NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

I have only once killed a civilian by mistake.

Had a cool experience yesterday, went to get a guarded codex page. There were four guards. I shot the first one, killed the next two with the blades at the same time, and as I was about to kill the last one, the mailman runs in and I kill both at the same time. Got a good 2k off him. Enjoyed it.

True but they had some vague, but rubbishly executed, point; gathering intel.

There's even more of that here except it's for... I have no idea.

If they kept the intel gathering idea and actually made the intel useful, then that would have been ace.

They always tell you exactly what to do, I would have like a little more freedom. Gathering intel, like where he was going to be and when, best way of attack etc. And then being able to follow it. Instead of having the thing say, go here to man here and kill here.

Also ZP has done his review on this. Was pretty good, his accent sounded different though.

Playing this but nothing remarkable yet. Its pretty much the first game but abit better.

If I have never played the 1st game should I get that first or skip it and get this?

My Mum just went into town to get me Assassin's Creed II for the 360, as Christmas present. She rang me because there were two different versions and she didn't know which. Apparently the guy in the store said that one allowed you to play multiplayer online and the other version didn't.

Wtf was he talking about?

My Mum just went into town to get me Assassin's Creed II for the 360, as Christmas present. She rang me because there were two different versions and she didn't know which. Apparently the guy in the store said that one allowed you to play multiplayer online and the other version didn't.

Wtf was he talking about?

Could one have been a special edition version and the normal one? Ive read the special edition one comes with a extra mission or something? Maybe he ment that?

Or maybe the guy was just on crack...?

Got this title for Christmas. First initial thoughts are: Much better than the original. There are even unlockable items ready for download once you have a few achievements, which is nice. Shall report more the further i get into the game.

Just got this from my cousin yesterday...he's lending it to me cos he's already finished it and got all the achievements the little geek!

Anyways, considering I haven't played the original, you guys reckon I'll enjoy this?

Just got this from my cousin yesterday...he's lending it to me cos he's already finished it and got all the achievements the little geek!

Anyways, considering I haven't played the original, you guys reckon I'll enjoy this?

Yep, that is all i can say to this so far. It is a great title. But, you ought to have played the first title to fully enjoy this title.

Currently working on acquiring some money from the re-development in the 2nd town. It's not too bad, using what money i have to increase the value.

I feel a certain element of this game hasn't be lauded enough: the soundtrack. True it's Jesper Kyd and his work is always great, but the way that key motifs are woven throughout ACII is exceptional and mixed well in the game itself.

If you need an audio aid this is Ezio's Family from the official soundtrack:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That audio clip was fantastic, I'm thinking of picking it just because of that.

I'm so glad I decided to cancel my pre-order of the Black Edition.

I think this game is bloody brilliant. I may not of have played the first so that's probably the reason I'm enjoying this one so much since this is what people said the first should have been like.

Just started this tonight, and its ok. Hated the beginning but starting to like it a bit. Lets see how this one goes.

I think this game is bloody brilliant. I may not of have played the first so that's probably the reason I'm enjoying this one so much since this is what people said the first should have been like.

Aye, this is what the first title should have been like. Much less Desmond/Out of the Animus and more inside/exploring as the ancestor(s).

I cannot believe how much there is to do. So far, i've played 40+ hours and am on Memory 9/10. Only got 8 achievements left to unlock, and thet are story-based only including all 100 feathers and the rest of the memories.

If they kept the intel gathering idea and actually made the intel useful, then that would have been ace.

exactly my thoughts. id have liked to have an option to properly plan assassinations before going in, using intel gathered, maybe guard patterns, routs of entry and hidden passages, would have improved thing a little.

still a great game mind.

Did a final push today on this, acquiring the remaining feathers, opening all the chests and retrieving all non-story based achievements (only because they looked interesting to do). Did the last 3 memory achievements (basically, got all achievements first play-through).

Without spoiling it, i especially enjoyed the last 2 memories.

not liking this now. too annoying. might leave it until i feel the need to play it again...which is gonna be a long time. Why do I never get on with Ubsoft games? I hate the presentation, graphics, storyline, and controls of this game. There are no tutorials that ease you into the controls and when free running, i always end up jumping huge gaps and landing which decreases health. How could I have seen that massive chasm? Why can't the camera pan out slightly giving a better view? There are so many little things about this game that piss me off.

Ubisoft can fuck off.