NEurope

Denpa Ningen a new 3DS Download Software from Genius Sonority, from what I've seen in the trailer, you catch "Denpa Ningen's" by using the 3DS camera. then make a team to fight other monsters. this looks like a pretty quirky RPG. it's going to be released in Japan on the 8th (next thursday) for ¥800. however they're getting the demo for this game tomorrow.

here's the 1st trailer:

Hm. Think I'll keep an eye out for this one. Looks like it might be a dungeon crawler though.

Has there been any news on the Sega Virtual Console games? When they were first announced it sounded like they'd come out when the eShop launched, but I've not seen anything mentioned since.

Sonic Triple Trouble has been rated so looks like we should start seeing them soon.

That Denpa Ningen looks weird yet cool - just what I like to see. :hehe:

Looks like it might be a dungeon crawler though.

Have you gone off the boil for dungeon crawling?

Just beat Kid Icarus, what a game!!! Brilliant blend of difficulty, power ups and brilliant bosses! The first time you do everything it seems hard as nails, then once you practice and figure out patterns you can just pull through. Great 3D overhaul aswell, very impressed with the crispness of it all, could have been a brand new game.

Quite short... took me 5 hours and 21 mins to complete but im stupidly excited for the 3DS sequel. And apparently theres one for the Gameboy too? Called Kid Icarus: Myths and Monsters which i will deffo pick up if we get an e-Shop release.

Anyone else played it?

I know what I fancy - a new Etrian Odyssey! (This comment is not as random as it sounds, but inspired by all this talk of dungeon-crawlers!)

Anyway, about Kid Icarus 3D Classics... For me, it has the worst type of difficulty level - that is to say, one that you can spend a long time on and then fail. I did the first three stages, but level 1-4 is more problematic. Maybe it's my fault for being OCD, but I want to rescue all the soldiers/warriors (whatever they are). However, I only collected 7 mallets (not for lack of trying), so have to go backwards and forwards buying more in the dungeon. Then those bloomin' wizards turn me into an eggplant and I have to get myself cured, only the journey to do so could result in failure as I still only have two squares of health. By which time I need to buy more health, so have to spend more time gathering currency and then go back to the shop...

Also, I didn't pick up the barrel so can't carry many health potions, etc, etc. I hate to moan about a free game, but it got to the point where it just seemed the opposite of fun. Or am I just misunderstanding it?

EDIT - Actually, forget that. I don't know why I'm setting unrealistic targets. I'll just try and complete it "imperfectly".

Edited by Grazza

We have differing opinions of the game it seems! I never picked up the barrell, didn't know what most of the items did anyway, just blasted through and bought some extra health when i needed it.

Those levels may seem long but theyre really not, if you die it will only take you a miniute to get back to where you were. Its checkpointless gaming at its best!

Then those bloomin' wizards turn me into an eggplant and I have to get myself cured

I didn't.... know.... you could.... how?? :shakehead

Everytime one of those sods hit me with an Egg plant i would commit suicide.

I didn't.... know.... you could.... how?? :shakehead

Everytime one of those sods hit me with an Egg plant i would commit suicide.

Seriously? You just go to the "Hospital", which admittedly you wouldn't know was a hospital the first time you went in there, because there is no nurse until you get turned into an egglant... It's a very, very idiosyncratic game!

Like I say though, I'm going to try and do it without being "perfect". It was probably my fault for trying to rescue everyone.

Seriously? You just go to the "Hospital", which admittedly you wouldn't know was a hospital the first time you went in there, because there is no nurse until you get turned into an egglant... It's a very, very idiosyncratic game!

Like I say though, I'm going to try and do it without being "perfect". It was probably my fault for trying to rescue everyone.

Ohh THOSE rooms, with the Medical symbols in the top corner? They were so few and far between i think i made the right choice topping myself.

Those cherubs come in handy during the boss fights actually, apart from the last one, in which they're about as useful as a Nettos carrier bag caught up in a blustery day.

Its all about the platforming, and getting to go face to face with those narky witches again once you've powered up so you can blow their screeching little heads off!

But did you rescue all the cherubs, @Eightbit? How did you afford all the mallets?

I didn't rescue them all, just the ones en-route to the boss room, so i had around six or seven with me each time,possibly more. I never had to buy any mallets, there are a couple of occasions in the game where you pick up a harp which turns all enemies on the screen into mallets. And if you start scaling the climb quick enough during this period, the enemies that were due to pop onto the screen turn into mallets too. I think i got around twenty five mallets in the whole game from doing this.

Do the cherubs look like old men to you by the way?

OK, thanks. I've got 7 mallets, so maybe I'll make do with them, or perhaps buy three more.

Do the cherubs look like old men to you by the way?

Nope. :heh:

I wouldn't worry about rescuing them all, I found they don't help that much. Or at least all of mine died pretty quickly on the first boss battle.

The game does hate you and is out to get you. To be able to afford most of the items you need the credit card which you have to win from them treasure room mini game which itself is almost impossible to win (I have won it once or twice but proceeded to die shortly after :heh:)

The stages do get easier thankfully.

I am glad we got it plenty of time before Uprising because now I understand more of the references.

Have you gone off the boil for dungeon crawling?

For some reason I though it looked like one of the Mystery Dungeon style games which I'm not a big fan of (admittedly only briefly played the Pokemon games) but I realised later on it doesn't at all. Must've been tired yesterday :laughing:

However on second viewing I do know what it looks like now. Dragon Quest IX.

I was way too harsh on Kid Icarus before. Just done levels 1-4 and 2-1. I put my problems down to being a perfectionist, as the stage is really not that hard (did the boss first time). Level 2-1 was bountiful - I got three power-ups just in that stage! Two were arrow upgrades ("Here, Take This") and one was from succeeding at the Training Chamber. I was surprised to offered all three rewards again, as I already took the Bow in Level 1-3.

OK, I completed Kid Icarus, so thanks to @Eightbit for the moral support! It's a strange game, but there's a lot to like: crisp graphics, responsive controls and some pretty decent platforming overall. It's funny how levels 1-1 to 1-4 are the hardest. After that, it's a breeze.

I can certainly understand how it might have been hard for Nintendo to make a modern version. Which bits to keep? Which not to? Which genre was the original and which genre should the new one be? All difficult questions, in my opinion.

But anyway, quite a nice game, and I might play it again. Thanks Nintendo!

No problem Grazza, anything to help people get the most out of their gaming!

Yeah the difficulty curve is totally backwards and i suppose that gives you the feeling of getting better and stronger as you go along!

No problem Grazza, anything to help people get the most out of their gaming!

That's the spirit and why I love this place - everyone seems so nice and helpful. :)

Yeah the difficulty curve is totally backwards and i suppose that gives you the feeling of getting better and stronger as you go along!

That's an interesting take. I like!

In many ways, Uprising is actually a logical sequel to the NES Kid Icarus. The original game was the first real genre bender, combining elements of just about every major Nintendo series (Vertical stages = Ice Climbers & Metroid, Side Scrolling platforming stages = Mario, Dungeons = Zelda & Metroid etc) into one big great melting pot.

So naturally, a sequel (I'm ignoring Of Myths and Monsters in this circumstance, which was basically a "more of the same" deal) would also blend wildly varying types of genres together - which is where we get Sin & Punishment meets Metroid Prime Hunters meets Super Smash Bros!

It also continues the trend of having a unique difficulty curve, since it is completely user adjustable!

I'm getting increasingly worried about Sakura Samurai. :hmm:

Still no trace of it on NoE's website, and I was initially expecting a simultaneous release with the US eShop. :shakehead

Not cool if we don't get this game in Europe, Nintendo... :(

I didn't expect a simultaneous release, but I thought that Nintendo would at the very least provide us with a date. but we should know more very soon. the only Downloadable coming next Thursday is Kirby's Block Ball (so far).

By the way, does anyone spend their stars on Club Nintendo!? there once was a time where I was actually interested in spending my stars. but now there's nothing that interests me, the NA Club Nintendo provides downloadable rewards, meaning NA club members can spend their 'Coins' on a selection of eshop|Wii shop channel rewards which I think is a really good idea.

personally we should be able to spend our stars on eshop vouchers/cards (like the Wii/DSi points card) to make purchases on the eShop, or certain eShop games. what makes it worse is that NA only started their Club Nintendo Scheme in 2008, yet it seems that the service they provide is better than the EU, which started almost a decade ago.

Edited by -Dem0-

By the way, does anyone spend their stars on Club Nintendo!? there once was a time where I was actually interested in spending my stars. but now there's nothing that interests me, the NA Club Nintendo provides downloadable rewards, meaning NA club members can spend their 'Coins' on a selection of eshop|Wii shop channel rewards which I think is a really good idea.

personally we should be able to spend our stars on eshop vouchers/cards (like the Wii/DSi points card) to make purchases on the eShop, or certain eShop games. what makes it worse is that NA only started their Club Nintendo Scheme in 2008, yet it seems that the service they provide is better than the EU, which started almost a decade ago.

Nah, I think ours is still better. Though free games would be nice, I'd rather get stuff that we can't buy normally (galaxy soundtrack, the SNES controller etc). Nearly got enough stars for the Mario statue or a Game & Watch just can't decide which one to get.

Although I was disappointed the Zelda Posters were just actually desktop wallpapers.

Mario statue or a Game & Watch just can't decide which one to get.

What seriously!? I didn't know, there's a link statue for 15,000 stars!, but Mario!? wow.

OK, I completed Kid Icarus, so thanks to @Eightbit for the moral support! It's a strange game, but there's a lot to like: crisp graphics, responsive controls and some pretty decent platforming overall. It's funny how levels 1-1 to 1-4 are the hardest. After that, it's a breeze.

I can certainly understand how it might have been hard for Nintendo to make a modern version. Which bits to keep? Which not to? Which genre was the original and which genre should the new one be? All difficult questions, in my opinion.

But anyway, quite a nice game, and I might play it again. Thanks Nintendo!

I got this last week. My only real experience with the game was the 90 second preview on Smash Bros. Brawl so this was my first time with it.

2hrs 26mins it took me to beat. Had to get used to the jumping as it felt slightly strange to me - found it difficult to always land where I wanted at first.

It does get much easier as you go on doesn't it? Partly because of your upgrades but secondly, because the level design feels more forgiving too - except the dungeons but they can grinded for items and stuff if you want to.

Those things that steal your upgradfes are annoying and took me while to realise it was them which was causing me to lose stuff. Then again, if the hadn't been taking my stuff, I'd have nothing to spend my hearts on.

I think making a pure 2D gameplay focused sequel would have been easy enough but yeah, the conversion to 3D seems more problematic when making design choices. But then I still think they could have gone with platformer with vertical styled levels - heck, they could reuse the Metroid engine again since I'm sure it would work well with the Other M inards.

heck, they could reuse the Metroid engine again since I'm sure it would work well with the Other M inards.

That depends on whether the assets to Other M belong to Nintendo or Team Ninja, and even if it did belong to Nintendo they still might not let Sakurai's team (Sora, was it?) use it since they're not first-party developers.

Europe's release list is up. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/nintendo_download_9th_february_2012_europe

Wii Virtual Console (Hooray!)

The King of Fighters '97 (Neo Geo, D4 Enterprise, 900pts)

3DS Virtual Console

Kirby's Block Ball (Game Boy, Nintendo, £2.70/€3) - Always wanted to play this, will buy

WiiWare

BurgerTime World Tour (Monkeypaw Games, 1000pts)

3DS Demo

CRUSH3D (SEGA, free)

DSiWare

Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party

Gaia's Moon (EnjoyUp Games, 200pts)

Still no Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai or VVVVVVV :mad:

Really liked Kirby's Block Ball on the Gameboy, think I'll have to get it again. Bargain at £2.70. :grin:

Yeah I'll be getting Block Ball too. Honestly though, three big 3DS-DS yet to be announced!? I still think that Mutant Mudds will be coming to us around April/May. what about VVVVVV? and Sakura Samurai should be available by now... :(