NEurope

this isn't gonna be like Halo 3 all over again where there was some shit over people getting banned for playing it early or something daft IIRC lolol.

That was for playing an illegal copy a month before the game's release.

Haha, a lad I know has got a lifetime ban for having/playing an illegal copy... yes, the copy I played at his.

I told him he shouldn't play it before release date, but still, oh well.

That's why I won't get mine chipped!

I've been meaning to post here for ages. Since the infamous terrorist footage came out...So here's where MW2 lies with me. I am still boycotting it because of the ludicrous RRP! However the terrorist footage has actually made me stand up and notice. I'm not one for pouring hours and hours into a multiplayer game, mostly because I tend to not be good enough at them. I will put time in but not for a title where the best of the best just kick everyone elses ass! With CoD4 the single player didn't really seem to do much for me at all hence why I'm not really interested in picking up MW2.

The terrorist scene has single handedly convinced me that Infinity Ward presumably with Activision's blessing are trying to do something new and interesting for those who want to experience in the single player story. They didn't have to do this at all, its not like they aren't gonna sell a ton of copies anyway...they could shovel out any kind of crap for the sequel and will sell on name and reputation alone...but they didn't and they do deserve praise for that...

Also hate the fact how this game is being dealt with as some kind of special case with GAME offering free courier delivery due to the postal strikes...what about all the other new release game deliveries threatened by it.

I've been meaning to post here for ages. Since the infamous terrorist footage came out...So here's where MW2 lies with me. I am still boycotting it because of the ludicrous RRP! However the terrorist footage has actually made me stand up and notice. I'm not one for pouring hours and hours into a multiplayer game, mostly because I tend to not be good enough at them.

Would you still boycott even if ASDA are going to be selling it for a rumoured £27

Would you still boycott even if ASDA are going to be selling it for a rumoured £27

No I wouldn't but don't get paid till the friday so doubt they will have any by the....

They will be taking a big loss on that would have thought...dealer price will be way up in the £30+ bracket at least I would have thought.

Cant wait. By the way is it worth going to GAME launch events? Will they have anything special there like swag or something?

I find it funny there still people claiming they are boycotting the game. But then saying they'll buy it second hand or cheap. Either boycott the game or dont.

Cant wait. By the way is it worth going to GAME launch events? Will they have anything special there like swag or something?

I find it funny there still people claiming they are boycotting the game. But then saying they'll buy it second hand or cheap. Either boycott the game or dont.

People are boycotting the game as to not give Activision any money for it. Not because they don't want to play it. Buying it used is the same thing.

As much as i love eminem and cod, they dont mix very well in an advert, i wanted somethin a bit more atmospheric and dark lol

WOOO NOT LONG HASDYHASDHASYDASDG!!

Why boycott this game? Its gonna be one of the most fun online games 360 has ever had! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as i love eminem and cod, they dont mix very well in an advert, i wanted somethin a bit more atmospheric and dark lol

WOOO NOT LONG HASDYHASDHASYDASDG!!

Why boycott this game? Its gonna be one of the most fun online games 360 has ever had! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Havn't you heard? Activision are EEEEEEEVIL!!!

dr-evil2.jpg

People are boycotting the game as to not give Activision any money for it. Not because they don't want to play it. Buying it used is the same thing.

Yeah what he said...I don't want to give Activision my money because of their attitude and new found whoreing out franchises wholesale business approach...I've said it tons of time they are the new old EA. (EA yes do churn out yearly titles but they also do more original IP and do at have a high quality to them. I don't think Activision quite care as much at the moment.) but if I can buy it used cheap I would and not give them the money. I'll only stop at pirating it cos thats not right.

Havn't you heard? Activision are EEEEEEEVIL!!!

dr-evil2.jpg

Arnt all big companies?

I just want my game NOOOOOOWW

So i've just got an email from GAME. My copy is on it's way. Sent tonight via parcel force!

So much for activision not letting companies send it out early! I'm hoping for saturday delivery so I can sit in my pants all day and play it :)

The delivery companies are keeping them till Tuesday, don't get your hopes up.

How will the delivery company know what is inside? Surely they will just receive a packaged item and just deliver as normal unless GAME have stated to them not to be delivered till tuesday.

unless GAME have stated to them not to be delivered till tuesday.

That's essentially what they're doing.

So i've just got an email from GAME. My copy is on it's way. Sent tonight via parcel force!

So much for activision not letting companies send it out early! I'm hoping for saturday delivery so I can sit in my pants all day and play it :)

They did this with GTA, sent them out a while before. Your package will be barcoded so they kno wen to deliver!

Was going for the PC version but it appears it will be as customizable as a toothpick. And since it is basically the xbox 360 game with mouse and keyboard controls added as a 'feature' screw them I'll get it for 360.

MW2 PC much worse than you thought

Yeah exactly what happened with GTA IV and that didn't turn up till the day of release...

I got mine sent out on Wednesday night. Still hasn't arrived. So i'm guessing they were told to hold delivery until Monday.

To go along with this whole 'pre-order war' ShopTo are now not only giving you free courier delivery but also they have guaranteed it before 12 on ur doorstep!

I'm assuming all previous pre-orders for it will be upgrated to that considering i pre-ordered with shopto ages ago.

It's funny that the main reason for all of this (the Postal Strike) has now been called off.

Yeah now that there are no more postal strike the upgrade mail business is just kind of funny.

Buying the game in any form is not a boycot! Also i find it funny how they effectively killed off pc gaming with this game.

Edited by Choze

Yeah now that there are no more postal strike the upgrade mail business is just kind of funny.

Buying the game in any form is not a boycot! Also i find it funny how they effectively killed off pc gaming with this game.

It is...I don't want activision to get my money so I'd rather buy it preowned off someone and let them have the money....

Apperently some people who have ordered this from Play and Tesco have recieved their copy already. Is this true??