NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Home alone and didn't have anything in house really, so just made myself a yummy omelette with veggies. Got some wok vegetables (soy beans, three coloured bell peppers, onion, carrot etc.) and mixed it with three eggs for a delicious meal! Had two slices of toast with strawberry jam to go with it. Yummmmm.

Might not look good (had to fold the omelette to fit on my plate), but it really was!

DSC00713.jpg

Well since the old cooking thread has disappeared. I thought that a new thread might be a good idea so that we can all share our recipes and ideas. But mainly because over the next few weeks I'll be asking lots of questions as I embark on a journey through time and space (and the kitchen), to the world of the mighty food.

Anyway my question now is;

How long should I fry diced lamb for?

I'm gonna stick it in a pasta sauce most likely.

You don't really cook meat for a certain time, you cook it till it looks (and is) cooked.

Red meat is the easiest because it ain't gonna make you ill if you undercook it. When i cook red meat i brown the outside but leave the inside quite red; i like my red meat done pretty rare but it's completely up to whoever eats it as to how they do it.

As for white meat, make sure you cook it white through to the centre before eating it. That shit can make you bad if you undercook it.

Don't really know anything about cooking fish. I just microwave it :grin:

Hope that helps :)

Mega bumpage!

Risotto

33u72x0.jpg

Moar to come later on. :D

Well since the old cooking thread has disappeared.

Untruths! :o it was halfway down the second page but has since received a bump! :heh: anyway, there is room for two cooking-related threads I reckon but if not then this could be merged with the older thread.

Regarding lamb, cook until the outside is golden/brown, that's the general rule. :)

Apart from the ridiculous amount of pepper, that looks delicious. =D

Ty Ine :) your omlette looks lovely btw, I know it's not a 'half-circle' like omlettes generally are but Imo, the more 'abstract' they are, the better! mine often turn out like that too but still taste great! :D

Ty Ine :) your omlette looks lovely btw, I know it's not a 'half-circle' like omlettes generally are but Imo, the more 'abstract' they are, the better! mine often turn out like that too but still taste great! :D

I didn't know omelettes usually have a certain shape haha; mine are always round (this one was too), but it accidentally folded when putting it on my plate. =P

But yes, it tasted awesome! =D

*hungry now* X3

I didn't know omelettes usually have a certain shape haha;

Well they aren't necessarilly supposed to just that many ten to end up being a kinda half circle when folded, but only if they are thin enough to be folded, thicker omlettes with loads of stuff in the mixture tend to turn out more like a Pizza, in which case you can just 'quarter' it. :D

I wish I had an Eenuh to cook for me, her meals always look delicious. Tonights attempt at a meal is sausages...in a sandwich. Possible pics later, but it's not going to be anything impressive, so maybe not.

I'mma share a recipe with you. It's a snack, takes twenty minutes to make and the people I've cooked it for love it and since I don't know the proper name, I'm gonna call it...

DudeDazz's Cheesy Triangles (and by the way, it's NOT cheese on toast...)

Serves: 2

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Cooking time: 10-20 minutes (varies with ovens)

Ingredients

- 6 ounces of grated cheese

- 1 beaten egg

- 1 tablespoon of English Mustard (Diijon works well too)

- Salt (pepper can be added as well if you like that)

- Tablespoon of butter

- 4 slices of white bread (this doesn't taste so nice with brown bread)

Directions

(Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 before starting)

1. Mix together the grated cheese, the egg, the tablespoon of mustard and add a pinch of salt (and/or pepper) and stir well in a bowl for one to two minutes.

2. After mixing, butter the bread and cut the four slices of bread into four triangles.

3. Then apply the mixture to the triangles and spread thickly and place them onto a baking tray.

4. Cook in the oven for ten minutes until puffed up and golden brown (might take 15-20 minutes with some ovens so check on them every 5 minutes)

---

People love this recipe but some people say that it's cheese on toast. It's not because the taste is completely different if you've done it correctly. Enjoy and tell me what you think if you decide to cook it :D

sounds a bit like Wikipedia reference-linkwelsh rarebit to me

It does sound rather similar... oh random fact, I used to call it 'Welsh Rabbit' when I was younger... used to think it was rabbit on toast or something daft lolol. :D

Man I have a HUGE craving for welsh rabbits now

...mmm thumper*...

:p

*I'm aware Thumper is not Welsh.

I'm pretty sure it's on the first page, titled "post your pepper-doused meals". Im-a go merge these now, k.

247371999_08c2ea1fe4.jpg

So satisfying on a cold night after the pub.

So bad for me.

I have lots of remaining dices of lamb. Anyone got any ideas for (easy and cheap) recipes for them?

I'm pretty sure it's on the first page, titled "post your pepper-doused meals". Im-a go merge these now, k.

It wasn't when I posted my thread.

True dat. But it wasn't that dead either :P

Whilst this is true, it doesn't help me solve my ovine based predicament.

I have lots of remaining dices of lamb. Anyone got any ideas for (easy and cheap) recipes for them?

It wasn't when I posted my thread.

studentrecipes.com if usually a good place.

Make chilli, my friend does it with hardly any mince so its practically a veggie one, but with lots of tomatoes its awesome.

Always buy basics in supermarkets, usually there isn't much difference between the tastes.

Always make large batches and freeze them, saved my ass quite a few times last year! :santa:

Soooo Jim and I made some Chinese food yesterday. We made noodles with veggies, egg fried rice with veggies and marinated tofu (instead of chicken) with sweet and sour sauce (and veggies). Took us ages to make (we fail), but it was pretty nice, especially the rice.

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00838.jpg