NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

Never really played the first one a lot but all my friends said it was boring.

Never really played the first one a lot but all my friends said it was boring.

As a free roamer it is. Its the main assasinations that keep the game going. I never bothered with anything else and thats when i got back into it.

Free roaming is a curse at times.

You must have been playing a different game.

Didn't quite work there.

Can someone remind me what happened at the end of Assasins?

Didn't quite work there.

Can someone remind me what happened at the end of Assasins?

Some magical or alien artifact thingy. Bring back memories?

Some magical or alien artifact thingy. Bring back memories?

Yer, that bit went completely over the top of my head.

Basically: The world is going to end in 2012. The Assassins are trying to prevent it while the Tempests or whatever are launching some satellite with some odd mind control device in it on the day the world is due to end.

Game Informer Info (?).

• - You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe thing, and 2 smaller blades
  • - You CAN swim
  • - Da Vincis workshop is in the game
  • - Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
  • - The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
  • - So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
  • -You will see the countryside of Tuscany
  • - The "Auditore" family is mentioned
  • - The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
  • - He is a nobleman of Florence
  • - Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
  • - YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.
  • and thats just what I got from the pictures. I'll let you know more details as I read more.
  • - Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
  • - You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
  • - each weapon has a special move.
  • - 16 unique mission types.
  • - No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
  • - If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain ful strength.
  • - Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
  • - Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
  • - New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
  • - While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
  • - You can still climb towers and ride horses
  • - The Lorendo de Medici assassination is in the game.
  • - There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
  • - 240 people are working on this title.

The first AC had some astounding graphics and great music. Plus they did totally nail the atmosphere, but it was completely ruined by the same sub quests over and over again. Solve those problems and i'll buy this game.

Yeah, that was the main problem with the game. It was a great game though, great graphics and atmosphere that made you think you were there.

Another problem was the combat for me, repetitive like the side-quests. Improve these and i shall consider a purchase.

Game Informer Info (?).

• - You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe thing, and 2 smaller blades
  • - You CAN swim
  • - Da Vincis workshop is in the game
  • - Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
  • - The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
  • - So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
  • -You will see the countryside of Tuscany
  • - The "Auditore" family is mentioned
  • - The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
  • - He is a nobleman of Florence
  • - Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
  • - YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.
  • and thats just what I got from the pictures. I'll let you know more details as I read more.
  • - Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
  • - You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
  • - each weapon has a special move.
  • - 16 unique mission types.
  • - No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
  • - If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain ful strength.
  • - Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
  • - Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
  • - New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
  • - While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
  • - You can still climb towers and ride horses
  • - The Lorendo de Medici assassination is in the game.
  • - There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
  • - 240 people are working on this title.

If this is true, that sounds epic. I'm only a bit dissapointed they got rid of pickpocketing. That was a lot of fun.

Meet Assassin's Creed II's New Assassin

assassins2.jpg

Meet Ezio, the new white-clad contract killer taking over for Altair in Assassin's Creed II.

Issue 103 of Game Informer magazine should be hitting store shelves next week, featuring the world exclusive reveal of Assassin's Creed II, with Ezio dramatically posing on the front cover. Ezio is a young noble who lost his family to rival families and is out for revenge, or at least I am assuming he's out for revenge. He could be just fine with it, having wanted to be an assassin anyway.

You can find more details in our rundown of the information from the magazine article. Just be sure to replace any instances of "Altair" with "Ezio" and we're golden.

http://kotaku.com/5206809/meet-assassins-creed-iis-new-assassin

He looks a lot like Altair.....AWESOME! :D

Screenshots!!

48697.jpg

48712.jpg

48711.jpg

48710.jpg

48708.jpg

48707.jpg

48706.jpg

48704.jpg

48703.jpg

48698.jpg

48705.jpg

Just looks epic.

Ahh cant see! Cant see!

Countryside looks freakin' amazing! Reminds me of Ocarina of Time.

Playing the first one at the moment...cheers to the peeps who never used spoiler boxes!! :(

Currently replaying the first one too. It's so liberating just running around, it has to be the game with more freedom of movement ever (in realistic settings).

Edited by Shino

I'm loving the look of the new assassin. Can't way to see how the story plays out in this one, guess it's showing him looking/discovering for the artifacts or something?

Wonder how it'll tie with Desmond and the modern day Templars :)

Looks damn impressive.

One or two scenes look like reworked models from the original, but that may just be my eyes. Video footage to see this in action should settle my decision to purchase this.

That actually annoyed me more than the repetition in AC. If you're walking like a geriatric old man, no matter how many weapons, you are innocent. If you're walking like a normal human or god forbid running, you must be upto something.

I don't know why but I don't have any anitcipation for the game. I want to share the same excitement but I don't because... I have probably chosen the wrong word - but a bit generic? I don't know, I just look at the screens and they have quite dull colours.