NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

ac2_kristen_bell-(1)_1024x683.jpg

Well...I had to really ;)

Kristen Bell will reprise her role as Lucy in the sequel.

Source: Joystiq

I love how it was Bell who completely spoiled the big twist of the first game.

Going from initial screenshots it looked like it was set in the past but part was set in the present/future wasn't it? There you go.

The details were a secret (the whole genetic memory) but the general idea was basically impossible for Ubi to keep a secret.

It was touted as a twist pre-release, but in reality it's something that you find out within the first few minutes. It's the conceit the game's entire plot is based around, so I'm not sure why we were supposed to be surprised by it.

If Lucy is still going to be around then it's fairly safe to assume there will sill be segments where you play as Desmond. I hope they flesh those out a bit more this time as in the first game they played out like the world's most simplistic adventure game.

The twist would have been great if it wasn't revealed in the first 5 minutes. Imagine if they had made the big revelation more progressive and the memory glitches more subtle, it would be one of those great wtf moments in video games.

It was touted as a twist pre-release, but in reality it's something that you find out within the first few minutes.

Actually, you find out about it even before the first minutes. All you have to do is open the manual as soon as you open the box. It's all right there. I know almost no one reads manuals, but I do. Always have, always will read manuals before playing.

New screens:

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

ac2_kristen_bell-(1)_1024x683.jpg

Well...I had to really ;)

Kristen Bell will reprise her role as Lucy in the sequel.

Source: Joystiq

I love how it was Bell who completely spoiled the big twist of the first game.

This quote from another board makes me laugh.

Ubi also sent over like a dozen pics of Kristen Bell just sitting there instead of more screens of the game

Edge spoils the first few mins storyline details.

+Each mission leads into the next one, you might meet a target before he becomes a target and by the time you have to assassinate him you will know all about him, this replaces the investigative sections. The same applies to locations.

+ Blend has been replaced by a fast walk, holding A enables you to quickly escape the scene of a crime, or the gaze of a guard, without breaking cover, or social conventions.

+ Courtesans can surround Ezio as a distraction (as we know) but can also be sent to specific to targets to flirt/dance etc. similar to that seen in the E3 CG trailer.

+ Day night cycle is active during free roaming, but is set during story missions.

+ There is more variety in buildings than in ACI and climbing requires preparation and route planning for the more complicated structures that resemble puzzles.

+ Agile Warrior enemies can easily dodge attacks, brutes attacks are unblockable until they have been tired out and weakened.

+ Ezio can pick up and dispose of bodies.

+ It is now possible with more assassinations to be completely undiscovered, and not be chased.

+ Ezio owns a family villa in the town of Monteriggioni, when you first see it it is ruined, but if you invest money you boost the economy and gain a regular income from the town (ala bruce wayne via fable II) although it is capped to prevent you gaining massive amounts of gold. Pictures of slain targets decorate the walls, and you can also display paintings and weapons bought from shops. The villa also acts as weapon and item storage.

+ Armour degrades in combat and must be repaired at a blacksmith.

+ The hidden blade (broken when you first find it) receives many modifications, including defensive plates for attack deflection and finally the gun.

+ Upgrades are acquired often, and the idea is to keep the player guessing and the rules changing, so you cant get bored.

The Edge preview actually has me excited for this again. Quite some feat, given my disposition to stab anyone remotely responsible for the first game in the fuck by the end of it.

Previews:

Gamespot.

IGN.

1UP.

Assassin's Creed 2 gets 9/10 in OXM

The new issue of OXM went on sale today with the world's first ever review of Assassin's Creed 2 - which we liked so much we slapped a 9/10 score on it.

OXM's Mike Channell was the first non-Ubisoft person in the world to complete the game, the company tells us, and he was impressed. It addresses nearly all the gripes we had with the original game, including all that artificial flag-collecting nonsense, and delivers a brilliant single-player experience that's built around a cracking story.

We can't say any more 'cos it's all embargoed, so pick up the new issue for all the juicy details. it's in stores now, or you can buy a single issue online.

So has everyone seen the special editions?

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/preorder.php

Blimey. Got to say, I am tempted by the Black Edition! £59.99 on PC, which is just about bearable. Just need to find out if the PC version is any good and whether or not it works well with the 360 pad (some games don't, Riddick being a prime example).

EDIT: Actually, sod that. The cheapest price on PC is £22.99, no way am I putting down an extra £37. It'd have to be one hell of a special edition to make me that stupid.

Edited by McPhee

I'll never understand why people buy special editions like that.

It also really annoys me that companies withhold game content like that unless people also shell out for a useless statue and other such bollocks.

£70 is out of my price range. I trust the main game will keep me going witout the bonus missions which will likely come out as DLC soon after launch.

More tempted to get this special edition Just a couple extra quid for a bonus DLC:

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Adventure/Adventure/~r344313/Assassins-Creed-II-Special-Edition/

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Game have started processing my pre-order. Theoretically, I could get this Tuesday. Depends when they ship it

I ordered the black edition. It's sold out. I might cancel it.

Edit: Just cancelled it. Going to trade in Uncharted 2.

Anyone know the best place to do this?

Edited by Daft

I sold mine to a friend. Otherwise, Cex is a good bet for trade ins. Or eBay it.

Btw I want that BL co-op trophy!