, but it's not so prevalent on the Xbox. The performance issues are the one thing marring my experience with the game so anything you can do to lessen them is advised. If you are going to play the game on PS3, turn the in-game brightness level down a notch.

Probably going to get the first AC and inFamous today so that I can play those games + get the platinum trophy for Uncharted 2 simultaneously.

Edit: Just ordered AC 1 and 2 at Amazon. AC 2 costs only 43€ which is more than 20€ cheaper than normal oO And the first one (Platinum Edition) 20€ which is 10€ cheaper. Gotta get those now :D

Edited by drahkon

My rental arrived this morning so ive been playing it a bit, not far enough into it to give a proper judgement though and compare it to the first game.

I'm replaying the first game until I can buy this. Figure I'll go for 1000/1000, those flags outta keep me busy until I can get AC2.

Picked this up earlier. I've locked myself in the library for now so won't be able to play it until I get home later.

I'm so excited.

Wow, just had some terrible badguy spawning, I was in the middle of a fight and it was like six more just teleported in next to me.

I was looking for one earlier aswell, never did find one so I just save after I see the logo in one of the corners

Cool.

So far I am loving this. It does start off slow and I was starting to think that it was missing something...That something turned out to be basically all the weapons. :heh: I just got my Assassin's Blade.

Even though the start is slower, it is much better.

I really loved the first one being set in the crusades. This era interests me less so in terms of the atmosphere.

I have to say, I actually hate Uncharted 2 now. It makes every other game look like shit in comparison.

Facial animation, mocap, rendering - all look absolutely hideous. DAMN YOU DRAKE!!

Yeah id been noticing that close up this game doesnt really shine in the graphics department. Also even though its not to the same extent as the first game, I am starting to feel its getting slightly repetetive.

Finished Uncharted 2 yesterday and both ACs have arrived today. Gonna go play now. :)

Hope I'll finish the first AC fast.

Hope I'll finish the first AC fast.

Play the 30 minutes then watch the ending on YouTube and you've experienced the whole game.

Play the 30 minutes then watch the ending on YouTube and you've experienced the whole game.

Nah, I don't really like watching cutscenes without playing the game ;) I think the anticipation for AC 2 and Uncharted 2 will get me through AC 1 quite fast :p

There's no point in playing either of the AC fast. They aren't made to be blasted through. You're just going to get bored.

well...piss.

got this for review today. Or at least I thought I did. My guy in London borrowed it from the office and put fifa 10 in the case instead. Fnnaarrgh!

There's no point in playing either of the AC fast. They aren't made to be blasted through. You're just going to get bored.

I didn't mean I want to finish it in the shortest time possible, I just want to finish it throughout the next few days ;) I might be able to play a lot during next week.

Even that is too much imo. I suggest spacing it over a few weeks but then I know that isn't always practical.

Edit: This game is such a slow burner. The more I play, the more I love it. Still picking up skills and weapon types about 5 hours into it.

Apart from the game looking a bit dated, I'm more than happy.

Edited by Daft

My friend is "secretly" buying this for me right now. Thanks mam for ruining the surprise.

You were right. All of you. The first AC gets a bit boring...but I probably would have played this game if I hadn't AC 2 here.

Started AC 2 and I love it. Even if I only played it for about 30 minutes.

Im actually getting more and more bored of ACII now, if I dont complete it by tomorrow I will probably send it back instead of carrying on. The spawing of characters is getting on my nerves, im still finding the missions repetetive and I find the cities really bland.

Man does this game start slow, but now its going well. It's really hard to see things on the map and on those puzzles because my TV is small and not HD. Really annoying.

Anyone else finding that stealth, and generally the whole Assassin's Creed, has pretty much been ignored?