N-Europe

Make your own games or not?

Eaglecary

Many people have ideas for making their own games but we want to get the point across to the big N. We aim to get enough people interested in the idea to proove to the big N that it would be of their best interests to make one and possibly even have a channel dedicated to it. All you need do is answer the simple question.

(In the context of 'we' I mean 'me and my colleagues'): peace:

Best way to get Nintendo or any publisher to take your game idea you need to make a prototype and then try and sell it it them (wear your lucky pants, you'll need them - most companies don't take ideas due to IP issues).

Or am I completely not grasping this thread?

Many people have ideas for making their own games but we want to get the point across to the big N. We aim to get enough people interested in the idea to proove to the big N that it would be of their best interests to make one and possibly even have a channel dedicated to it. All you need do is answer the simple question.

(In the context of 'we' I mean 'me and my colleagues'): peace:

Is there supposed to be a link provided? You mention you and your colleagues, which makes you think you're working on a project of some kind?

Anyway, my answer to your question is yes. Whether or not that answers your question is something else, but to me, yes is a positive response and you seem like an OK guy. Don't want to hurt your feelings or anything.

If I take the thread title literally, then I'd say yes, I have tried making my own games and failed. Terribly complex procedure trying to get an RPG up and running on a console which doesn't have dev kits and all you have is a basic engine. That and people wanting large sums of money to licence out their engines to you. :shakehead Quit trying when someone wanted £1000 for an engine which is free to use and download.

Presume that's what you were getting at. If not then ::shrug:

I would assume the original post is alluding to Nintendo rolling out a cross between XNA Community Games and a WYSIWYG interface so that Wii owners could create and distribute their own games; something along the lines of Microsoft's upcoming Kodu, I'd guess.

In other words this is an obfuscated petition thread, or "lost cause" as I like to call them.

i think he is talking about having a channel dedicated so that ANYBODY can make games for it and display them on the channel...

if you get me..

He wants to gather people to get an interest in it..

i think..

I would assume the original post is alluding to Nintendo rolling out a cross between XNA Community Games and a WYSIWYG interface so that Wii owners could create and distribute their own games; something along the lines of Microsoft's upcoming Kodu, I'd guess.

In other words this is an obfuscated petition thread, or "lost cause" as I like to call them.

exactly :) better worded than me too

erm, going on what i think this was about...

a wii version of little big plannet would be nice, obviously impossible due to exclusivity, but allowing players to design there own levels in a few different genres would be fun.

making your own game is far to complex, going back to little big plannet, even using a very user friendly interface like that, designed for ease, its very easy to run into snags, and thats with the limitation of just platform games, given more freedom, there is more possibilty for error.