NEurope

Don't bother explaining yourself Emasher. You're trying to convince and idiot.

You'll still be giving Activision the same money. Sainsburys will be making the loss.

Well, atleast Sainsburys spent £55 on it so I don't have to :) I'm not absolutely gagging to play MW2, it's just the fact if I don't get it cheap now, I never will. I still see World at War for £38.99; bought Uncharted 2 for £35..

I'll be checking the Sainsburys near me on Tuesday morning then.

It opens at 7. Do you think they'll have it out on the shelf that early.

Why are people awake at that time in the morning.

Crazy people.

*remembers being at work for 4 in the morning*

*shudders*

My hype levels for this game are ridiculously high, I can't wait. Had a run of games earlier on cod 5 in prep: 22-0, 32-2, then 42-0. :p

Apparently it will be £26 at launch (on 360 and PS3) in Sainsburys, limited to one per customer;

5m9zwi.jpg

Obviously until Sainsburys confirm/deny it themselves then its hearsay, but unlike the band its hearsay that may be worthwhile keeping an eye (ear?) on.

All I'm saying is my copy has already been put aside. Wasn't buying it, but something I saw today (not that screen, before I saw the deal on HUKD) changed my mind.

All I'm saying is my copy has already been put aside. Wasn't buying it, but something I saw today (not that screen, before I saw the deal on HUKD) changed my mind.

I bet it was the PC version..

Yeah that was weird. Guesstiamte calls it an interactive cutscene or interlude, however. I can't see them working in an actual space level. I can only imagine that breaking the flow of the story.

To my mind
looks like an interesting opener to the third act - a peaceful day in orbit when - BOOM! - Russia lays the smackdown and the ISS gets caught in the nuclear crossfire.

Aye both what you say sounds good. Regardless that little clip in the trailer was awesome.

I think I'll be heading to Saindsburys early Tuesday morning then. I hope this is true.

Online really does feel dull without party chat.

The hell? can't you use Party Chat with MW2 for some reason? It's supposed to work with all games...

The hell? can't you use Party Chat with MW2 for some reason? It's supposed to work with all games...

Certain playlists it has been disabled. Apparantly it's to stop 'cheaters' working with each other on different teams.

IW have disabled in most online playlists.

Oh hello Sainsbo's, shame I dont have one where I live. Come on Asda and Tesco

If anyone is interested, here are the current playlists:

Team Deathmatch (8-12)

Mercenary Team Deathmatch (8-12) Party Chat Allowed

Free For All (4-8) Party Chat Allowed

Domination (8-12)

Ground War (12-18) Party Chat Allowed (this contains both Team Deathmatch and Domination)

Demolition (lv7)

Sabotage (lv10)

Headquarters (lv10)

Search & Destroy (lv13)

Capture the Flag (lv16)

3rd Person Teams (lv19) Party Chat Allowed

Hardcore Ricochet: SD (lv19)

3rd Person Cage (lv19) Party Chat Allowed

Probably going to pick this up at work, rumour is it'll be around £25-£30 which is cool. I'd pay £35 to be honest because that's standard price. Interested to see how these death/kill streaks work. Hopefully stop it from becoming Call of Duty: Modern Sniper 2.

Certain playlists it has been disabled. Apparantly it's to stop 'cheaters' working with each other on different teams.

Oh... well that's kinda fail, I mean I can see it's for 'the good of the game' etc but it is still only a game and generally all games have Party Chat so for this to not have it for parts of the game kind of sucks really, plus there is nothing to stop people using private chat instead if they were really determined to 'cheat' right?

Anyway... I'm sure it won't 'kill' the game for me but alas it is annoying as I'd just started using party chat more regularly.

In other news I actually only just finished the original MW last night! :o I really enjoyed it though and I now see what I've been 'missing out' on... as far as the multiplayer goes though, it's good... but... Idk... there just doesn't seem to be much incentive to play apart from ranks, which is a good system but maybe a few online achievements wouldn't have hurt, but then again the better ones to get are single player achievements I guess, I'm not knocking the online multiplayer but I just don't feel that I've missed out so much on that as I had with the single player.

Edited by S.C.G

It's funny how play is now valued by how many achievements you can get out of it. What happened to playing to play?

I'm still weighing this up....there are a few other recent releases that I've missed which I am thinking about picking up instead...I really am not that into multiplayer gaming and whilst I did say a few days ago my interest was there because of the stuff its trying to do with single player im not sure its enough to warrant it...

Yes I will admit my boycott is somewhat abaited by the rumours that supermarkets are gonna get it out at reasonable price, if they wanna sell it at a lose more fool them, although I do suppose that means give money to activision urgh...I should stick by my views and not get caught up in hype.

I'm still weighing this up....there are a few other recent releases that I've missed which I am thinking about picking up instead...I really am not that into multiplayer gaming and whilst I did say a few days ago my interest was there because of the stuff its trying to do with single player im not sure its enough to warrant it...

Yes I will admit my boycott is somewhat abaited by the rumours that supermarkets are gonna get it out at reasonable price, if they wanna sell it at a lose more fool them, although I do suppose that means give money to activision urgh...I should stick by my views and not get caught up in hype.

Arguably the biggest draw for this game is the Multiplayer. By all accounts the single player is very short again, brilliant, but short. So if you were to buy it just for the single player, you may feel a little short changed. It may be worth renting, or waiting for a used/discounted copy?

Arguably the biggest draw for this game is the Multiplayer. By all accounts the single player is very short again, brilliant, but short. So if you were to buy it just for the single player, you may feel a little short changed. It may be worth renting, or waiting for a used/discounted copy?

Only reason I'm not that draw to multiplayer is because I am not usually all that good at them...although I'm alright at Uncharted 2

Only reason I'm not that draw to multiplayer is because I am not usually all that good at them...although I'm alright at Uncharted 2

I'll admit, I am a massive CoD fanboy, so my opinion is probably biased. But I really think the Call of Duty multiplayer is the best you can get. CoD4 was/is fantastic, but not very accessable. Being dropped into a game full of uber-leets who have been playing the game constantly since day 1, and instantly getting pwned, is no fun. It seems Modern Warfare 2 has addressed that, with deathstreaks, which reward the not-so-leet player with an advantage should they be struggling.

Buy it, then if you find it really is not for you, sell it on ebay/trade it in.

It's funny how play is now valued by how many achievements you can get out of it. What happened to playing to play?

Well... as an online game it is fun to play, huge fun at times, though it can be annoying too, it's just that sometimes it's nice to have a handful of online achievements to go for that's all.

Re: Multiplayer

definitely the big draw for me. I know I'll love the SP too, but there's no mistaking this as a MP focused package. For me, that makes it good value. For anyone not interested though, it's much harder to recommend a purchase.

Always prefered Halo 3 online to CoD4 myself but I'm definitely going to push a few hours in to this for a change of pace. Especially withe the Edge forum about to go nuclear for it.

To be honest, I quite liked the fact they didn't add achievements in the multiplayer, there usually a piece of shit, like shoot a ranked player 100 times in the knee.

Oh and its double points for those wanting to go top prestige on COD4, for those not in the know.