NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

The locations look immensely more impressive and interesting. Although hopefully there's some variety this time.

I don't know why but I don't have any anitcipation for the game. I want to share the same excitement but I don't because... I have probably chosen the wrong word - but a bit generic? I don't know, I just look at the screens and they have quite dull colours.

those are scans (quite bad ones) not screens. The colour is bound to look muted.

It looked muted in the first in my opinion, unless there was more than one locale which I don't think there really was.

What about games like Fallout 3 and Killzone, with their wonderful color palate of Brown and Grey. With hues of other colors.

AC is lots of White with browns but still more vibrant than either of those.

What about games like Fallout 3 and Killzone, with their wonderful color palate of Brown and Grey. With hues of other colors.

AC is lots of White with browns but still more vibrant than either of those.

Killzone 2 is quite colourful actually thanks to its Crysis beating lighting. Fallout is pretty flat though. Every screen is see has the same colours.

For Assasins Creed i thought the first was fine. The repeating scenery and boring quests were the bigger issue.

The screens don't not do nothing for me either, it was like that with the first one too, it just looks realistically boring, like a virtual scale model. But I get really hyped for it when I see it in action, its all about the gameplay.

Edited by Shino

The screens don't do nothing for me either, it was like that with the first one too, it just looks realistically boring, like a virtual scale model. But I get really hyped for it when I see it action, its all about the gameplay.

So they do do something for you? ;)

Damn, your edit. I just love double negatives. :p

Actually, double, triple, the more the better!! :heh:

Killzone 2 is quite colourful actually thanks to its Crysis beating lighting. Fallout is pretty flat though. Every screen is see has the same colours.

For Assasins Creed i thought the first was fine. The repeating scenery and boring quests were the bigger issue.

From what I've seen, not that colorful, definitely not more colorful than Crysis, and even if it is, it's not because of the lighting system. The lighting system is the way it is because of deferred rendering, which is also used in Stalker, and stalker is not colorful despite that lighting. LBP also uses deferred rendering and is colorful.

Thing is I didn't find Fallout and Killzone boring to look out, because there's always lots of action and monuments and shizzle like that - more focal points and nice to look at. Whereas Assasins Creed is repetitive and doesn't really feature any large-scale stuff. Maybe I just don't like the setting.

From what I've seen, not that colorful, definitely not more colorful than Crysis, and even if it is, it's not because of the lighting system. The lighting system is the way it is because of deferred rendering, which is also used in Stalker, and stalker is not colorful despite that lighting. LBP also uses deferred rendering and is colorful.

Actually Crysis is much brighter/upbeat looking but sticks to the island theme for alot of the time(and the aline + freeze for an extreme change). KZ2 is more intentionaly down beat but it does use more 'colour' via lighting to spruce things up.

928377_20090220_screen001.jpg

928377_20090220_screen002.jpg

928377_20090220_screen005.jpg

928377_20090220_screen006.jpg

928377_20090202_screen005.jpg

Assassins Creed has lots of detail , my only issue is the repeating buildings and structures.

Edited by Choze

new screenshot

f1kunr.jpg

3477d6b.jpg

33oo8x4.jpg

2a5b1h1.jpg

2mhcy3b.jpg

2ckk78.jpg

4zubdt.jpg

2m833ow.jpg

1f8jk8.jpg

4u6w6t.jpg

w20keu.jpg

2s9xc42.jpg

Ubisoft is planning an E3 blowout at the Los Angeles Theater next month to announce its Holiday 2009 game lineup.

The France-based publisher and developer will pull the curtain back for Rabbids Go Home, Red Steel 2, Assassin's Creed II and some unannounced titles at the June 1 event. The invitation-only soiree will be rebroadcast on Ubisoft's Web site the following day, and IGN will have up-to-the-minute coverage from the show.

The event will be hosted by Joel McHale, star of The Soup on the E! network. Ubisoft's press release announcing the event did not mention whether Spaghetti Cat will be in attendance.

I cringed thinking about the 'new Altair' slipping in the penultimate picture. Owch.

Did anyone watch the Da Vinci Code on Five last night? It was laced with Assassin's Creed teasers (literally split second glimpses of Altair) and then some longer adverts. A bit early, perhaps...?

Yeah, I saw that. Thing is it kind of promotes the first Assassin's Creed game. It's probably a good idea to raise the series' profile a bit.

Maybe early, got me excited though. :heh:

This just in:

fuck AC2. Thief 4 confirmed.

Now now, we don't know yet if Theif 4 will be more like Theif 3 or Theif 1/2 or it may be like a shiny dog turd.

heh I jest really. Man thief 2 was amazing though...

So I've heard, I've only ever played a scant bit of 3 though. If 4 is like 3 though, I think I'd rather AC.

Hopefully though, with the announcement of Theif 4 perhaps Edios will decide to give a certain other franchise a much needed sequel. I want my Legacy of Kain dammit.

Watching CG really quelled my doubts about the first game...

Assassin's Creed II: Black Edition (Play.com UK Exclusive Collector's Edition)

The Assassin's Creed II: Black Edition (Play.com UK Exclusive Collector's Edition) Exclusive comes with:

Collectable black packaging with unique authentic holographic signature

Rare "Master Assassin" upgrade Ezio figurine (see image below) - this limited edition collectable figurine of Ezio wears an upgraded cloak, something Ezio only has access to in the advanced stages of the game.

3 in-game bonus quests - enter and explore the most prestigious moments of the Renaissance. Reveal mysterious unique artifacts hidden within their walls: Palazzo Medicis in Florence, Santa Maria Dei Frari and Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.

Conspiracy Book - this 64-page finely crafted leather style hardcover and parchment-finish page book brings together exclusive insights on the game art, story and background, direct from the developers of Assassin's Creed II. Secret faces are also revealed from the game's overarching conspiracy.

Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominee for "2009 Best Original Score in a Game")

All videos, behind-the-scene interviews and e-goodies about Assassin's Creed II.

Game features:

Explore the beginning of modern history in an epic story of power, revenge, and conspiracy

Master the art of the assassin with over 20 new weapons and inventions created by Leonardo da Vinci

Experience open world gameplay with over 16 types of mission

2djrpeu.jpg

Edited by Dante

Please tell me this game isn't just Firenze and Venezia aren't the only two cities in this game! I know them both far too well, it'll take the fun out of the exploration. :(

Oh, and I know there's Tuscan countryside, but Venezia is in Veneto, not Toscana...