NEurope

tenniso.jpg80q4ialwipnm5mn.jpg

Official website including character art:

http://www.tennis.easports.com/home.action

EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis, available first for the Wii, puts the racket in the palm of your hand and offers the deepest tennis experience ever for the Wii. As the home to all four Grand Slams, and exclusive to Wimbledon, you can take your customized created player on a quest to win the four slams in Grand Slam career mode.

Giving gamers a chance to play at Wimbledon's famed Centre Court adds a level of authenticity that isn't available anywhere else. EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis delivers an authentic tennis experience that makes you feel like you are playing with and against the sport's greatest legends and today's current stars.

Total Racket Control

Swing the racket like a Grand Slam champion by performing real life tennis strokes as your actions are mapped into gameplay.

Pick Up and Play

If you can swing a racket, you can start playing at any Grand Slam venue as your own created player or as a current star or legend.

Grand Slam Career

For added depth and complexity, take your created player on the journey to develop and win the four Grand Slams.

Venues

As the only video game licensed to feature Wimbledon, users can play all four Grand Slams. Authentic stadiums and venues are recognizable as the real grounds.

EA SPORTSTM Grand Slam® Tennis will ship to retailers in North America on June 16, 2009.

And will be the first two products from the EA SPORTSTM label that utilize the functionality of the Wii MotionPlusTM. EA SPORTS has at least five products, including EA SPORTS Active in May, in development that will launch before the end of 2009 designed specifically for the WiiTM.

VERY much looking forward to this!!

Apparently if you sign up to the news letter you get a look at the Federer character art.

wow that tennis player screenshot is pretty.... weird looking isn't it.. Hope the game is better looking than that..

BUUUT it's a tennis game and I don't give a shit. Wii tennis looked good enough for me in fairness..

Pull this off EA!

Is this what that EA Tennis game we got wind of has become? :indeed:

Thats meant to be Sampras up there isn't it? Looks a bit like Philippoussis from this angle, lol. I'm looking at their take on Federer right now and it looks weird yet pretty swish- much better than Nadal, but lets face it... they weren't ever gonna make Nadal look cool.

They better have a great look in motion with some nice visual effects to make up for how unbelievably basic those character models are.

Yeah this is EA's motionplus tennis game.

I think the character models have a good stule about them. They look like the ones used in Shaun White Snowboarding, which look great in cutscenes and in-game.

“‘Tiger’ and ‘Tennis’ will be compatible, but not dependent, on WMP. They will ship with the functionality, regardless of when WMP comes to market.†- EA Sports pr chief David Tinson

If these come out ahead of Motion+ then it will be interesting to see how Motion+ adds to them, seeing as we will have potentially had some time getting used to the games beforehand.

I'm really excited about this game; but....I just get a feeling it won't pull it off. WiiMotion+ better be as good as Nintendo implied. Come on EA, nail it!

With the presence of so many beach/summer games in Wii Sports Resort (it's even in the title), it'll definitely be out this summer.

Cheers for the screens!

Good chance I'm buying this provided EA pull the controls off and they're fun!

I like the style, though I hope it has a great atmosphere; atm the crowd seem like just cut-outs,

I hope the final version has plenty of animation.

I like that they've gone with the simplistic style - even if it is a bit minimalist. Still, perhaps it's because they've realised gameplay will be key to how good it is. Can't wait to see it in action.

I'm not sure I'm feeling the 'style' of this one.. but ultimately Motion Plus is this games main selling point! If they nail that, it should be great :smile:

I'm surprised. It's actually a very nice, clean, polished style.

I'm surprised. It's actually a very nice, clean, polished style.

I can't decide yet if my opinion is the same as yours or if the game is maybe too basic. I'm waiting to see videos and read some impressions of it so I remain optimistic in the meantime. I love tennis and cartoony games so I want this to be good.

Here's an interesting piece of info: the website says the game is to be out on June 18th (a Thursday) and apparently it inadvertently says in that Nintendo Power preview that Motion+ will be out before Grand Slam Tennis.

I wonder if you will be able to play games at Wimbledon in it with the roof closed?

I like the look of it. Is it confirmed that we control the players movement?

If you want you can, if you don't want to then you don't have to. :)

From the up and coming summary of the latest Nintendo Voice Chat:

EA Grand Slam Tennis

- They got to play it without MotionPlus. Woo!

- Hands-on in about a day or two.

- It's like Wii Tennis, except better

- You should be able to control your guy with an analog stick (optional)

- Mix of realism with exaggerated characters

- Going to be pretty deep, online mode

- Even without WiiMotion it was fun

They plan on checking out Tiger Woods next week.

- They're wondering how they'll implement non-MotionPlus gameplay.

- They think that they'll just take last year's game and add a separate mode for MotionPlus.

- Nintendo is still tweaking MotionPlus, and will delay the release past June.

- Wii Sports Resort will be an 8 game title, not 10.

- The swordfighting from WSR is good, as was the dog frisbee thing.

- Hard to tell if WiiMotion delay will delay the EA games as well.

I left in the Motion+ bit seeing as it applies to EA Tennis. They seem to reckon Nintendo will have no qualms with delaying it, which conflicts with what the Nintendo Power preview said which I mentioned a few posts above. Grand Slam Tennis then, sounds good from the NVC and lets hope the hands-on IGN has in the works provides us with some good info.

"I think EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis is the most superior tennis experience with or without Wii MotionPlus. Wii Sports Tennis is a great experience but I think we've evolved on where that experience was a couple of years ago," says the title's producer, Thomas Singleton. "When you plug in Wii MotionPlus, it takes it to an even higher level of authenticity."

That authenticity bleeds over to content. Grand Slam Tennis features the exclusive Wimbledon license and therefore recreates the famed courts housed within, which means you'll be able to visit a variety of grass, clay and hard locales. You'll even notice your character sliding around the court at the French Open. And while the title also boasts a meaty roster of tennis pros, we're only able to specifically a mention a few of those in our write-up today: Federer, Roddick, Nadal, Sampras and Borg. Rest assured, there are many more, both young and old. The characters, like the courts themselves, are brought to the screen via a stylized presentation, a pleasing blend of exaggerated characteristics and simple design. Both characters and courts resemble their real-life counterparts, but there are stylistic liberties -- for example, accentuated facial features and environmental backgrounds whose detail is intentionally simplified.

"We're designing a visual presentation for the platform. We know what the Wii platform does well and we know what the Wii platform doesn't do well. We also know that our EA Sports consumers who own Wiis don't want a scaled down next-generation title on the Wii platform. They want a different, unique experience that's built for that platform," explains Singleton.

IGN preview.

Screenshots.

Federer, Roddick, Nadal, Sampras and Borg. Rest assured, there are many more, both young and old.
haha, wonder if you'll be able to unlock McEnroe!!

Game looks great from those screens!

grand-slam-tennis-10-20090306044637048_640w.jpg Wonder if they'll animate Nadal fiddling round with his shorts and rearranging himself as he waits!

:shakehead Why'd you have to post a picture of that rat?
Just to illustrate what I said:

Wonder if they'll animate Nadal fiddling round with his shorts and rearranging himself as he waits!
Any idea who this lad is:

Great hair.

Sampras I thought.

You didn't need to post a pic though- who really wants to look at Nadal, eh? :heh:

Not sure if thats Sampras. Sure he has a single handed backhand, but it doesn't look like him and it doesn't compare to the Sampras up in your opening post. Could be a create-a-tennisman or someone classic that we just aren't thinking of. Speaking of classic players... Agassi needs to be playable!

Agassi needs to be playable!
Oh definately!!!

and I think it is Sampras, just in a different outfit. They both have the same brown matted type hair, big eyebrows and shaded stubble. He was one hairy guy!

Is this game going to have online play? Not really been following it to be honest, but I'm noticing that darksnowman has some issues with Nadal, so I figure it'd be fun to get this game and continually play against him using only Nadal. :grin:

Wonder if they'll animate Nadal fiddling round with his shorts and rearranging himself as he waits!
I doubt it, but it'd be pretty funny if they did.

who really wants to look at Nadal, eh? :heh:
People that want to see super awesome tennis from the best player in the world perhaps? :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: