NEurope

lol, that got removed quick.

Oh well. :(

It was gunner helicopter footage.

you mean player controlled chopper fire?

Yeah like that mission from MW.

oh the gunship thing. Yeah we saw that a while back. That should be *immensely* satisfying.

So people with both consoles, what platform you getting it on?

After alot of thought (and it was a tough one) i have decided to get it on 360...

After alot of thought (and it was a tough one) i have decided to get it on 360...

Same here. I still prefer Live to PSN and most my mates are getting the 360 version aswell.

I think Live is generally the swinger. I know my Edge forum crowd is going to be about 90% 360 come launch.

PS3 fo sho.

My gold account is due to run out soon anyway, and I doubt I will be re-newing it.

360 defo as i dont own a ps3 :P and theres a HUAGEE crew of us gettin on this, cant wait :D

I might actually boycott the game for a while (see how strong my will is :(), not happy with the removal of dedicated servers for PC. This type of game is crying out for keyboard and mouse, not thumbsticks.

PS3 certainty. If I buy it at all. I don't know why anyone would get the 360 version of they have a PS3. MS need to learn, and quick, that is has to stop charging for online.

PS3 certainty. If I buy it at all. I don't know why anyone would get the 360 version of they have a PS3. MS need to learn, and quick, that is has to stop charging for online.

As I said before, ALL of my mates are buying this game as are my 11 and 14 year old nephews and their mates. We all have 360s and we all have Live it makes sense for me to get the 360 version plus the 360 gets the DLC earlier. Also I prefer the 360 pad and party chat FTW, shame IW put a stop to it in certain game types.

A point, Live as a service is better than PSN. This comes from 2 things, MS has had more time to work on it(from 2002? with Xbox) and the money from subscribers helping the upkeep.

There is also the fact that if 10 of my firends are playing on 360, and 2 are on PS3....unless I like those 2 5 times as much as the other 10 I'd go with the console featuring more people.

I might actually boycott the game for a while (see how strong my will is :(), not happy with the removal of dedicated servers for PC. This type of game is crying out for keyboard and mouse, not thumbsticks.

that's true...

if you're a pussy :kiss:

I don't know why so many people get irate over Live subs- it works out at something around 2p a day. How is that too much? The features and user base more than justify the price imo.

also: ps3 pad fail!

I'll be picking it up on the 360 as well. After the debacle that was Killzone 2's controls, I think I'll stay away from FPSs on the PS3 as I just can't work with the controller for those kinds of games, yet strangely I find the PS3's controller better for third person titles like Uncharted in comparison to say Gears of War. With the 360's pad, I'm better so that's the main reason. That and friends getting it on the 360.

As I said before, ALL of my mates are buying this game as are my 11 and 14 year old nephews and their mates. We all have 360s and we all have Live it makes sense for me to get the 360 version plus the 360 gets the DLC earlier. Also I prefer the 360 pad and party chat FTW, shame IW put a stop to it in certain game types.

Yeah I get that. Also agree with the pad being better. I guess I just try and play on the 360 as little as possible.

A point, Live as a service is better than PSN. This comes from 2 things, MS has had more time to work on it(from 2002? with Xbox) and the money from subscribers helping the upkeep.

How is it better? Feels no different to me. I like some of the features on Xbox, like seeing nice pictures of your friends and what they're playing etc. But this doesn't make the games better to play online.

How is it better? Feels no different to me. I like some of the features on Xbox, like seeing nice pictures of your friends and what they're playing etc. But this doesn't make the games better to play online.

Party Chat makes online stuff better. Especially as you don't all have to be playing the same game.

Well, you can be playing playing MW, and your best buddies are all playing Halo or GoW or something singleplayer. Party Chat lets you talk to em all regardless. Also, joining friends on Live is a lot easier to do than on PSN.

How does it? Serious question, never used it?

It makes talking to your friends easier, its laffin

You can go thru ya friends list pressin X on who you want, they press one button and get into ur chat, it makes life simple thats why its good

Edited by Bren

Ah, okay. Nice feature, but one I'll never use and one that still isn't worth the live fee

that's true...

if you're a pussy :kiss:

Did I just get blown a kiss... and its not my birthday? Result. ;)

bah i love and hate piracy, modern warfare 2's already on the torrent sites, few people over at http://www.justin.tv playing it!

If only i had a modded 360, id well get the single player done in time for nxt weeek so i cud cain the online! Ahhh well! 1 week left :)

More on the chat ting: kotaku.com

The Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2 won't allow gamers to be in Party Chat while playing the game, according to a screen uploaded by a NeoGaf poster.

That means that gamers on different teams won't be able to cross talk and cheat. Of course, it also means that gamers won't be able to chat to friends not playing Modern Warfare 2 while they're in the game.

The Playstation 3 doesn't have a cross-game chat capability.

While some people seemed upset about this move, I think it's a pretty good idea and will help cut down on people giving away positions in ranked matches. Of course, someone could just pick up a phone if they really wanted to cheat.

We've contacted Activision to try and confirm this screenshot.

thumb160x_gamechat.jpg