NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

Anyone else finding that stealth, and generally the whole Assassin's Creed, has pretty much been ignored?

Nope. I just played a mission where I had to be incredibly stealthy

Controls are annoying me now, keep getting caught with crappy camera angles and awkward jumps, especially on chases.

Nope. I just played a mission where I had to be incredibly stealthy

Really? Because I'm about 12 hours into it and bar having to follow some people without getting spotted, which is real easy, I've not had to be stealthy. At all.

Where abouts are you guys then?

Im:

Im in the middle of the Carnival, doing the 3 tasks to get the mask.

At the bit where you go forward in time and assassinate Hitler.

No point in putting spoilers if you aren't going to hint at roughly where you are.

Lol sorry, I did think about that after I posted

Its hard really, I can barely remember the name of the towns I visit or the people there. Looking at my trophies my last complete DNA sequence was 8 if that helps

lol, I just wanted to pretend spoil it in my spoiler. :heh:

I think I'm a bit behind you. Just got the 'Merchant of Venice' trophy.

I've had plenty of stealthy missions, basically every mission you can be stealthy if you want to. You can fight the guards just as easy too.

Yeah, I guess I just want the game to punish a bit more for not using stealth. It's just too easy.

Also, I miss the beeping for the first game which told you your suspicion level.

Just got to Rome, I think I am near the end. It really picked up after a few hours of tedium. I honestly thought about just selling it on ebay, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Its turned out very good.

Edit: Just completed it, three words spring to mind: What. The. Fuck.

Edited by MATtheHAT

Been playing this since Thursday, just got into Venice last night, spent most of my time renovating the villa and collecting codex pages for monies. Haven't really focused on any of the side-missions really. This is way better than the first one in allot of ways.

It doesn't, its 20 minutes of play.

Just finished chapter 8, gonna go to the library for a bit of study and then I'll be back to it!

Finished this last night....it was...weird..

just have the feathers and glyphs to get now.

They're different. Hard to recommend one over the other. Both are good.

So loved the first games setting and premise but hated the lack of variety and thought some of the mechanics were sloppy so gave up a few hours in...would I enjoy this?

I don't think it's very good tbh.

The fighting is poor. The animation is poor. The climbing is too rigid. The targeting is abysmal. The stealth is virtually non-existent. It is a linear game hiding in an open world.

The whole thing is the exact polar opposite of Uncharted.

They killed the best stuff from the first game. The planning for the assassinations. The actual assassinations. The death speeches. The pickpocketing. The whole swooping in for the kill (which I blame on the cities, the buildings are way too tall). Even the ability to actually get out of the Animus was much better.

Who the hell decided to put the goddamn 'climb jump catch' technique in? Utter rubbish. Breaks the flow.

When it works it is sublime, but it very very rarely does. When it does work something else rears its ugly head.

Also, what the hell happened to the beating pulse bleeping when guards were on alert? Way to take away clarity and tension.

The game is high in concept but shoddily executed. Even the shape of the rooves are are an issue. Gone are the flat, platform gagging flat tops and in their place, hillocks as far as the f*cking eye can see (about 10 metres).

Sony should buy the IP for Naughty Dog to fix.

Also, what is it with the stupid spinning 'The Truth' puzzles. That shit is so boring it could strip paint.

Did anyone else have problems with blocking with your sword? A lot of times when I got attacked it just didnt want to block properly until I had been hit a few times.

Just started this and its AWESOME!

love every little bit, its assassins creed with everything fixed plus tonnes of extra stuff that makes it so so good to play

I don't think it's very good tbh.

The fighting is poor. The animation is poor. The climbing is too rigid. The targeting is abysmal. The stealth is virtually non-existent. It is a linear game hiding in an open world.

The whole thing is the exact polar opposite of Uncharted.

They killed the best stuff from the first game. The planning for the assassinations. The actual assassinations. The death speeches. The pickpocketing. The whole swooping in for the kill (which I blame on the cities, the buildings are way too tall). Even the ability to actually get out of the Animus was much better.

Who the hell decided to put the goddamn 'climb jump catch' technique in? Utter rubbish. Breaks the flow.

When it works it is sublime, but it very very rarely does. When it does work something else rears its ugly head.

Also, what the hell happened to the beating pulse bleeping when guards were on alert? Way to take away clarity and tension.

The game is high in concept but shoddily executed. Even the shape of the rooves are are an issue. Gone are the flat, platform gagging flat tops and in their place, hillocks as far as the f*cking eye can see (about 10 metres).

Sony should buy the IP for Naughty Dog to fix.

Also, what is it with the stupid spinning 'The Truth' puzzles. That shit is so boring it could strip paint.

That's a pretty scathing review there Daft. I've finished R&C now but I'm tossing and turning over whether to trade it for AC2.

I don't agree with all he said, I think it's definitely a better game from the first one. I just love the whole italian theme.

The fighting is alright but I think the animation is spot on. The climbing is amazing and gives me an urge to climb everything i see.

And there's a lot of stealth, if you choose to use it. You can just run in guns blazing if you want and that works too.

Negative opinion.

I think he just wants that 'award'.

You can just run in guns blazing if you want and that works too.

Ha.

As negative as everything I wrote is, it's not a bad game. It just gets too much wrong...again.

I like, it just could be a lot better. I'm surprised Eurogamer gave it a 9/10. I think it's more a sold 8/10 for them.

Edit: Stupid game froze on me again.

Edited by Daft