NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

If it makes you feel better, I think it's rubbish.

Loved the first one, though.

If it makes you feel better, I think it's rubbish.

This strikes me as rather disingenuous as I seem to recall you got the Platinum Trophy. That is not the action of someone who truly dislikes what they're playing, especially given the task of finding all the feathers.

It's probably the second easiest Platinum after Terminator Salvation.

Here are my thoughts on it.

I dislike it because it took everything promising about the first game and threw it away and on top of that became dated.

Edited by Daft

I got the White Edition today. The figure is the best I've seen. Anyone who got the special edition of the first game knows what to expect, but here is a few pictures I took for those who haven't seen one:

P1041549.jpg

Closeup of the detail:

P1041544.jpg

That's a great looking figure for a game accompanyment, best I've seen I think. Compared to the tacky plastic Bayonetta gun or the Kinder Surprise SFIV figures, at least.

I played a bit at my cousins. Is the "stumbling" animation supposed to be so bad? For something you see a lot of (guards/people/you stumbling) it seems odd that everyone stumbles in the same way and across the same distance. One time I chucked a guard while on a roof, he hit a wall and stumbled backwards. Because I was still fighting him he fell into me and caused me to stumble backwards and fall off the roof. I also stumbled backwards after someone I was protecting pushed past me and I ended up standing on someone's head (who were standung up themselves).

Crotch shots FTW. Unfortunately, it's not detailed enough the see the outline of his junk.

I started playing the game yesterday. I like it. A lot.

Beat a few days ago, just plain fucking awesome. A complete improvement over the first without adding in new negative elements. Love the ending and where they seem to be taking the series. Got 45/50 Achievements, I suppose I'll get the other 5 eventually, I don't relish finding the feathers but they are easier than flags at least.

Although I would have liked more out of the animus experiences as I liked talking to the other characters and getting their thoughts on things.

I finished it today, just finding the feathers now. Have like 68. Can't wait, it may be my first Platinum.

Beat a few days ago, just plain fucking awesome. A complete improvement over the first without adding in new negative elements. Love the ending and where they seem to be taking the series. Got 45/50 Achievements, I suppose I'll get the other 5 eventually, I don't relish finding the feathers but they are easier than flags at least.

Although I would have liked more out of the animus experiences as I liked talking to the other characters and getting their thoughts on things.

I finished it today, just finding the feathers now. Have like 68. Can't wait, it may be my first Platinum.

Feathers are 10x more easier than the flags. At least there is only 100 feathers across all cities and not 100 flags per city and 100 across all cities as well like the first title.

@leetpants. Which achievements do you have left. I managed to get all 50 first play-through.

Also read online that the first of the DLC comes out end of this month, with the second coming end of Febuary. Should be interesting.

not liking this now. too annoying. might leave it until i feel the need to play it again...which is gonna be a long time. Why do I never get on with Ubsoft games? I hate the presentation, graphics, storyline, and controls of this game. There are no tutorials that ease you into the controls and when free running, i always end up jumping huge gaps and landing which decreases health. How could I have seen that massive chasm? Why can't the camera pan out slightly giving a better view? There are so many little things about this game that piss me off.

Ubisoft can fuck off.

I take it back now. I'm really enjoying this game now. Got the cool costume. Got the cool lil knife thingy. Awesome. Just need to improve my combat skills....bit iffy about counters.....can anyone give me some tips?

Also read online that the first of the DLC comes out end of this month, with the second coming end of Febuary. Should be interesting.

Do you know if you would need the disc to play the DLC? Cos I'm only borrowing the game off my cuz and it would be ideal to play the DLC without having the physical copy anymore...

@leetpants. Which achievements do you have left. I managed to get all 50 first play-through.

Feathers, Wear the Auditore cape, Stun 4 guards with sand, Sweep 5 guards with a long weapon, and The kill 10 enemies without being hit.

I know I could get them, I just haven't got around to doing it.

Do you know if you would need the disc to play the DLC? Cos I'm only borrowing the game off my cuz and it would be ideal to play the DLC without having the physical copy anymore...

Yes you will need the disk. There are two areas that are inaccessable throughout the whole game, one of them is in Florence and the other is in Venice. The DLC i heard opens these up for more quests/missions etc.

Feathers, Wear the Auditore cape, Stun 4 guards with sand, Sweep 5 guards with a long weapon, and The kill 10 enemies without being hit.

I know I could get them, I just haven't got around to doing it.

Stunning the 4 Guards, Sweeping 5 Guards and Killing 10 enemies without being hit are tricky. I somehow got the 10 enemy one without realising it.

I'm not sure about the stunning(which has odd hit detection anyways) but the others you can drop a smoke bomb near a large group to have plenty of time to manage.

I'm not sure about the stunning(which has odd hit detection anyways) but the others you can drop a smoke bomb near a large group to have plenty of time to manage.

Why didn't i think of that, i went into an open area and held "X" to get the special move. It did take a bit of time. (once i learned it, tried it before learning the skill)

Before I attempt connecting my 360 to da net, is a large text patch available? Because some of the text is hard to see, especially when it tries to tell you what shoulder buttons to use.

Well I slammed it up to the net and the bad boy downloaded some form of updates, and the text is still the same, I guess Ubisoft hasn't gotten round to it yet.

Ah well, at least it's better than what Nuts and Bolts was when that was released.

Well I slammed it up to the net and the bad boy downloaded some form of updates, and the text is still the same, I guess Ubisoft hasn't gotten round to it yet.

Ah well, at least it's better than what Nuts and Bolts was when that was released.

That is indeed true.

Right, how the fuck do you use Medicine? I've bought it, I can see it in my inventory, and it won't let me use it!

Highlight it in the inventory menu, should auto-use it once pressing the inventory button again.

Completed this the other day, first game I got all the achievements for. Really fun and enjoyable, the story and characters were interesting. But I think it was a bit short, plus I didn't feel much like an assassin. I think the first one had a bit more difficulty, far crowded areas to kill 'bosses' and although repetitive it felt like I'd found the information out to get the next target. In the second one it was more spoon-fed.

Still really enjoyable, don't know if it has any replay value though.