NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Where's the cheapest place to get mushrooms? I currently get the loose ones from Sainsburys for around £2.50 a kilo.

Last thing i made was

potnoodle460.jpg

I was going to make some sarcastic comment about how classy that is, but suddenly I want one - it's been about 4 years...

Tesco seem to be cheaper...

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Vegetables/Tesco_Closed_Cup_Mushrooms_Loose_Approx_70g.html

£2.48 / Kg

Ok so it's only 2p cheaper but still... :p

and you'd have to buy a whole kilo to save 2p!!! That's a lotta damn mushrooms!

If you have local markets sometimes they can be a tad cheaper, but its really here nor there for how much you buy.

I may make myself a birthday cake this weekend (Loooooooooser!) just because we happen to have flour in the house all of a sudden. Chocolate and/or jam-based cake recipes?

I may make myself a birthday cake this weekend (Loooooooooser!) just because we happen to have flour in the house all of a sudden. Chocolate and/or jam-based cake recipes?

Heh, I'm thinking of doing the same thing, as I'm all alone. Let's be losers together!

Not sure what to make yet though. Will probably end up making nothing at all heh.

I was going to make some sarcastic comment about how classy that is, but suddenly I want one - it's been about 4 years...

4 years? But... you're a student!! I'm more of a fan of sainsuburies basics though. 19p!!!!

I made an egg fried rice earlier which, not gonna lie, was pretty stunning. Lacking a photo though.

I might upload one I took earlier of a flatmates cup of tea with mould growing on it. A little disguisting.

What flavour?

Beef and Tomato, co-incidently.

Still got to try the Kebab flavour one, if they still do them.

That long, no-wonder you want one.

Where's the cheapest place to get mushrooms? I currently get the loose ones from Sainsburys for around £2.50 a kilo.

Theres a van that goes around Slaggis' area every night that sells them...

I've bought a whole chicken from Co-op today reduced to £1.20. Gonna roast it with some carrots, onion and broccoli.

I've bought a whole chicken from Co-op today reduced to £1.20. Gonna roast it with some carrots, onion and broccoli.

That's really quite awesome. How big is it?

That's really quite awesome. How big is it?

Hard to say. I'll take a picture with my phone but don't have any way of getting it on my pc. I could text it to somebody if they knew how.

EDIT: It weighs 1.594Kg if that gives you an idea of size.

Attempting salmon tonight.

Shall report back. Not cooked it before.

great success!

Not for the salmon though :(

:heh:

Tonight I made...something. I was going to do some kind of wrap thingys that I usually make but accidentally left the wraps in the oven (to defrost) for too long so they were already crispy. So instead I put one at the bottom, put a crap load of filling on top, then one on the top. So it was like some kind of mexican pizza/sandwich. Good though :)

Absolutely amazing. Vegetables were lovely. Chicken tasted amazing.

Friends and I made fooooood.

First starters:

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

Smoked salmon roll with garlic/herbs cream cheese, cucumber roll with same cheese and tiny tomatoes with the cheese. Then half a peach with some tuna cocktail mix and mozarella with basil and tomato.

DSC01153.jpg

Vegetable lasagna (carrots, red onion, garlic, courgette, red bellpepper, tomato-basil pasta sauce, ricotta with red pesto and grated parmesan and then mozarella on top).

DSC01154.jpg

Chocolate mousse with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.

Also made a low fat banana milkshake but don't have a picture of it sadly. It was ok, but I preferred the other unhealthy food. =P

Nice food Ine :)

Today for lunch I had...

Vegetable Bean-Burger on Toast

11ilovp.jpg

Tasted rather good actually.

Mmm veggie burger.

I made a fruit blend of two apples, a golden kiwi, a prune and two bananas. Added in a tiny bit of orange juice and some biscuits (which contain passion fruit stuff too). It may look horrible but it tastes soooo nice.

DSC01176.jpgDSC01177.jpg

Eenuh I hope you don't mind but I've decided I'm coming to live with you.

Eenuh I hope you don't mind but I've decided I'm coming to live with you.

Oooh feel free! If you leave now you might arrive in time for the cookies I'm making tomorrow. =P

Nooooo, maaale competttitttioooonnnn. Pfft, I can take him. :heh:

That food is making me stupidly hungry. Especially for Lasa****aaa.