NEurope

Okay, preordered the game (used firefox so its a safari problem).

I never knew you could take the money off your reward card online :)

Yeh :heh: ..though, is it possible to use money from a Gift Card online?

i know how to save u £5 without using ur vip points

http://www.game.co.uk/studentoffer/

then do this,

put grand slam tennis in ur basket

than somthing else say tiger woods +motion plus pack,, then go to checkout and place the voucher in

go to checkout and pay and you will have £5 off, and you can simply cancel the other part of the order which the voucher is not used in.

it worked for me :)

i know how to save u £5 without using ur vip points

http://www.game.co.uk/studentoffer/

then do this,

put grand slam tennis in ur basket

than somthing else say tiger woods +motion plus pack,, then go to checkout and place the voucher in

go to checkout and pay and you will have £5 off, and you can simply cancel the other part of the order which the voucher is not used in.

it worked for me :)

Sneaky, sneaky!

I'm not overly taken with this game but when it comes out on Friday I'll be getting it, if mainly to check out the WiiMotion Plus. Who knows, I may find it enjoyable once playing it's just that it is kind of hard to get excited about a Tennis game.

I'm just wary of the lack of real playtime of this. But it does look great fun.

I have to be picky with my purchases unfortunately. However! I've come to learn that a vast majority of recent 'mainstream' reviews have been nothing but media bias, hype train love-ins and "hardcore VS casual" viewpoints. Kinda grates me when I see the IGN team being bias towards "HD" games and almost lambasting all "casual" experiences. Some print magazines are bad for this too. For instance, I've found Edge can be very harsh with their elitist attitude.

I've found myself waaaay too influenced by media coverage of games (E3 always highlights this to me more and more.) It's just an opinion and if the game looks good to you then it should be a purchase you make immediately or in the future when prices drop. /Rant!!

So yeah, I'm just go back to when I was a teen and if a title looked good to me, I bought it. Never seemed to really matter. I need to kick back and just relax over my game purchases and stop aiming my purchases on an 80+% barometer.

So yeah, I'm going to get this and just accept that I will probably love it !

Glad you've been able to let your inhibitions go, tapey!

I'm going for a spot of tennis this evening to get warmed up. :awesome:

Weird how it's been getting so many positive previews. I'd wait for more reviews (and I have been rooting for this over VT2009, so I am naturally reluctant to admit that I'm wrong...)

Damn, that review makes it sound very very poor.

I was looking forward to online matches with Darksnowman and RedShell as well.

Might give it a miss now.

Edited by lostmario

The sad part for me is that I usually agree with Eurogamer - moreso than any other reviews site anyway.

Damn, that review makes it sound very very poor.

I was looking forward to online matches with Darksnowman and RedShell as well.

Might give it a miss now.

Well, I'll be picking it up for sure, (I still refuse to believe they'd launch Motion Plus with a bad game :shakehead) will let you know how I get on with it anyway.

But yeah I don't take notice of reviews these days, learnt a long time ago that you simply can't trust them. Lost count of the amount of times a site or mag has given a game that I really enjoyed a low score. Or a game that I thought to be a bit meh got a great score. ::shrug:

If anything though that review has made me want this game even more now, to find out for myself what the deal is. :hehe:

Plus, Eurogamers Wii Music review (also a 5/10 funnily enough) was shockingly bad and well... I think you lot all know my feelings toward that game. ;)

I'd personally say wait for more reviews. It's one review and it has gotten good previews. I'll be picking it up, mainly for the MotionPlus and to test it out. Hopefully it'll be an enjoyable game. If not, doesn't really matter as it's launching the peripheral so there will evidently be problems with it. Even if it was Wii Sports Resort launching MotionPlus there'd still be problems with it.

The sad part for me is that I usually agree with Eurogamer - moreso than any other reviews site anyway.

Me too. I nearly preordered this when I got in from work today, glad I read the review first.

My pre-order stands. I'm not even gonna read that review. :heh:
You da man Steve! :cool:

*high five* :D

You da man Steve! :cool:

*high five* :D

Just you be sure to get your copy too. Federer vs Nadal this weekend!

Too bad Soderling's not available (he isn't, right?). I'd love me some Nadal-killer!

Bloody hell!! I'm wavering with my preorder!! Anyone know if you can online doubles?

Murray's still going to be my player of choice!! Weekend off!! Anyone fancy an online frenzy?!?!

Just you be sure to get your copy too. Federer vs Nadal this weekend!
Don't you worry about that my friend. It's game time! :bouncy:

Anyone know if you can online doubles?
From NoE's GST page:

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection compatibility lets you take on players from around the world online in singles and doubles.

Grand Slam Tennis-7.5

nintendo power review

this ign online vid looks good http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14275416/ea-sports-tennis/videos/grand-slam-online-1.html

i will be picking this up this week, i think the main thing wrong will be single player. but then again muiltiplayer is where the game will shine

if we all get it id be up for this doubles match :)?

Edited by yesteryeargames

sounds good, 1 small thing do u need to press buttons to lob or dropshot even with motion plus ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

I'm so fickle. I'm really excited by this now!!!

sounds good, 1 small thing do u need to press buttons to lob or dropshot even with motion plus ?

Don't even get me started on that!!!

Good to see some more positive looking scores. For some reason I'm not too fussed on reading up on it still- don't even feel compelled to read the IGN review. I just wanna discover the gameplay and everything for myself with this one.

I'll be wanting online mayhem this weekend and next week, so you guys better not disappoint! :heh: If its doubles then you better hope you are on my side if you wanna win. :indeed: