NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

Finished this yesterday. I liked the ending. :) Seems there will be a third part.

Now I'm on to collecting all the feathers and glyphs and getting the platinum.

Got the Platinum just now :) My first one :D

It was a good game. Looking forward to the third one.

GRAAARRHHGHH curse those feathers, why do they make achievements for such tedious affairs!

Yeah i'm using an online guide but still, you just feel so low, like it's making the game less fun. I don't want the last memory of this game to be a fustrating feather hunt, but still I want to reach 1000G so I shouldn't complain really!

As I was going to collect the last feather I was holding my breath in case it wasn't there and I'd missed one.

Thank God it was there.

I remember having a similar issue when trying to find all the video tapes in The Godfather on Playstation 2. Never got round to finding them all, and I swear there was a reward for getting 100%. I guided it, only got 98/100, and had no inclination as to where the others were.

So gutting when it got to the last few, found the positions of them in the guide to find that they weren't there.

Developers should just scrap fruitless searching.

I completely agree, except I don't think the fighting is 'decent' at all.

I completely agree, except I don't think the fighting is 'decent' at all.

so you'd say his score was fair? I only ask because if you look on Metacritic it is bottom by quite some margin!

I don't really take into account scores. Why write 1000+ words and then try and some it up with a number.

I'd agree with it but relative to what they give other games, I wouldn't. They gave Prototype an 8.9 or something.

I don't really take into account scores. Why write 1000+ words and then try and some it up with a number.

I'd agree with it but relative to what they give other games, I wouldn't. They gave Prototype an 8.9 or something.

Yeah I really agree with you and its something I always argue about when people slag off EDGE for their low scores, but very often what they write is hard to argue with.

Jim Sterling who reviewed AC2 for Destructoid has often spoken about (on the sites podcast) how its taken him longer to assign an arbitary number to his reviews than to actually write the thing.

My problem is consistency with scores. That is why I have big problem with Edge. If you are going to give a game a score make sure the scores are relative to a degree and consistent.

So you wouldn't recommend it to me?

I told the missus this is what she could get me for Christmas... *starts texting furiously*

It's not a bad game. However, it is nowhere near as good as people think it is and my biggest problem is that potentially this could have been a classic it ends up being just good.

I prefer the original Assassin's Creed all the way (I'm sure I'm in a minority of one here), a big part of that was because it was so fresh. This has dropped a lot of the good bits from the first game, added a lot of filler while a lot of the good bits from the first game have become dated. As my friend said, the first Assassin's Creed is a purer game, which I agree with.

Again, my view is based on a post-Uncharted 2 world. That game is another level. (Took me two play throughs to really appreciate it. The third playthrough was a joy.)

In short, you'll enjoy it but...

The one thing I prefer about the first over the second is the killing of normal people.

I know it's wrong for me to say that, but here it's kill 3 and you desynchronise which annoys me as from time to time I keep accidentally killing two at once or they run into a fight

The first one didnt penalise you for it