N-Europe

I Pity da Fools!

Retro_Link

OK, so with April Fools just around the corner, this is the place for all the rumours/news that seems to good to be true, and most probably is!

And first up, with what's surely an attempt to get in there first!...

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=4694

Zelda: Ocarina of Time coming to the Wii

Remake of the old N64 classic in the works

Apparently Nintendo is not done with the cool announcements. After announcing The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks last Wednesday at GDC, it seems like the Japanese firm has another huge announcement to make this week.

Late last night, our Japanese contact over at Nintendo sent us word about something really exciting: a Wii remake of the one of the greatest N64 games ever produced: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. We were also told that an official announcement would be made around April 5, which is the North American launch of the Nintendo DSi.

While the whole announcement made us really excited, announcing the game alongside the launch of the DSi made us ask ourselves one question that went unanswered: Is it going to have some kind of DSi inter-connectivity?

Mark your calendars people and get ready for probably one of the most cool announcements of the year.

the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time.jpg

I saw the thread title and thought RedShell had something to share about Wii Music. :laughing:

That's the exact same thing I thought, too. :D

Ahh, Redshell has the power.

An Ocarina of Time remake: It'd fly off the shelves, that's for sure. Although, is it ready for a remake? I prefer to look back at the game in it's current form and think to myself "What a beast the N64 was?!"

Remember when the same rumour surfaced during the GC era?

It was true... sort of. We didn't get a remake, but we got Zelda: Collectors edition.

Perhaps we'll really get a remake this time?

I wouldn't rule it out. Plus all april's fools jokes are a fail if they're not posted on April 1st.

Not an April fools joke as such, but N64 magazine had an 'exclusive preview' of next years April cover one April (maybe 1999) and it had "Super ultimate swearing brothers" on the faux front cover after Shigsy stated that mario would grow up in the next installment. Banjo-Sixie was "previewed" and Jes Bickham was giving a hands on playtest to "Porta 64" which was an N64 machine that was portable (except it had no buttons or a screen...) Can't remember anything else but it was at the height of N64's comedy and it's a testament to how good it was that I still remember that much.

Couple of more than likely suspects...

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/articles/968/968498/vids_1.html

SSBB: X Violence

A clip leaked to IGN in an internal presentation points to WiiExpand downloadable content and a violent Smash Bros. Brawl add-on.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/12016

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Sega return to platforming roots with a new multi-format project, Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Recently snooping through Sega's FTP archive, whilst grabbing the files for The Conduit, we noticed new assets for a couple of games - including one particularly interesting one, Sonic the Hedgehog 4. We kid you not. It seems to be a high-definition 2D platformer starring Sonic, Tails, Chuckles [:nono: *lame*] and Eggman - oh, and the much loved Jet the Bird.

son4.jpg

Debut Trailer

Edited by Retro_Link

Umbrella Corporation requests bailout

WASHINGTON, D.C.--Executives from the Umbrella Corporation today asked the US government for nearly $100 billion in aid money. They said that without such funding, the world's largest pharmaceutical bioterrorism researcher could go bankrupt as early as June. It would be the company's second bankruptcy, having restructured several years ago after running a gauntlet of lawsuits and criminal investigations.

"This isn't just about keeping the Umbrella family together, or making sure our 10,000 employees have paychecks to put food on the table," Umbrella founder Ozwell E. Spencer said in an impassioned speech to the US Senate earlier today. "It's about hope. It's about mom, baseball, and apple pie. It's about keeping the United States at the forefront of exciting fields such as pharmaceutically mind-controlled supersoldiers."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6207121.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1